There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How upset are you?

I can tell you one thing, we CLEARLY win as a team and we lose as a team. When we win, we do a stellar job from preparation, to game-planning, in-game adjustments, OL, QB, RB's, front 7, secondary, ST, etc. But man, when we lose, we lose BAD and we lose in every facet as a team, top-to-bottom. I think it's absolutely pointless to blame ONE player in either lose to the Vikings and now Giants.

I asked a serious question recently and I'm still struggling to find an answer myself: Did ONE single player play well Sunday?

On the bright side, we lost badly to the Giants/Vikes, both good/great teams but both teams have collapsed themselves this year and have the same record we have now...4-2. We pounded some other schizophrenic teams in the Packers/Lions. Only the Falcons are consistently winning at 6-0. And to put it into perspective, the team we set an NFL record against last Sunday beat the Cards in AZ in OT.

There is SO much parity in the NFL right now that as a fan, you just can't get too high or too low or you're really setting yourself up for failure. Any given Sunday...for 4 of these "Sunday's" they were all ours; for two, they clearly weren't.

Now, let's take a Thursday and regroup on a high!
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM ]
The only thing that upset me about the game is the QB rotation. Enough is enough. If your going to let Kaep. come in and start throwing the ball, start him. If Alex is the QB then sit Kaep. I think it's unfair to the entire team, QB, Oline, receivers to constantly change out the QB's. I really do.
It seems the 49ers is The Jackal & Hide of the NFL teams, I'm hoping the Jackal will show up on Thursday and eat up the Seahawks.
regroup, refocus, move on. It's a long season.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,954
I swear it seems as if the 49ers don't win every game by 3 touchdowns with the QB putting up fantasy football numbers most of you are ready to jump off a cliff.

The 49ers were going to lose some games, based on the week-to-week, year-to-year parity that exists. To expect perfection is unrealistic. Tom Brady threw 2 picks yesterday. The Ravens defense is a sieve. The Packers are .500 and the Texans haven't played well for 2 weeks now. The Steelers under .500 and for all the hoopla Manning brought to Denver they are 2-3.

I think disappointment would be a better word, not anger. The disappointment coming from expectation. The bar was already set high, based on how far they went last year. It's obvious teams like the Giants cause match-up problems for the 49ers and these are the type of teams the 49ers are going to have to beat to get to where they want to go. The 49ers have yet to prove that they can adjust when teams take away what they do best; run and throw off the run-action.

Yeah, Moss caught a bomb yesterday and Manningham had a pretty good game, but the 49ers still lack that guy can consistently draw the coverage away from Vernon Davis, realisitically the team's #1 WR.

What you saw yesterday and in week 3 was what the 2011 SF 49ers would look like if the Defense & STs don't provide the week to week consistency, can the offense account for that drop-off against good teams?
[ Edited by FL9er on Oct 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM ]
Originally posted by FL9er:
I swear it seems as if the 49ers don't win every game by 3 touchdowns with the QB putting up fantasy football numbers most of you are ready to jump off a cliff.

The 49ers were going to lose some games, based on the week-to-week, year-to-year parity that exists. To expect perfection is unrealistic. Tom Brady threw 2 picks yesterday. The Ravens defense is a sieve. The Packers are .500 and the Texans haven't played well for 2 weeks now. The Steelers under .500 and for all the hoopla Manning brought to Denver they are 2-3.

I think disappointment would be a better word, not anger. The disappointment coming from expectation. The bar was already set high, based on how far they went last year. It's obvious teams like the Giants cause match-up problems for the 49ers and these are the type of teams the 49ers are going to have to beat to get to where they want to go. The 49ers have yet to prove that they can adjust when teams take away what they do best; run and throw off the run-action.

Yeah, Moss caught a bomb yesterday and Manningham had a pretty good game, but the 49ers still lack that guy can consistently draw the coverage away from Vernon Davis, realisitically the team's #1 WR.

What you saw yesterday and in week 3 was what the 2011 SF 49ers would look like if the Defense & STs don't provide the week to week consistency, can the offense account for that drop-off against good teams?

Great post. The game last week obviously gave some a false sense of superiority. The Giants, who kicked our butt yesterday, are quite well known for having games like the one we had yesterday. Apparently we have some problems that need fixing, in more than one aspect.
I'm not that upset, of course it sucks and I wanted the revenge game just as much as everyone else. Consider this though, how much did it mean come NFC Championship game time last season that we had beat the Giants in the regular season?
Originally posted by FL9er:
I swear it seems as if the 49ers don't win every game by 3 touchdowns with the QB putting up fantasy football numbers most of you are ready to jump off a cliff.

The 49ers were going to lose some games, based on the week-to-week, year-to-year parity that exists. To expect perfection is unrealistic. Tom Brady threw 2 picks yesterday. The Ravens defense is a sieve. The Packers are .500 and the Texans haven't played well for 2 weeks now. The Steelers under .500 and for all the hoopla Manning brought to Denver they are 2-3.

I think disappointment would be a better word, not anger. The disappointment coming from expectation. The bar was already set high, based on how far they went last year. It's obvious teams like the Giants cause match-up problems for the 49ers and these are the type of teams the 49ers are going to have to beat to get to where they want to go. The 49ers have yet to prove that they can adjust when teams take away what they do best; run and throw off the run-action.

Yeah, Moss caught a bomb yesterday and Manningham had a pretty good game, but the 49ers still lack that guy can consistently draw the coverage away from Vernon Davis, realisitically the team's #1 WR.

What you saw yesterday and in week 3 was what the 2011 SF 49ers would look like if the Defense & STs don't provide the week to week consistency, can the offense account for that drop-off against good teams?

Great post.

And we don't know, it's "disappointing" that we didn't even try really. We just ran our same jumbo sets, and didn't really seem to try to push the ball downfield when needed. I was thinking at half, "maybe this is a good thing, we need to be tested" but then we come out and stay with the same game plan. That's what's disappointing, I would have at least like to see us try, even if it turned out worse.
i'm more upset that we have a thursday night game at the worst possible time........... and a divisional game to make things worse.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by FL9er:
I swear it seems as if the 49ers don't win every game by 3 touchdowns with the QB putting up fantasy football numbers most of you are ready to jump off a cliff.

The 49ers were going to lose some games, based on the week-to-week, year-to-year parity that exists. To expect perfection is unrealistic. Tom Brady threw 2 picks yesterday. The Ravens defense is a sieve. The Packers are .500 and the Texans haven't played well for 2 weeks now. The Steelers under .500 and for all the hoopla Manning brought to Denver they are 2-3.

I think disappointment would be a better word, not anger. The disappointment coming from expectation. The bar was already set high, based on how far they went last year. It's obvious teams like the Giants cause match-up problems for the 49ers and these are the type of teams the 49ers are going to have to beat to get to where they want to go. The 49ers have yet to prove that they can adjust when teams take away what they do best; run and throw off the run-action.

Yeah, Moss caught a bomb yesterday and Manningham had a pretty good game, but the 49ers still lack that guy can consistently draw the coverage away from Vernon Davis, realisitically the team's #1 WR.

What you saw yesterday and in week 3 was what the 2011 SF 49ers would look like if the Defense & STs don't provide the week to week consistency, can the offense account for that drop-off against good teams?

Great post.

And we don't know, it's "disappointing" that we didn't even try really. We just ran our same jumbo sets, and didn't really seem to try to push the ball downfield when needed. I was thinking at half, "maybe this is a good thing, we need to be tested" but then we come out and stay with the same game plan. That's what's disappointing, I would have at least like to see us try, even if it turned out worse.
Yeah, I was waiting for us to try and up the tempo with some no huddle, something, to get the offense back in a rhythm.

No more QB shuffling please. That said, it's just one game. We are going to regroup.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i'm more upset that we have a thursday night game at the worst possible time........... and a divisional game to make things worse.

Ahh. We'll be right back on track after that game. This game is more important than this Giants game by far. I think we are far better than the Cardinals. Excited to see how we respond. This is where teams are made. Every great team goes through it. You either curl up in a ball and call it the season, or you stick together and make a positive out of a negative.
Really just tired of the momentum killing play calling. The WildKap thing is being used at the worst possible times, and then really doesn't work with Gore in there anyway.
Just flew in from San Francisco this morning

My voice is jacked from all the yelling.

I took a girlfriend of mine who's never flown or experienced an NFL game and was telling her all these awesome things about the 49ers and their history and how Jim has changed this team alot and we only score 3 points which got her bored but she did admit she was mad that they lost the way they did lol.

Anyway, Once Akers missed those 2 FG's i knew right away it was gonna be ''That kinda game'' I didn't want to jinx it but i knew it was gonna turn out the way it did, The giants covered everyone pretty well, Pressured smith alot while Eli was just walking in the park tossing flowers, Our D-Line didn't look nothing like it did the past few games, Our Secondary just looked so lost out there, Overall it was plain sad.

I'm very annoyed how they are using Randy Moss, There 2-3 plays he burned whoever was covering him waving his hand to get it tossed to em and Alex was looking for Davis & Manningham

Again with this ''Giants reveal blue print on how to stop the 49ers'' Yeah same how Minnesota did and we crushed the next 2 games, NY wanted it more you can see it, I hate to admit it but its true.

We gotta learn from it and hope for the best moving forward.
[ Edited by VDSF on Oct 15, 2012 at 12:27 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
I can tell you one thing, we CLEARLY win as a team and we lose as a team. When we win, we do a stellar job from preparation, to game-planning, in-game adjustments, OL, QB, RB's, front 7, secondary, ST, etc. But man, when we lose, we lose BAD and we lose in every facet as a team, top-to-bottom. I think it's absolutely pointless to blame ONE player in either lose to the Vikings and now Giants.

I asked a serious question recently and I'm still struggling to find an answer myself: Did ONE single player play well Sunday?

On the bright side, we lost badly to the Giants/Vikes, both good/great teams but both teams have collapsed themselves this year and have the same record we have now...4-2. We pounded some other schizophrenic teams in the Packers/Lions. Only the Falcons are consistently winning at 6-0. And to put it into perspective, the team we set an NFL record against last Sunday beat the Cards in AZ in OT.

There is SO much parity in the NFL right now that as a fan, you just can't get too high or too low or you're really setting yourself up for failure. Any given Sunday...for 4 of these "Sunday's" they were all ours; for two, they clearly weren't.

Now, let's take a Thursday and regroup on a high!

well said.
Originally posted by Chrs0049:
I just put a golf ball through my TV. I've waited for this game for 9 months, and this is how we come out. Unreal. Garbage performance. Does anything ever go wrong for New York?

Over a regular season game in week 6?

If youre going to break your TV, at least wait until they lose a playoff game.