There are 276 users in the forums

O-line: All 5 starters grade out in top 5 at their position, Boon and davis ranked 2nd

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by kidash98:
I swear, if this thread turns into an A Smith Thread, I'm banning someone.

whats wrong with Aldon?

He is the most polarizing figure on the 49ers.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If anyone checked my numbers I didn't do coverage sacks because I don't have coach's view. I credited to alex, ol, rb, te, etc who were blocking. Yeah and I agree somewhat with that one over the middle. I think he wanted to go to crabtree but he stumbled (might have been lb bumping him). He pulls it down and then Joe's guy gets him. Still, Joe got beat badly on the play. Ball would have probably been gone but I gave it to Staley but I can see how you can call that one a coverage sack. Like I said I didn't do coverage sacks so my totals are somewhat off.

Edit: and let me bring this up which probably hasn't been talked about much... penalties on OL: That has helped all their ratings. A few false starts.. maybe a couple of holds and a personal foul on anthony. Really has improved over the years. The amount of penalties by them in 4 games is equal to it use to be in 1 game (heck even a half at times)

edit again: I can certainly see how they have Staley at 5... i had 4.5 and .5 to davis, they have 5 and 0. Against GB Matthews blows up play, smith escapes and Anthony who had a good block but then let go and his guy got the sack. I am going back to recheck the one I had for Iupati. Ok, looking at it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=127t-EQxFS4&feature=youtu.be 25:00 a little after....... Iupati got beat... it was about 3 seconds, I can see why they call that coverage or on alex because alex should have dumped it off but Iupati didn't stick with his block and his guy made alex scramble... goodwin's guy finishes him off

36:45, that's the one i have on vernon. the play call wasn't the best with the flea flicker and I don't think anyone was open not that alex really had time to look. However, if VD doesn't get beat Alex has a clear lane to run about 30 yards with cbs running way down the field for a bomb.

39:50, the one I have on L.Davis. Anyone disagree that Leonard is totally at fault for that one. Misses his guy, blows up play... alex scrambles and someone elses guy takes him out.

Nice work and much appreciated!
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Considering that ProFootballFocus is about as an objective analysis site that you'll find, and that Joe Staley is considered a very solid player everywhere but 49erswebzone.com I would assume the latter probably closer to the truth. He can struggle from time to time against guys like Clay Matthews and Jared Allen but there isn't a LT in the NFL right now that can claim otherwise. He's a very reliable LT and we are lucky to have him.

Very much agree here. But in this case, after we have done our own analysis here, the 29th ranking by FO's seems much more accurate in this case. There is something fundamentally wrong with their system if they credit one guy (Staley) as giving up all 5 sacks in 4 games and then rate him as one of the highest rated LT's. That makes NO sense.
This might be the best game our OL has played in a decade plus. 0 Sacks GIVEN UP (NO ANALYZING!!!!) 311 yards rushing, 303 passing. Minus the penalties it was flawless.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM ]
where are they on penalties?

we need to fix this stuff now
7 penalties today! The only negative.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
This might be the best game our OL has played in a decade plus. 0 Sacks GIVEN UP (NO ANALYZING!!!!) 311 yards rushing, 303 passing. Minus the penalties it was flawless.

It was like watching the Patriots. Alex had all day to throw.
best game by the offensive line in a long time.

Isn't buffalo's defense is regarded as one of the best in the NFL?
Really good in pass protection the last 2 weeks.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

On paper in the off season

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

On paper in the off season

Yeah, Mario showed really nothing today. Bills fans can't be happy with him. They paid a crap load of money to sign him.
Originally posted by taney71:
Yeah, Mario showed really nothing today. Bills fans can't be happy with him. They paid a crap load of money to sign him.

I knew it was a mistake.

It reminded me of what the redskins payed hanyesworth. I mean, Mario was talented and not after the money, unlike Hanyesworth; however, teams should pay their own players that much money.
Freaking Sweet.
Originally posted by Nuns:

Thought it was the NO line for awhile.
I knew it was a mistake.

It reminded me of what the redskins payed hanyesworth. I mean, Mario was talented and not after the money, unlike Hanyesworth; however, teams should pay their own players that much money.

Not to kick them while they are down but even before the signing I didn't like that. Or Marc Anderson... it was nice that they finally spent some money and brought some free agents in to give the fans some hope about but you have to have the right front office when spending. They could have had 3-5 good players for the amount they spent on Mario and Marc. Could have got some ILBs, another CB, etc.

Originally posted by Nuns:
Yes, and people have been saying how great the OL has been. Yes, they have been dominant in the run game and pretty good against the pass but this is what I wanted to see. You give Alex time to throw and he will do well. Even when we weren't giving up sacks in the past Alex didn't have a whole lot of times where he had 3 plus seconds. He had to escape. I hope this is the game that the OL finally takes it to the next step. Would love to see more games where Alex has all day back there. And I mentioned this a while back... you don't see many times at all where Alex had time to sit back there like Brees or Brady does. Today he did. And that's part of the reason Brady and Brees are so good. They have time to throw in the pocket and on a few occasions a game they can just stand there for like 5-8 seconds.... eventually someone will get open.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 8, 2012 at 12:31 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone