LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Editorialist Florio on Manning and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Not like Harbaugh can't pimp-up the Cavalier like he's doing now.

You can put lip stick on a pig but its still a pig.

You've moved the chains. I thought we're talking about Mustangs and Cavalier. If it's a pig it would be bacon by now.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Not like Harbaugh can't pimp-up the Cavalier like he's doing now.

You can put lip stick on a pig but its still a pig.

You've moved the chains. I thought we're talking about Mustangs and Cavalier. If it's a pig it would be bacon by now.

no I'm hungry

What were we talking about again?
the amount of total homerism in here is amazing...the saints fans are even laughing at some of you
Obviously the niners were not satisfied with the QB play and thats even after the great 4th quarter by Alex against the Saints. So they went out and tried to upgrade the position but Manning chose the broncos.

end of story ?
Nvm.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Aug 25, 2012 at 6:42 PM ]
Originally posted by 3-BALL:
Obviously the niners were not satisfied with the QB play and thats even after the great 4th quarter by Alex against the Saints. So they went out and tried to upgrade the position but Manning chose the broncos.

end of story ?

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
the amount of total homerism in here is amazing...the saints fans are even laughing at some of you

Well, something has to give them happiness. We destroyed them on and off the field last year.....

Why do you care what the saints fans think, anyway?
  • SaksV
  • Veteran

Last time I checked, I was a 49er fan. Whatever others think of me (or us) is not our business!!
There is no question the 49ers evaluated Manning to see whether or not to offer him a contract. They decided NOT to offer him a contract. To say that Manning chose the Broncos instead of the 49ers is naive. The 49ers never offered Manning a contract so he could not reject them, as both Florio and susweet imply. It is far easier to believe that the coaches were indeed evaluating Manning and after considering everything - his talent, his health, his age, etc. - they decided not to offer him a contract.

Media were responsible for the statements that Manning could go wherever he wanted to go. Media made Manning out to be a football god of sorts, which he isn't. He is one player - admittedly a very talented player, but only one player - in a team sport.

I see no reason to disbelieve either Harbaugh or Roman on this matter. There is no shame in going after a player and not getting him, so why would they lie? It is much more believable that Mike Florio and susweet are only venting their personal hate for the 49ers.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I stick to Occam's Razor: the simplest solution is probably the right one. JH and GR were telling the truth.
its another case of dadgum yahoos making up s**t for publicity. who the f**k is florio anyway?

Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
There is no question the 49ers evaluated Manning to see whether or not to offer him a contract. They decided NOT to offer him a contract. To say that Manning chose the Broncos instead of the 49ers is naive. The 49ers never offered Manning a contract so he could not reject them, as both Florio and susweet imply. It is far easier to believe that the coaches were indeed evaluating Manning and after considering everything - his talent, his health, his age, etc. - they decided not to offer him a contract.

Media were responsible for the statements that Manning could go wherever he wanted to go. Media made Manning out to be a football god of sorts, which he isn't. He is one player - admittedly a very talented player, but only one player - in a team sport.

I see no reason to disbelieve either Harbaugh or Roman on this matter. There is no shame in going after a player and not getting him, so why would they lie? It is much more believable that Mike Florio and susweet are only venting their personal hate for the 49ers.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I stick to Occam's Razor: the simplest solution is probably the right one. JH and GR were telling the truth.

Lol wut
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:

Whilst I agree with most of what you say, ease up on flaming at fellow posters. Susweel is entitled to his opinion.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Whilst I agree with most of what you say, ease up on flaming at fellow posters. Susweel is entitled to his opinion.

Yes, but expressing those opinions might get him in trouble.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Well, something has to give them happiness. We destroyed them on and off the field last year.....

Why do you care what the saints fans think, anyway?

Not to mention that Saints fans think Florio wakes up in the morning and pisses pure distilled awesomesauce. The jackass is the only media member outside of NOLA who is publicly backing the Saints against the league. What an attention whore, and what a sad, pathetic group of fans w/shamefully misplaced ethics and priorities. The only thing they should be laughing at is uncle Dad getting shot down by sister Aunt again.
Alex Smith is gonna have a better season than Manning.
Share 49ersWebzone