There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sign Bowman Now $$$$$$

Originally posted by SofaKing:
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

Pro Football Talk just posted new salary cap information to start the regular season, and our San Francisco 49ers sit at the bottom of the list with $880,000 in room. Once the NFL regular season gets started, the salary cap calculations count the entire roster, practice squad and players on reserve lists. Prior to that the league looks at the Top 51 players. We still have time to start thinking about transactions next offseason, but some of the pertinent names that will be up for a new contract include Isaac Sopoaga, Ricky Jean-Francois, Dashon Goldson, Delanie Walker, Randy Moss, Brandon Jacobs, Ted Ginn Jr., Tramaine Brock and Tavares Gooden. The 49ers front office has likely already begun the evaluation process to figure out who they will offer contracts to, who they will wait on to see what the market dictates, and who they will let walk without an offer.

It is also worth noting that guys like Parys Haralson could move on to the chopping block before next season. If the 49ers feel comfortable with Aldon Smith's transition at OLB, as well as their potential depth at the position, I have to think the team will part ways with Haralson. He is owed a $2.57 million base salary next year (per Rotoworld), and I just can't see the team keeping that around. At the very least, we would see a renegotiation if the veteran does want to stick around.

http://www.ninersnation.com/section/49ers-salary-cap
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

Pro Football Talk just posted new salary cap information to start the regular season, and our San Francisco 49ers sit at the bottom of the list with $880,000 in room. Once the NFL regular season gets started, the salary cap calculations count the entire roster, practice squad and players on reserve lists. Prior to that the league looks at the Top 51 players. We still have time to start thinking about transactions next offseason, but some of the pertinent names that will be up for a new contract include Isaac Sopoaga, Ricky Jean-Francois, Dashon Goldson, Delanie Walker, Randy Moss, Brandon Jacobs, Ted Ginn Jr., Tramaine Brock and Tavares Gooden. The 49ers front office has likely already begun the evaluation process to figure out who they will offer contracts to, who they will wait on to see what the market dictates, and who they will let walk without an offer.

It is also worth noting that guys like Parys Haralson could move on to the chopping block before next season. If the 49ers feel comfortable with Aldon Smith's transition at OLB, as well as their potential depth at the position, I have to think the team will part ways with Haralson. He is owed a $2.57 million base salary next year (per Rotoworld), and I just can't see the team keeping that around. At the very least, we would see a renegotiation if the veteran does want to stick around.

http://www.ninersnation.com/section/49ers-salary-cap

It's all good. He won't be a FA until 2014, and after that we have the franchise tag. He really does deserve an extension before that. Hopefully it's during the off-season. Either way, He's gonna be a Niner for a long time.
do it next year.
Bowman is better than Willis. Even take out the all important INT he had and Bowman outperformed Willis
[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Sep 10, 2012 at 12:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Bowman is better than Willis. Even take out the all important INT he had and Bowman outperformed Willis

, Thinking not sr. Sure Bowman had a great game. Over all Willis is still better in my eyes... During Willis's senior season at Ole Miss, he received the Butkus Award and the Jack Lambert Award as the nation's top linebacker. A year later as a member of the 49ers, Willis led the NFL in tackles, earned first-team All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors while being named the 2007 AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. Willis has earned Pro Bowl and All-Pro honors in all five years he has played in the NFL. He is the only player to receive the Butkus Award for best linebacker in more than one category. He won the college Butkus Award in 2006 while at Ole Miss and in 2009, he won the professional Butkus Award while with the San Francisco 49ers.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

, Thinking not sr. Sure Bowman had a great game. Over all Willis is still better in my eyes... During Willis's senior season at Ole Miss, he received the Butkus Award and the Jack Lambert Award as the nation's top linebacker. A year later as a member of the 49ers, Willis led the NFL in tackles, earned first-team All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors while being named the 2007 AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. Willis has earned Pro Bowl and All-Pro honors in all five years he has played in the NFL. He is the only player to receive the Butkus Award for best linebacker in more than one category. He won the college Butkus Award in 2006 while at Ole Miss and in 2009, he won the professional Butkus Award while with the San Francisco 49ers.

Did you copy and paste a whole paragraph on Willis from the 49ers website or something? Don't get me wrong, Willis is still very good, but I thought Bowman was better than Willis last season and Bowman certainly outperformed Willis today. Willis is great but Bowman has been greater lately
[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Sep 10, 2012 at 1:36 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Can we afford to pay two linebackers big money. Just saying.
What's the big fuss about, Bowman is entering super-stardom. The 49ers move to Santa Clara in two years, a new stadium with hundreds of millions of dollars in seating rights,TV revenue, merchandising fees, and most importantly a Super Bowl winning team. Patrick and Navarro will be together for years to come.
Bro-man
Just read in San Jose Mercury News the Niners have sold 670 million dollars in seating and luxury suites. Bowman is not going anywhere.
Did you copy and paste a whole paragraph on Willis from the 49ers website or something? Don't get me wrong, Willis is still very good, but I thought Bowman was better than Willis last season and Bowman certainly outperformed Willis today. Willis is great but Bowman has been greater lately
I think all the talk about who's better between Willis or Bowman, to me, is pointless. I know this is just fan-speak but it don't really matter who's better. They both will be 9ers for years to come. Bowman will get extended, book it, even if some players have to re-structure their contracts. In fact, I predict players are going to voluntarily submit themselves for contract re-structure to keep key players like Bowman if it come to that. This is a special team with very high character team-1st players. We have something very special here, so one way or another our key players will be extended.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I think all the talk about who's better between Willis or Bowman, to me, is pointless. I know this is just fan-speak but it don't really matter who's better. They both will be 9ers for years to come. Bowman will get extended, book it, even if some players have to re-structure their contracts. In fact, I predict players are going to voluntarily submit themselves for contract re-structure to keep key players like Bowman if it come to that. This is a special team with very high character team-1st players. We have something very special here, so one way or another our key players will be extended.

I think Willis would be the first to raise his hand, especially since his cap hit is at least twice more than anyone else on this team (17 mil this year).
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

I think it's more teams are game planning against Willis, as most plays seem to go the way of Bowman. Both are excellent players so I don't know why people feel the urge to say one is better than the other. With Bowman playing at this level, teams will start game planning against both of them..
Originally posted by mayo49:
Can we afford to pay two linebackers big money. Just saying.

When they are this good, of course the Niners can.