LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 377 users in the forums

O-line: All 5 starters grade out in top 5 at their position, Boon and davis ranked 2nd

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For 2 straight weeks now, the O-line has given our qb very good pocket times. I thought maybe they are bad defenses, but it has to be partly our guys doing a very good job also. And I think the running game helps.

I think the offense is beginning to emerged. And it starts with the line
Gore21 and Gnnhan7--love those comments! Was shocked at the lack of support for the DLine, not that the 9ers shouldn't get credit but compare our support--DBs coming up, LBs all world and there is a world of difference.

I am looking forward to seeing the 9er/NYG game to see if our line can play this well against a faster DLine with great support. Have they grown enough to dominate good teams? Or will this be a slug fest? Won't likely avoid all sacks but if they can give Smith a bit more time then I will be even more happy next week!
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
For 2 straight weeks now, the O-line has given our qb very good pocket times. I thought maybe they are bad defenses, but it has to be partly our guys doing a very good job also. And I think the running game helps.

I think the offense is beginning to emerged. And it starts with the line

They've been absolutely dominant at times over the last two weeks. There's a lot of high draft picks in that group, so they ought to be good. But it just shows that it takes time for an o-line to gel. At this point, all that talent is starting to come together and they're really functioning as a unit. The run blocking has been tremendous for awhile now, but the pass blocking is starting to show up. Yesterday Alex was able to stand in a clean pocket and survey the field time and time again. When was the last time you saw that?
Originally posted by Lifer:
They've been absolutely dominant at times over the last two weeks. There's a lot of high draft picks in that group, so they ought to be good. But it just shows that it takes time for an o-line to gel. At this point, all that talent is starting to come together and they're really functioning as a unit. The run blocking has been tremendous for awhile now, but the pass blocking is starting to show up. Yesterday Alex was able to stand in a clean pocket and survey the field time and time again. When was the last time you saw that?

So true! I thought they would gel last year and become elite but the RG spot let them down. Now Boone is becoming, perhaps, the best OLineman on the team. Just too good to be true!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

So true! I thought they would gel last year and become elite but the RG spot let them down. Now Boone is becoming, perhaps, the best OLineman on the team. Just too good to be true!

An unrestricted free agent!
Originally posted by English:

Doubt he'll be hard to sign...but who knows! If Snyder can be lured away by big bucks...
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 8, 2012 at 9:57 AM ]
We need to keep this unit together at all cost.....There are going to be some tough decisions made at the end of the season....
The offensive line, with the exception of Goodwin, is one of the reasons I think this team will be good for a long, long time. Young, talented guys who are really coming into their own under some great coaching.

Not to disparage Goodwin, the guy is solid in the middle of the line and has probably helped the young guards a great deal, but he's on the downside of his career and hopefully can develop the next understudy, whomever he is, into the next link in the chain.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
This might be the best game our OL has played in a decade plus. 0 Sacks GIVEN UP (NO ANALYZING!!!!) 311 yards rushing, 303 passing. Minus the penalties it was flawless.

It was like watching the Patriots. Alex had all day to throw.

This 100% agree. I haven't watched it again but man, first glance, it was epic pass protection and run offense. I have NEVER seen Alex have this much time to stand back there and scan. Ever. It was like watching Madden. LOL
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Wow, that's impressive, but if this is true then why is our offense so mediocre? We have a great o-line, good receivers, good RBs, a great TE, and great offensive coaches. What's the problem?

Problem solved

Doubt he'll be hard to sign...but who knows! If Snyder can be lured away by big bucks...

No, I meant that is how we picked him up. Guessing, in view of the problems we have had with previous RGs that Baalke may be reviewing his contract. Unless he has already been re-signed? Can't remember.
No, I meant that is how we picked him up. Guessing, in view of the problems we have had with previous RGs that Baalke may be reviewing his contract. Unless he has already been re-signed? Can't remember.

My bad! Yeah, he was very highly rated until his off field issues mounted up and sunk him in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824dc383/article/niners-reserve-ol-boone-receives-fouryear-extension

Dec 2011.....4 years....

We might have to rework the contract though.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824dc383/article/niners-reserve-ol-boone-receives-fouryear-extension

Dec 2011.....4 years....

Thanks Oakland...speedy and good news to me!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Dec 2011.....4 years....

Thanks.
Share 49ersWebzone