There are 201 users in the forums

O-line: All 5 starters grade out in top 5 at their position, Boon and davis ranked 2nd

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Thanks for the excellent post Mac!

Originally posted by NCommand:
Wow, great post! OL analysis is not exactly, "sexy." And when you watch the film on these guys, you start to see some red flags, positives, trends, etc. Good stuff.

Sexy or no, watching the OL assignments is my absolute favorite part of game study.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Wow, great post! OL analysis is not exactly, "sexy." And when you watch the film on these guys, you start to see some red flags, positives, trends, etc. Good stuff.

Sexy or no, watching the OL assignments is my absolute favorite part of game study.

I'm not gonna lie...I love it too. Haha!

Maybe Gore21 (?) tweeted Staley again and told him to get his crap together or he's going to get Alex killed (and he responded). Now he should tweet AD personally.

But it sounds like they ALL finally read your post on blocking all the way THROUGH the whistle...this time, for the first time ever, they did it as a unit. So no doubt, my tweet to them worked. Great job! Haha

Wouldn't have been me. I don't have twitter. But as for through the whistle I agree it's one of the few times they have done it. Many plays alex had an open pocket in front of him. He took 3, 4, 5 seconds on some of the throws and was untouched. That's one of my critiques from the past. Too many times the guys would have a decent block then let go thinking the ball is gone. Alex likes to scramble as well... the play isn't over with him until the whistle has blown. The guys have to start blocking to the whistle. If they do alex will find somebody or take off. I'm not sure if the mindset was hey 3 seconds the ball should be gone I did my job. Side note... notice alex's average on runs for that game... 3 for 49 because the guys held their blocks and alex had a clear path to run and the cbs were down field with their backs to him. Blocking to the whistle helps in pass blocking but also in case of scrambles as well.

We are three very odd fellows...LOL! As hobbies go...

We are three very odd fellows...LOL! As hobbies go...

I can live with that, hehe..
Share 49ersWebzone