LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
After just about every "expert" picked Green BAy, don't you wish there was a eat crow show on mondays!

Kinda do... but I really don't even watch the talking heads.. regardless of a win or loss. Rather spend the time reviewing the games to form my own opinions.. rather than listen to people that do a quick summation based off of a stat sheet.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Niners 30-21

Never was any good at picking scores but holy sh*t to myself. Forgotten all about it until now....
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 10, 2012 at 7:02 AM ]
Originally posted by diablo:
A lot of the analysts dont know:

-Harbaugh doesnt give a @^&@ about the pre-season.

-Alex Smith has become a solid QB under Harbaugh and will surprise people this year.

-We are legit

I am one of those who is like totally stoked that Al Smith looked like a real, honest to goodness NFL QB.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
After just about every "expert" picked Green BAy, don't you wish there was a eat crow show on mondays!

Sadly, many of the shows have been talking about the problems of GB as if losing to the 9ers demonstrated they just weren't as good as they use to be. Mentioned the niners looked OK, great D, but only a couple really pegged just how good SF is.

Didn't see Jamie Dukes yet...
Anybody have the GIF of Harbaugh so angry on the sideline he's drooling?! That was complete awesomeness.
Speaking of GIFs, someone's gotta do one of VD's slam dunk FAIL after TD.

Great win for Niners, was closer than it should've been, stupid missed block in back on Dixon and refs reviewed the WRONG one! But good job to Bowman's INT and Gore's TD run that gave us the momentum back.

Anyone get a little nervous on Mathew's jumping tackle on Smith (wasn't a penalty, but I'll take it since GB got a gift TD)? That reminded me of when Smith was injured and lost for the season vs. Seattle, luckily he was okay.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Speaking of GIFs, someone's gotta do one of VD's slam dunk FAIL after TD.

Great win for Niners, was closer than it should've been, stupid missed block in back on Dixon and refs reviewed the WRONG one! But good job to Bowman's INT and Gore's TD run that gave us the momentum back.

Anyone get a little nervous on Mathew's jumping tackle on Smith (wasn't a penalty, but I'll take it since GB got a gift TD)? That reminded me of when Smith was injured and lost for the season vs. Seattle, luckily he was okay.

nah... big difference in Mathews' weight coming down on Alex vs DT Rocky Bernard's... drove him into the ground sideways.. right on that throwing shoulder. I liked the call. Defenders pouncing and driving all of their weight on QBs is frowned upon.
According to Jarrett Bush, we didn't really beat the Packers, they just beat themselves.
No backsliding this year, gentlemen, this was the hardest game of the season and we were blowing them out until the refs started counting to potato.

Don't see how any other team except maybe the Pats present as strong a challenge as the Packers with Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. First time since 1990 we beat em there.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
According to Jarrett Bush, we didn't really beat the Packers, they just beat themselves.

Lmao

I think I heard a lot of that talk last year as well.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000060381/article/packers-jarrett-bush-says-49ers-really-didnt-beat-us link to article lmao

Alex Smith was essentially flawless. Frank Gore ran wild through the Packers defense. Late in theGreen Bay Packers' loss to the San Francisco 49ers, we thought the Packers were lucky just to be in the game.

Lombardi: For better or worse?
Michael Lombardipredicts whether each team will exceed or fall short of its regular-season record from 2011. More ...

The Packers feel differently.

"We beat ourselves. They really didn't beat us," cornerbackJarrett Bush said after the game, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "We just have to hunker down and make sure we're gap sound and get on the same page. Obviously, small things being miscommunicated on the field become big things, so they exploited us and that's what happened."

Oh boy. If any of this sounds familiar, let's replay some comments from Clay Matthews this offseason about Green Bay's playoff loss to the New York Giants.

"The fact is, (the Giants) didn't beat us; we beat ourselves," Matthews told Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports.

Give us a break. The Giants and 49ers pushed the Packers around. Green Bay has lost three of its last four games. Their defense was generally awful for all of last season.

We're starting to think Green Bay's attitude that no team can actually beat them is part of the problem.

text for those who cant/wont click lol

god they sound ridiculous
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 10, 2012 at 8:20 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Score was a lot closer than it should have been.

You can thank the refs for that.
I always think the bad calls even out. But I cannot believe how bad these refs are. I realize the pro game is faster that what they are used to but they are slow to make calls. I was watching Broncos-Steelers and flags for false starts were coming out after the plays were over sometimes. Manning did a quick snap and threw deep when Pittsburgh had 12 men on the field, but the refs missed it, the pass was incomplete. Seems like defensive backs are butchering receivers and getting away with it, then getting called for pass interference for breathing on a receiver the next time. I don't get it if the refs are really locked out for what amounts to $6,000 a game out of the owner's pockets. The players cost them like $8 million a game, what is an extra $6k?
Originally posted by sfout:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000060381/article/packers-jarrett-bush-says-49ers-really-didnt-beat-us link to article lmao

<blockquote class="quote"><div>Quote:</div>Alex Smith was essentially flawless. Frank Gore ran wild through the Packers defense. Late in theGreen Bay Packers' loss to the San Francisco 49ers, we thought the Packers were lucky just to be in the game.

Lombardi: For better or worse?
Michael Lombardipredicts whether each team will exceed or fall short of its regular-season record from 2011. More ...

The Packers feel differently.

"We beat ourselves. They really didn't beat us," cornerbackJarrett Bush said after the game, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "We just have to hunker down and make sure we're gap sound and get on the same page. Obviously, small things being miscommunicated on the field become big things, so they exploited us and that's what happened."

Oh boy. If any of this sounds familiar, let's replay some comments from Clay Matthews this offseason about Green Bay's playoff loss to the New York Giants.

"The fact is, (the Giants) didn't beat us; we beat ourselves," Matthews told Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports.

Give us a break. The Giants and 49ers pushed the Packers around. Green Bay has lost three of its last four games. Their defense was generally awful for all of last season.

We're starting to think Green Bay's attitude that no team can actually beat them is part of the problem.

text for those who cant/wont click lol

god they sound ridiculous
I couldn't believe that came NFL. I had to double check the author.

I laughed and then I high fived my wife.

We have arrived my friends.
[ Edited by SealTeam6 on Sep 10, 2012 at 8:36 AM ]
I reminded everyone to watch these two things in order for us to win:
1) Gains on first down had to be 4+ yards - the only time our drives stalled last night was when this didn't happen (we were TREMENDOUS on first down esp, with the pass). Alex probably only had 1or 2 incomplete passes all game long to couple with fantastic balance of running n the 2nd half and wearing their DL down
2) Pass protection straight up with 5 OL WITHOUT having to use max/jumbo packages to ensure we have the most receiving options on the field. Staley got abused 1on1 and we were very lucky Alex didn't fumble a couple of those hits/sacks BUT, the rest of the OL held up and you could SEE all the receiving options we had (and took advantage of). I haven't pulled out the stop watch but it seemed like Alex had at least 3 seconds on most passing plays.

Absolutely, a team win. Monster props...
Share 49ersWebzone