LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GameOver:
Anyone know where I can watch the whole game? I was on plane and missed all of it...

will probably be on NFL replay
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
We have a f**kin' good team...
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Anyone know where I can watch the whole game? I was on plane and missed all of it...

will probably be on NFL replay

x2 that game was awesome
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
We have a f**kin' great team...

Look at the analysts record this week. They are no better than the average fan. Everybody on CBS sports picked GB. Everybody on NFL playbook (3 guys), brushci and schlereth, 11 out of the 14 on espn but schlereth was one....

So thats 0-9 cbs, 3-11 espn, 0-3 nfln playbook, 0-1 with bruschi = 3-24... they werent much better on the other games. I think it was 25 wrong 0 write for the cowboys game
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks/_/week/1/seasontype/2

and they were all dang near wrong on the lions and eagles games. Why do they bother... it's no different than an average fan going down the list and picking the favorites.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
We have a f**kin' good team...

Yeah, we do. Let's keep it rolling.
A lot of the analysts dont know:

-Harbaugh doesnt give a @^&@ about the pre-season.

-Alex Smith has become a solid QB under Harbaugh and will surprise people this year.

-We are legit
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Look at the analysts record this week. They are no better than the average fan. Everybody on CBS sports picked GB. Everybody on NFL playbook (3 guys), brushci and schlereth, 11 out of the 14 on espn but schlereth was one....

So thats 0-9 cbs, 3-11 espn, 0-3 nfln playbook, 0-1 with bruschi = 3-24... they werent much better on the other games. I think it was 25 wrong 0 write for the cowboys game

and they were all dang near wrong on the lions and eagles games. Why do they bother... it's no different than an average fan going down the list and picking the favorites.

Why wouldn't they have picked Green Bay? In the entire year of 2011, the Green Bay Packers trailed in a game for a total of 2 min. They were 15-1, and averaged 40 points at home.

You have to realize just how unbelievably epic this game actually was. This was the hardest game of the year by far and we almost made it look easy for a while there.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Why wouldn't they have picked Green Bay? In the entire year of 2011, the Green Bay Packers trailed in a game for a total of 2 min. They were 15-1, and averaged 40 points at home.

You have to realize just how unbelievably epic this game actually was. This was the hardest game of the year by far and we almost made it look easy for a while there.

I agree. Green Bay was definitely the favorite in this game no matter how well we matched up. Analysists, for the most part, go with the favorite. Occasionally, they'll be homer and pick "their" team or think they found a sleeper team for the week.

Then again, don't be disappointed. Harbaugh and co like flying under the radar. I hope they all pick Detroit next week too.

Awesome game from start to finish. Next Sunday can't get here soon enough. Lions are getting dropped

Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Bruski (sp) picked the Packers to blow out the Niners on NFL live. Schlereth picked the Packers also. They both said they are not even going to try running the ball they're just going to spread us out the whole game.

None of these guys have any insight whatsoever. Analysts have been saying that since the schedule came out.

I caught that as well. Said Finley will just run down the middle of the field, drawing both safeties, leaving easy chances for the WRs to blow out the Niners.

Haha, f**k you Bruschi!

These guys don't know a f**king thing. It's like they're sitting in a chair and ask a producer, "so who am I picking today?" Just make sure your makeup insnt smeared you tools. Money for nothing. What a racket.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
still no love from the media huh

Akers made NUMBA 1, on Deion' "Let's Go Primetime"

Originally posted by ElDannMann:

I agree. Green Bay was definitely the favorite in this game no matter how well we matched up. Analysists, for the most part, go with the favorite. Occasionally, they'll be homer and pick "their" team or think they found a sleeper team for the week.

Then again, don't be disappointed. Harbaugh and co like flying under the radar. I hope they all pick Detroit next week too.

No way. Not after what we just did. Everybody is picking us next week. We just did the amazing. There is nothing amazing about winning at home against a lesser opponent.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

I don't necessarily agree... Aside from playing in Green Bay, I thought we had the upper hand on paper. Out of 11 defenders, only 3 are playmakers. They still don't matchup with our offense. Our defense no doubt looked liked they matched up quite nicely with their offense on paper. There was no way they could block our front seven which let our secondary clamp down and basically nullify Aaron Rodgers' play style.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
I don't necessarily agree... Aside from playing in Green Bay, I thought we had the upper hand on paper. Out of 11 defenders, only 3 are playmakers. They still don't matchup with our offense. Our defense no doubt looked liked they matched up quite nicely with their offense on paper. There was no way they could block our front seven which let our secondary clamp down and basically nullify Aaron Rodgers' play style.

I thought we had a better chance than what the pundits were saying as well. Thing is, they only think of Green Bay going 15-1 last year, and us going 13-3 on a "weak" schedule because we play in the NFC West.

No way do I agree with the pundits, but I do understand their "picks". Hopefully I said that right.
Share 49ersWebzone