LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Editorialist Florio on Manning and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
All things considered (including Alex's lack of greed), I think the money he is getting is fair right now. It helps out the team, and Alex has always been the good lil soldier. If we are to go off of your logic, then the money says Alex is the 2nd best player on the team... and not even I think that.

I know your old so Im say it so you hear me.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HIS RANK ON THE TEAM IS AS FAR AS MONEY. YOU HAVE TO JUDGE HIM BY OTHER QB'S SALARIES AROUND THE NFL.

This not a Alex thread oldman

Sus was the one who originally brought Alex into the discussion like he always does. He can turn a thread about Andy Lee into an Alex thread. He's quite talented you know.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
All things considered (including Alex's lack of greed), I think the money he is getting is fair right now. It helps out the team, and Alex has always been the good lil soldier. If we are to go off of your logic, then the money says Alex is the 2nd best player on the team... and not even I think that.

I know your old so Im say it so you hear me.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HIS RANK ON THE TEAM IS AS FAR AS MONEY. YOU HAVE TO JUDGE HIM BY OTHER QB'S SALARIES AROUND THE NFL.

This not a Alex thread oldman

Sus was the one who originally brought Alex into the discussion like he always does. He can turn a thread about Andy Lee into an Alex thread. He's quite talented you know.

Lol

AS vs Manning tomorrow !
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by tmpluff:
I also have been wondering if Harbs liked what he saw when he "evaluated" Manning? I mean why else wouldn't we have offered a contract? and SO far in the Pre-season, Manning has 3 picks and 0 td's, altho not spectacular Smith has 0 picks and a td pass. Not saying I'd rather have Smith than Manning, I'm saying maybe Harbs wasn't as impressed with Manning as he thought he would be when he flew down to watch!

if the 49ers gave no contract/numbers/ballpark figures to manning, then why were we in play until the final minutes of mannings decision? simple, because numbers were indeed discussed

You dont go into the Louis Vuitton store expecting to buy something for $20. They knew what the going rate was otherwise Payton wouldn't even wasted his time with doing a workout for them.

Well if you need a car and you're expecting to see a Mustang and a Chevy Cavelier is whats presented, do you spend as much for it as a Mustang?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I also have been wondering if Harbs liked what he saw when he "evaluated" Manning? I mean why else wouldn't we have offered a contract? and SO far in the Pre-season, Manning has 3 picks and 0 td's, altho not spectacular Smith has 0 picks and a td pass. Not saying I'd rather have Smith than Manning, I'm saying maybe Harbs wasn't as impressed with Manning as he thought he would be when he flew down to watch!

if the 49ers gave no contract/numbers/ballpark figures to manning, then why were we in play until the final minutes of mannings decision? simple, because numbers were indeed discussed

You dont go into the Louis Vuitton store expecting to buy something for $20. They knew what the going rate was otherwise Payton wouldn't even wasted his time with doing a workout for them.

Well if you need a car and you're expecting to see a Mustang and a Chevy Cavelier is whats presented, do you spend as much for it as a Mustang?

No you keep on shopping until find a Mustang, and then if you dont qualify for the Mustang then you settle for the Cavelier..
Hey dont get mad at me because 31 other GMs had no interest in Alex. Niners were ready to give Peyton whatever he wanted and were waiting for his decision. If they weren't then they could have said we have no interest Peyton and Alex is our guy. But that didnt happen they left alex twisting in the wind while they wined and dined Peyton.

We were going to give Peyton whatever he wanted? Ya ok . You obviously haven't been paying attention to what Baalke has done.

I've said my bit in this thread, and then some. I'm done.

I'll leave you with this:

Alex Smith is the qb for the 49ers. Peyton Manning is not.

Well no s**t Sherlock. As I said before after Manning rejected the niners they gave Alex a contract (a measly one by NFL QB standards) and he came back.

9ers did not take their name out of the hat of finalist.

/thread

who gives a sh@t

/thread
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Hey dont get mad at me because 31 other GMs had no interest in Alex. Niners were ready to give Peyton whatever he wanted and were waiting for his decision. If they weren't then they could have said we have no interest Peyton and Alex is our guy. But that didnt happen they left alex twisting in the wind while they wined and dined Peyton.

We were going to give Peyton whatever he wanted? Ya ok . You obviously haven't been paying attention to what Baalke has done.

I've said my bit in this thread, and then some. I'm done.

I'll leave you with this:

Alex Smith is the qb for the 49ers. Peyton Manning is not.

Well no s**t Sherlock. As I said before after Manning rejected the niners they gave Alex a contract (a measly one by NFL QB standards) and he came back.

9ers did not take their name out of the hat of finalist.

/thread

who gives a sh@t

/thread

Everyone who posted

/thread

Harbaugh and G-Ro dressed up. Got 5 grand in between them. Walked into the store. Checked out a bunch of LV handbags and purses. Couldn't find one for the right price so they went down the street and got a knock-off version for fraction of the cost. Took the rest of the money and blew it all at the local strip joint.

Right now the knock-off bag is out performing the real LV one in the preseason.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM ]

No you keep on shopping until find a Mustang, and then if you dont qualify for the Mustang then you settle for the Cavelier..

I'm not denying we settled for a Cavelier, I'm saying we may not have even viewed a Mustang in the first place!!
All we really know is that the 49ers wanted Alex to come back. The FO had their price, Alex had his. They did not agree on said price. So the 49ers FO explored other options (Peyton Manning)

Why did they do this? because we had Kaeperstink and Duckzien as our QB's had Alex left. We really don't know for sure if Harbaugh or Baalke had any real intentions of signing Manning or not, our cap numbers at the time says we couldn't afford him, unless of course Manning took a huge pay cut because Harbaugh and Baalke are super awesome .

My conclusion, Alex is our QB now, Manning is a Bronco.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I'm not denying we settled for a Cavelier, I'm saying we may not have even viewed a Mustang in the first place!!

Then why did the Mustang's owners call us to let us they chose a different buyer. And why did we wait til after the Mustang's people made their decision to settle on the cavelier.

All we really know is that the 49ers wanted Alex to come back. The FO had their price, Alex had his. They did not agree on said price. So the 49ers FO explored other options (Peyton Manning)

Why did they do this? because we had Kaeperstink and Duckzien as our QB's had Alex left. We really don't know for sure if Harbaugh or Baalke had any real intentions of signing Manning or not, our cap numbers at the time says we couldn't afford him, unless of course Manning took a huge pay cut because Harbaugh and Baalke are super awesome .

You are saying Manning is the infamous white Ford Bronco...
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

You are saying Manning is the infamous white Ford Bronco...

Then why did the Mustang's owners call us to let us they chose a different buyer. And why did we wait til after the Mustang's people made their decision to settle on the cavelier.

Because even tho we may not have seen the Mustang we were hoping to see, we may have seen a car slightly better than a cavelier.

Because even tho we may not have seen the Mustang we were hoping to see, we may have seen a car slightly better than a cavelier.

Not like Harbaugh can't pimp-up the Cavalier like he's doing now.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Not like Harbaugh can't pimp-up the Cavalier like he's doing now.

You can put lip stick on a pig but its still a pig.
Share 49ersWebzone