LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 373 users in the forums

Are we overrated?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by calbear:
Originally posted by bearjew49er:
Not overreacting here. I realize this is only one loss, and it's way early in the season but the thought crossed my mind. I mean I know we're a real good team and almost certainly a playoff team, maybe just not Super Bowl favorites or even deserving of #1 in the power rankings. Just trying to honestly evaluate where the team is at. Hopefully we'll go on a tear from this point forward and be dominate again.

No, this is the most complete team in the NFL that had a bad game and had to travel to the East Coast and play a 10AM body-clock game.

They were amped for us, we were coming off a high. We came out flat and they came out hot. It's very hard to come back from that on the road.

Sometimes a team is not in rhythm and this was one of those days. We played down, and they played perfect. Congrats to them on the win. We will have a better season.

Credit the Vikings, but this does come off as a flukish loss. We will know more after this upcoming week
We have a really good team but there are plenty of them out there. After just losing handedly to a mediocre squad, I'm not making any assumptions after today's showing
No, this is the most complete team in the NFL that had a bad game and had to travel to the East Coast and play a 10AM body-clock game.

They were amped for us, we were coming off a high. We came out flat and they came out hot. It's very hard to come back from that on the road.

Sometimes a team is not in rhythm and this was one of those days. We played down, and they played perfect. Congrats to them on the win. We will have a better season.
I think that's Houston this season. JJ Watt looks like a young Justin Smith.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Roids
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Roids

nah, that's Brian Cushing.
Roids

nah, that's Brian Cushing.

So that's his supplier

Watt is playing with a bionic arm
I'll tell ya what's overrated... A Jewish Bear is highly overrated
I think the Texans, Falcons, and Ravens are more complete teams than we are...

they are able to throw the ball down field consistently in their games. We haven't shown that ability yet, especially when we needed some big plays....like today.

I think all three have QBs who more of a threat than our starter...all three have above average running games. And defenses as well.

anyway, we'll see how we bounce back next week...but also see if those other teams can keep it up.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM ]

I feel there's a huge misconception anymore when it comes to the 'most complete team' winning the Superbowl. -The only teams that win the Superbowl start getting hot towards the final 3 weeks of the season (after sucking the majority of it), and carry the momentum into the wildcard round (Steelers, Packers, Giants).

Texans & Falcons are the best (if not most complete) teams in the NFL right now, but I'll bet every penny in my pocket that neither will win the Superbowl this year. 49ers are good, but not good enough to get a bye week again this season, but this will be a blessing in disguise.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM ]
I think the talk of how deep we are is overrated.

are you overreacting??? yes.
yes we are

doesn't mean we cant go 13-3 though
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I feel there's a huge misconception anymore when it comes to the 'most complete team' winning the Superbowl. -The only teams that win the Superbowl start getting hot towards the final 3 weeks of the season (after sucking the majority of it), and carry the momentum into the wildcard round (Steelers, Packers, Giants).

Texans & Falcons are the best (if not most complete) teams in the NFL right now, but I'll bet every penny in my pocket that neither will win the Superbowl this year. 49ers are good, but not good enough to get a bye week again this season, but this will be a blessing in disguise.

Most of the time the 14-2 team is the team that passes every play and can't play a lick of defense. They get off to the hot start but as the season goes along things get colder and tougher and their holes become more and more apparent. They then get knocked by the more complete team with great qb play and more importantly a solid defense.

Atlanta and Houston are complete football teams.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 24, 2012 at 12:42 AM ]
We are the most overrated team in the league.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Get back to me after the Jets game.

2-2

ouch
Share 49ersWebzone