LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

New York Giants show how to beat San Francisco 49ers @ NFL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Gosh, those first couple of drives we moved the ball well, and then we got away from it and completely screwed ourselves over.

I think you got it backwards....going away from the game plan was not the thing that screwed us over, it was the 3 picks which led to the 20 pt deficit that forced us to abandon the game plan, we were playing from behind most of the game and had to keep up.

U sure u watched the game?!
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Such a dumb article... The Giants couldn't stop our running game. WE just decided to stop running period! Look at how many carries Gore had, the WHOLE game. He didn't get a single touch in the second half. We made ourselves 1 dimensional due to stupid play-calling and for some reason juggling back and forth with a 2-Quarterback system like it was a Quarterback carousel...

Agree. Our running game was productive when we decided to use it. The problem was Alex's turnovers put us in a 23-3 hole. In addition, Roman called a HORRIBLE game. His gimmicky play-calling lost us valuable yards, often negating any positive plays we made, and killed momentum on every drive. He just had an awful feel for the game today.
I don't believe any game film from one game can show other teams how to beat another team. If this was true then the Bills and Jets would have beat or at least played the 49ers much closer regardless of talent if they just watched the Vikings film. This is a copy cat league but teams change up their game plans from week to week.
NFL.COM is full of articles that make zero sense. They post articles every ten minuets and wait for the masses to start clicking on them. That entire web site(like most sports pages and sports shows) is full of contradicting analysts.
[ Edited by 49erswillbeback on Oct 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
here's how you beat us. get up by more than 1 possession. too large of a deficit for alex to overcome.
Watching Berman and Jackson on ESPN. Said that the Niners arent the type of team that can come back from 10 or 14 points. Berman said they got outslugged today; got lots to learn.

Not anything we didnt know, but still......getting embarrassed around the media circuits.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Such a dumb article... The Giants couldn't stop our running game. WE just decided to stop running period! Look at how many carries Gore had, the WHOLE game. He didn't get a single touch in the second half. We made ourselves 1 dimensional due to stupid play-calling and for some reason juggling back and forth with a 2-Quarterback system like it was a Quarterback carousel...

Agree. Our running game was productive when we decided to use it. The problem was Alex's turnovers put us in a 23-3 hole. In addition, Roman called a HORRIBLE game. His gimmicky play-calling lost us valuable yards, often negating any positive plays we made, and killed momentum on every drive. He just had an awful feel for the game today.

It was one of those things where, okay, Alex threw a pick... It happens, and it will happen. So I was expecting that to be the only pick in the game. He's shaken them off usually lately. But today it's like...... wtf... He helped put us in such a hole like never before with this coaching staff that they didn't know what the f**k to do...
AKers
The panic is cracking me up.

We played the Giants like they were the Jaguars, or some other scrub team. Thinking we could pull all these cute plays on them was just the stupidest thing I've seen from this coaching in like...ever! We totally shot ourselves in the foot time and again. This was not a blueprint to beating us, this was a blueprint on how to beat ourselves. Gosh, those first couple of drives we moved the ball well, and then we got away from it and completely screwed ourselves over.

Dude's, it felt like I was watching the 3 stooges out there with the sheer stupidity of the decisions we were making.

Moving hte ball is not all there is, getting a TD as a result of that is the key don't you think? Those 2 drives resulted in 1 field goal. The usual fail in the redZone so to me unless you keep moving the ball and get a TD, especially again a team with as good an offense as the Giants it's nothin but a Fail, once again.
i thought Minnesota did that. The media really hates us. Must be doing something right. According to ESPN we were Stomped.
Now the Giants take their turn this week at being the best team in the NFL. The Super team, the Texans, get abused by the Pack. The undefeated Fal-cones barely beat the Raiders. Matty Ice throws 3 picks in the first half. His Eminence, Pete Rozelle, had a dream that every team finishes the season 8-8. This way every one would be glued to their TV and the ratings wouldn't miss a beat. The Higher Authorities, the Sponsors and Networks, would deem it acceptable and throw billions and billions of dollars to the owners. The Giants have the perfect blueprint for success, stay close and get hot late. Coach Harbaugh is very smart he already has it figured out.

Originally posted by Faraz80:
Watching Berman and Jackson on ESPN. Said that the Niners arent the type of team that can come back from 10 or 14 points. Berman said they got outslugged today; got lots to learn.

Not anything we didnt know, but still......getting embarrassed around the media circuits.

You do know that they are referring to Alex Smith right? Some are starting to see what some 49ers can not see and that is Alex Smith can not bring this team back once it is down by more then 10 points.
The 49ers defense didn't play very well but they only gave up 10 points in the first half and 26 total. The defense was on the field far too long and were obviously exhausted. If Alex plays better the defense gets more rest and the Giants score less.
If you told most 49er fans before the game that the Giants would score 26 points I bet most would still feel as if the 49ers had a chance of winning the game. If you told them that the 49ers would fall behind by 10 points I'm not sure many would be so confident. Now ask yourself why?
Originally posted by verb1der:
Gosh, those first couple of drives we moved the ball well, and then we got away from it and completely screwed ourselves over.

I think you got it backwards....going away from the game plan was not the thing that screwed us over, it was the 3 picks which led to the 20 pt deficit that forced us to abandon the game plan, we were playing from behind most of the game and had to keep up.

U sure u watched the game?!

No, you got it backwards. After the first two drives, Roman started substituting Kaepernick into the game totally disrupting the rhythm of the offense and Alex Smith. Kaepernick's downs were completely ineffective because the Giants prepared well for him. After Kaepernick had his fun, Alex Smith got brought back into deep sh*t. Even Troy Aikman made a quip along the lines of "Now Alex, go get them!". The interceptions came on long yardage downs where the Giants were fully anticipating the pass. He certainly didn't make good reads on his throws, but Roman's gameplan put Alex Smith in a position to fail, since we packed up our own rushing game and tucked it away. What's the use of having 4 quality running backs if you don't use them? Sometimes people are so blinded by hate they can only see the most shallow statistics.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Now the Giants take their turn this week at being the best team in the NFL. The Super team, the Texans, get abused by the Pack. The undefeated Fal-cones barely beat the Raiders. Matty Ice throws 3 picks in the first half. His Eminence, Pete Rozelle, had a dream that every team finishes the season 8-8. This way every one would be glued to their TV and the ratings wouldn't miss a beat. The Higher Authorities, the Sponsors and Networks, would deem it acceptable and throw billions and billions of dollars to the owners. The Giants have the perfect blueprint for success, stay close and get hot late. Coach Harbaugh is very smart he already has it figured out.

Originally posted by SofaKing:

It was one of those things where, okay, Alex threw a pick... It happens, and it will happen. So I was expecting that to be the only pick in the game. He's shaken them off usually lately. But today it's like...... wtf... He helped put us in such a hole like never before with this coaching staff that they didn't know what the f**k to do...

Good point. Didn't expect three ints from Smith. The got like 13 points directly off turnovers.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by Faraz80:

You do know that they are referring to Alex Smith right? Some are starting to see what some 49ers can not see and that is Alex Smith can not bring this team back once it is down by more then 10 points.
The 49ers defense didn't play very well but they only gave up 10 points in the first half and 26 total. The defense was on the field far too long and were obviously exhausted. If Alex plays better the defense gets more rest and the Giants score less.
If you told most 49er fans before the game that the Giants would score 26 points I bet most would still feel as if the 49ers had a chance of winning the game. If you told them that the 49ers would fall behind by 10 points I'm not sure many would be so confident. Now ask yourself why?

Im not disagreeing. However, I dont think Alex is as bad as he showed today, nor do I think he is as good as he showed last week. I think the label everyone put on him last year was fine; he's a game manager. That may be good enough to win us a ring this year (see Dilfer; see Brad Johnson), but I dont think it's enough to formulate the next dynasty (see Brady and Pats; Manning and Colts). In either case, there's no way we make it to the SB without him this year.
Share 49ersWebzone