There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Players that need to go

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Cartwright may be an ST's ace, but the thing is, Dixon is just as good on special teams .. and he played RB/FB. As the 5th RB, Cartwright needs to be more versatile. We will probably play short on TEs, so I think Dixon could have value at FB as insurance for Miller. Cartwright doesn't provide that.

Pretty sure Cartwright has spent time as a FB in Washington. Now if you are talking here he would have to learn the role and but it probably wouldn't take him long. Not like Anthony is an expert... he just started and he missed on 1/2 of his blocks.
would you like to show us where you pulled that from?

I didn't see him miss any blocks tonight...actually you could see him in each replay making a great blocks.

its funny but some like to s**t on dixon, just to s**t on dixon... I remember last week someone asked who f'd up on that hit that cause Tolzien to throw an INT...and of course someone immediately posted Dixon f'd up too. I mean I don't think he was even on the field for that play...lol.
I don't agree with cutting Brock, Dixon or Williams.

You cut valuable back ups when you have better back ups to replace them with, not when fans get tired of them not being super stars.

Brock played well as our 4th corner last year and making a bad play in a preseason game shouldn't cost him a spot.

Dixon might be expendable if Jacobs and James are able to play in week 1, but if not he's our 3rd best RB. More over, I don't think we should be in a rush to cut a guy that can provide both offense and pass protection as either a RB or a FB, and plays well on special teams.

Williams was one of our most dynamic WRs last year during the regular season, and I don't think you cut a guy because of one bad game, no matter how bad that game is.
I'd rather keep Cartwright than Dixon given a choice between the two. Been wanting Dixon gone for a long time. He just doesn't seem to get it. I can see him missing a block that gets our QB concussed or dancing when we need a crucial conversion in the very near future if he's relied upon. Get well soon, Jacobs and James.

Heard good, and sometimes even great things about Brock from practice for the last couple of years, but where is it come game time? He's not terrible though. CBs look like Rogers, Brown, Cully, Cox... don't we need to keep a 5th? Brock has so much more experience than any of the other guys, and who else are we gonna sign? Well, Darrell Green is only 52 these days...

And anyone who says cut Williams is simply not thinking rationally, still harboring residual hatred from last year. It's human and very understandable to hold grudges when we as fans feel slighted by a choke performance, but K-Dub is not the 54th or 55th best player on this team, not by a mile. It's time to get over it. He will contribute to winning football. Don't be surprised if he's our 3rd leading receiver this year.
Originally posted by boast:
Josh Johnson. let Kap and God get as many reps as possible in these next two preseason games. JJ is still the same inaccurate and overthrowing QB he was with Tampa Bay the past few seasons.

against the Texans:

Kaep -4/8 19 yds

JJ -4/6 64 yds

Alex -5/9 49 yds

Tolzien -4/9 23 yds

really?
Akers needs to go, we need more motivation to score touchdowns, so getting rid of our All-Pro kicker will make us not feel as safe taking field goals all day.
brett swain.dixon are my to top picks
alex smith
Don't really want to see anyone go just yet.. seems early for that. We have to keep bodies in.. in case of injury, and I'd trust one of our own right now over some other available scrub that hasn't been involved in our system up to this point.

Not too worried about this particular topic. Our coaches have shown the ability to quickly show the door to players that don't fit what we need.
I agree with most of the names mentioned. Brock is 50-50, he makes some plays gives up a few more. Dixon for all his size looks small and never seems to push the pile. He had a nice reception against the Texans. After the NFC Championship I was calling for Williams ouster, but he deserves to make the team. Rather than the personnel issues what bothers me is the small pocket Alex is throwing from, it collapses with each back pedal. Just take the road down Highway 77 a tractor trailer can make it through.
Josh Johnson....Gone
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,912
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Great stuff, brilliant.

Jacobs hurt.
LMJ hurt.
So what do we do? Cut Cartwright and Dixon.

Leaving us with only Gore and Hunter at running back, not to mention two fewer special teams players.
rock will not be cut. he can pick up third and one, who cares if he is older than dixon. he is a good locker room vet. He can play a little fullback, he can also return kicks and he will be capt of the special teams, dixon has shown zero improvement from last year. brian is spot on. you got two guys hurt and the answer is not to cut cartwright. i would still cut dixon though. if both jacobs and LMJ are ok, cut dixon. at least rock can pick up third and one for gods sake
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,912
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Akers needs to go, we need more motivation to score touchdowns, so getting rid of our All-Pro kicker will make us not feel as safe taking field goals all day.

as susweet said, akers is one of those old geezers on his last legs that need to go so I agree,
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,912
Originally posted by captain_planet:
I'd rather keep Cartwright than Dixon given a choice between the two. Been wanting Dixon gone for a long time. He just doesn't seem to get it. I can see him missing a block that gets our QB concussed or dancing when we need a crucial conversion in the very near future if he's relied upon. Get well soon, Jacobs and James.

Heard good, and sometimes even great things about Brock from practice for the last couple of years, but where is it come game time? He's not terrible though. CBs look like Rogers, Brown, Cully, Cox... don't we need to keep a 5th? Brock has so much more experience than any of the other guys, and who else are we gonna sign? Well, Darrell Green is only 52 these days...

And anyone who says cut Williams is simply not thinking rationally, still harboring residual hatred from last year. It's human and very understandable to hold grudges when we as fans feel slighted by a choke performance, but K-Dub is not the 54th or 55th best player on this team, not by a mile. It's time to get over it. He will contribute to winning football. Don't be surprised if he's our 3rd leading receiver this year.
yes any talk abvout cutting williams should be taken with a grain or a block of salt. the only reason why anyone would want him cut is because they harbor an illogical grudge against the man for something that happened in a meaningless game six months ago.
Originally posted by cciowa:
yes any talk abvout cutting williams should be taken with a grain or a block of salt. the only reason why anyone would want him cut is because they harbor an illogical grudge against the man for something that happened in a meaningless game six months ago.

???
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,912
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
yes any talk abvout cutting williams should be taken with a grain or a block of salt. the only reason why anyone would want him cut is because they harbor an illogical grudge against the man for something that happened in a meaningless game six months ago.

???
yes. the game means nothing anymore. six months ago, means nothing as we move forward