There are 196 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The Niners played just 4 snaps with their base defense. That probably had something to do with it.

Yep, thanks for the response aloha. Side note... seen mcbath out there a little bit... he's 28 now
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Here's another one to laugh at:

"The 49ers knew the Packers couldn't run worth anything — like, "Cedric Benson, get the ball and fall down." Because the Packers couldn't run, the Niners committed football heresy. They often took Patrick Willis out of the game — Patrick Freaking Willis? — so they could beef up their pass coverage. They played their dime package, six defensive backs. And that meant the field was clogged with DBs, and that blew Rodgers' mind."

Lowell Cohn
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20120909/sports/120909615

Not trying to PREACH - and this is just my .02 ¢ - but would you knowingly poison
your body with TOXIC foods. Well, reading this Hack, is akin to the above for your brain.
Lowell Cohn as usual, spewing the Same ole Shizzle since the '80's.

anyone got a highlight vid of kyle williams return to set up the fg? i missed that part. thanks
The thing that really stood out to me today was how ordinary our D made the Packers offense look. At no point during the game was I worried about Rodgers, Nelson, Jennings, or anyone else. We had them on lockdown. I'll take this D over any one-dimensional passing team every day of the week.

Bring on the Lions, they're toast.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Awesome Game, Bummed that the refs picked up the flag on the block in the back on Dixon on that punt return TD. Also was shocked at the defensive series that ended in the TD where we only rushed 3 every time. Such an awesome game. Really Happy over all.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The thing that really stood out to me today was how ordinary our D made the Packers offense look. At no point during the game was I worried about Rodgers, Nelson, Jennings, or anyone else. We had them on lockdown. I'll take this D over any one-dimensional passing team every day of the week.

Bring on the Lions, they're toast.

Yup. Our offense looked better when we were actually being aggressive and not in our conservative time running mode
Wow! What a night in GB! Had a blast and led a few "whose got it better than us "I chants after the win! Great job boys!!!!!!
Originally posted by Gore_21:

The first 'whos go it better than us!!!' for the season it was worth the wait!
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Here's another one to laugh at:

"The 49ers knew the Packers couldn't run worth anything — like, "Cedric Benson, get the ball and fall down." Because the Packers couldn't run, the Niners committed football heresy. They often took Patrick Willis out of the game — Patrick Freaking Willis? — so they could beef up their pass coverage. They played their dime package, six defensive backs. And that meant the field was clogged with DBs, and that blew Rodgers' mind."

Lowell Cohn
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20120909/sports/120909615

This one was actually spot on... Not a fan of either Cohn, heck, I like reading Grant to make snide comments on his blog, but this one actually praised the niners.
^

We pretty much dominated this game and the score doesn't indicate that because of that garbage ca ll on thst return by cobb. We won anyhow in Lambeau. C'mon Lions it's your turn next sunday night with all of America watching.
such a satisfying victory, born in 1987 i have hated green bay and brett favre my entire life. not my childhood hero steve young or jeff garcia but alex smith beating them in lambeau against the guy who hes been compared to since draft day makes it that much sweeter. awesome win and an infinite confidence boost for smitty which will translate into a more aggressive approach i would think
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

The first 'whos go it better than us!!!' for the season it was worth the wait!

That was fierce! "You know the question!"
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Score was a lot closer than it should have been.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship.
Share 49ersWebzone