There are 165 users in the forums

Are we overrated?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
are we overreacting?
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
We are the most overrated team in the league.

we might have the most overrated offense in the league though....can't believe some around here (and the media) considered us #1. Then you have Kurt Warner list Alex as the top QB over everyone else.
We we're overrated until we lost to the Vikes, now we're underrated.

A team I think that's overrated is Atlanta, I wanna see how they do in a crap weather game
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

A team I think that's overrated is Atlanta, I wanna see how they do in a crap weather game

i disagree. Atlanta barely gets any love and they're playing GREAT FOOTBALL.
Originally posted by sacniner:
No, we are an elite team. We lost a road game against an underrated team in a hard place to play. We left a lot of opportunities out there. No team wins all 16.

This. Ponder doesnt get much credit. He was overshadowed by Dalton and Newton being so good last year and Gabbert being so horrible. I havnt gotten to watch the game, and I probably wont, but I caught that first drive and Ponder looked good and it set the tone for the game when the scored on 4th and goal on that first drive.
Gotta bounce back next week against Sachez/Tebow though. SHort term memory
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by calbear:
No, this is the most complete team in the NFL that had a bad game and had to travel to the East Coast and play a 10AM body-clock game.

They were amped for us, we were coming off a high. We came out flat and they came out hot. It's very hard to come back from that on the road.

Sometimes a team is not in rhythm and this was one of those days. We played down, and they played perfect. Congrats to them on the win. We will have a better season.
I think that's Houston this season. JJ Watt looks like a young Justin Smith.

Roids

Shawn Merriman was the biggest thing for several years and then................
We ant over rated, the praise was warranted against the Packers and Lions teams. Both were in the playoffs last season and are expected to be in the running again this season.

Maybe the team just over looked these guys with the Jets coming up the following week and playing in that New York market where everything is hyped up to the max. If anything this sets us up to be the under dogs, the team backed into a corner instead of coming into NY with a perfect record giving the Jets that much more of a edge to be the first team to knock us off.

I expect to see some Giants fans there just to rub it in some more.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

i disagree. Atlanta barely gets any love and they're playing GREAT FOOTBALL.
I tend to agree to some extend on Atlanta being overrated, they are playing great football; but they have not faced great opponents.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Its football. Anyone can win or lose on any given day.

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
are we overreacting?

Oh yes!!!!
One thing I will say being a fan since 1990... during the 90s I expected us to just nuke teams. Beat them by 30 points. This team while capable of being a championship team has far less margin for error. Aside from Tampa Bay last year we don't just blow teams out.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Just stop...
Jesus Christ
Originally posted by jrg:
Just stop...

this
Share 49ersWebzone