LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 209 users in the forums

Are we overrated?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by obx49:
Yes, 13-3 and reaching the NFCCG last season and beating two of the best offenses in the league this season was all luck. No man, this was just a trap game it happens to every good team. Can't expect to go undefeated in such a talent rich league.

This. Remember last year, they were 2-0, and along comes the trap game of dallas. The Niners went on a winning spree after that wakeup call, and showed what they are made of.
We will be fine, quit overreacting. We lost to a much less talented team that was fired up while we came out flat. I have never seen so many posts with names I never see in ninertalk posting like armageddon is upon us.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
yes, we suxorz
We are not over rated but let's not expect our Defense to be as high in the turnover ratio as last year. The Offense will be required to help this year.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We are not over rated but let's not expect our Defense to be as high in the turnover ratio as last year. The Offense will be required to help this year.

The defense will have to get off the feild every once in awhile, three 11 plus play drives of 65 plus yards averaging almost 7 minutes each is not gonna get it done.
Cardinals and Seahawks are overrated.
yes
I think we are overrated. Dont take me wrong, I've been a fan for 40 yrs. since I lived in daly City, and will continue to do so., But, teams still can pass on us, still can sack our QB's, O-Line still not 100%, and mobile QB's along w/ athletic TE's is the defenses weak link..I hope the Vikes didnt expose us, but in the very least they did give a blueprint to beat us...Elite defenses dont let the likes of Christian Ponder and Joe Rudolph assasinate them on national tv, do you think Ravens, Pitt, or Texans would have allowed this ???
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Sep 24, 2012 at 9:07 AM ]
No we aren't over-rated BUT it was a good wake-up call.
Tell the Minnesota Vikings Thank You for kicking our tails.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Yes, we will finish the season 2-14

0-14.

the Lions and Packers beat themselves.
Every team is some what overrated in today's' world of crowning teams after only 2 weeks into a season. i thought they would be 10-6
[ Edited by lamontb on Sep 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM ]
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
I'll tell ya what's overrated... A Jewish Bear is highly overrated

Can still eat a HoneyBadger.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Yes, we will finish the season 2-14

0-14.

the Lions and Packers beat themselves.
after we lost two last year late in the year, lots of people and they are probably here today, screamed and slashed thier wrists.We then responded well. we always seem to play well when people least expect it like the opener in green bay. we are not over rated but when you play with no emotion as a team and the coaches get outcoached you will get beat. I do not believe in losing in order to learn but if you do not learn from a loss its a double negative
Originally posted by cciowa:
after we lost two last year late in the year, lots of people and they are probably here today, screamed and slashed thier wrists.We then responded well. we always seem to play well when people least expect it like the opener in green bay. we are not over rated but when you play with no emotion as a team and the coaches get outcoached you will get beat. I do not believe in losing in order to learn but if you do not learn from a loss its a double negative

I agree. I just hope it isnt a trend
Share 49ersWebzone