There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Originally posted by Gore_21:
I am not disappointed and don't worry about what the media or experts think. I just was pointing it out because someone mentioned bruschi saying we would get killed. I follow this team enough that I don't need the media's opinion. Maybe when I was a little kid and there was no internet to follow the team. Now that you can follow your team daily I don't need an experts opinion when they hardly study the team. The pre and post game shows, analysis, espn, nfln, broadcasters are pretty much catered to the casual fan who doesn't know anything about the game. Not saying avid fans can't learn stuff from them but most of the time they will tell you something you already know or other times give you general stereotypes. I am sure a lot of you feel the same way about the media.

Edit: Did anyone see Clark Haggans on the field today? We played so much nickel, dime, quarter and dollar defense I'm thinking the only OLB that saw the field were Ahmad and Aldon.

According to one of the Matt's haggans did not play at all
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I am not disappointed and don't worry about what the media or experts think. I just was pointing it out because someone mentioned bruschi saying we would get killed. I follow this team enough that I don't need the media's opinion. Maybe when I was a little kid and there was no internet to follow the team. Now that you can follow your team daily I don't need an experts opinion when they hardly study the team. The pre and post game shows, analysis, espn, nfln, broadcasters are pretty much catered to the casual fan who doesn't know anything about the game. Not saying avid fans can't learn stuff from them but most of the time they will tell you something you already know or other times give you general stereotypes. I am sure a lot of you feel the same way about the media.

Edit: Did anyone see Clark Haggans on the field today? We played so much nickel, dime, quarter and dollar defense I'm thinking the only OLB that saw the field were Ahmad and Aldon.

According to one of the Matt's haggans did not play at all

The Niners played just 4 snaps with their base defense. That probably had something to do with it.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Here's another one to laugh at:

"The 49ers knew the Packers couldn't run worth anything — like, "Cedric Benson, get the ball and fall down." Because the Packers couldn't run, the Niners committed football heresy. They often took Patrick Willis out of the game — Patrick Freaking Willis? — so they could beef up their pass coverage. They played their dime package, six defensive backs. And that meant the field was clogged with DBs, and that blew Rodgers' mind."

Lowell Cohn
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20120909/sports/120909615

Originally posted by mkmasn:
Here's another one to laugh at:

"The 49ers knew the Packers couldn't run worth anything — like, "Cedric Benson, get the ball and fall down." Because the Packers couldn't run, the Niners committed football heresy. They often took Patrick Willis out of the game — Patrick Freaking Willis? — so they could beef up their pass coverage. They played their dime package, six defensive backs. And that meant the field was clogged with DBs, and that blew Rodgers' mind."

Lowell Cohn
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20120909/sports/120909615


another gem from dickface
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The Niners played just 4 snaps with their base defense. That probably had something to do with it.

Yep, thanks for the response aloha. Side note... seen mcbath out there a little bit... he's 28 now
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Here's another one to laugh at:

"The 49ers knew the Packers couldn't run worth anything — like, "Cedric Benson, get the ball and fall down." Because the Packers couldn't run, the Niners committed football heresy. They often took Patrick Willis out of the game — Patrick Freaking Willis? — so they could beef up their pass coverage. They played their dime package, six defensive backs. And that meant the field was clogged with DBs, and that blew Rodgers' mind."

Lowell Cohn
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20120909/sports/120909615

Not trying to PREACH - and this is just my .02 ¢ - but would you knowingly poison
your body with TOXIC foods. Well, reading this Hack, is akin to the above for your brain.
Lowell Cohn as usual, spewing the Same ole Shizzle since the '80's.

anyone got a highlight vid of kyle williams return to set up the fg? i missed that part. thanks
The thing that really stood out to me today was how ordinary our D made the Packers offense look. At no point during the game was I worried about Rodgers, Nelson, Jennings, or anyone else. We had them on lockdown. I'll take this D over any one-dimensional passing team every day of the week.

Bring on the Lions, they're toast.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM ]
Awesome Game, Bummed that the refs picked up the flag on the block in the back on Dixon on that punt return TD. Also was shocked at the defensive series that ended in the TD where we only rushed 3 every time. Such an awesome game. Really Happy over all.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The thing that really stood out to me today was how ordinary our D made the Packers offense look. At no point during the game was I worried about Rodgers, Nelson, Jennings, or anyone else. We had them on lockdown. I'll take this D over any one-dimensional passing team every day of the week.

Bring on the Lions, they're toast.

Yup. Our offense looked better when we were actually being aggressive and not in our conservative time running mode
Wow! What a night in GB! Had a blast and led a few "whose got it better than us "I chants after the win! Great job boys!!!!!!
Originally posted by Gore_21:


The first 'whos go it better than us!!!' for the season it was worth the wait!
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Here's another one to laugh at:

"The 49ers knew the Packers couldn't run worth anything — like, "Cedric Benson, get the ball and fall down." Because the Packers couldn't run, the Niners committed football heresy. They often took Patrick Willis out of the game — Patrick Freaking Willis? — so they could beef up their pass coverage. They played their dime package, six defensive backs. And that meant the field was clogged with DBs, and that blew Rodgers' mind."

Lowell Cohn
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20120909/sports/120909615


This one was actually spot on... Not a fan of either Cohn, heck, I like reading Grant to make snide comments on his blog, but this one actually praised the niners.
^
We pretty much dominated this game and the score doesn't indicate that because of that garbage ca ll on thst return by cobb. We won anyhow in Lambeau. C'mon Lions it's your turn next sunday night with all of America watching.