LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

LaMic or Hunter?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

LaMic or Hunter?

• cools
  • Veteran
In two years this will be a hot topic, They are both quick, fast and tough, and have "playmaker" attitudes

Hunter can pick up the blitz, not sure James has that in his skill set yet, so Hunter has big lead at this point

Baalke did a great job, Harbs has talked about having 3 or 4 RB's, keeping em fresh and healthy, If one goes down..your not screwed
and the RB's will end up having longer careers, though may not be top picks in fantasy drafts

I like Hampton too, if we can hide him on the PS, let him fully recover from banged up knees, he could be our future Goal line/short yardage guy
hunter at this point looks like he could start. very impressed with him so far. lamichael will look better as the year goes on but hes not ready yet
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Fuk can you guys stop calling him LaMic? WTF does that even mean? How do you even pronounced that? Oregon students call him LaMJ. As in, La-M-J. Easy. Logical. Fuuuuark.
Hunter looks like a Joe Morris type but with more speed. I think he can carry a full work load if needed. LMJ will have to break a few to force his way into the lineup. The question becomes if both are performing at a high level who gets the most carries. With added rest Frank will be fresh all year and have an outstanding season. The Niners look loaded at the position.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Hunter looks like a Joe Morris type but with more speed. I think he can carry a full work load if needed. LMJ will have to break a few to force his way into the lineup. The question becomes if both are performing at a high level who gets the most carries. With added rest Frank will be fresh all year and have an outstanding season. The Niners look loaded at the position.

YES
Both of these guys are very good but different kinds of runners. I agree with those who see Hunter as a replacement for Gore and James as a Red Zone, 3rd down nightmare--as Harbaugh mentioned when he said Stanford couldn't keep him out of the endzone.

College Stats

James--University of Oregon:

Combine 40 time-4.45

2009: 1714 Yds (running & receiving)14 TDs

2010: 1939 Yds, 24 TDs

2011: 2015 Yds, 19 TDs

Hunter--Oklahoma State

Combine 40 time-4.53

2007: 833 Yds, 5 TDs

2008: 1753 Yds, 17 TDs

2009: 465 Yds, 1

2010: 1649 Yds, 16 Tds
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 18, 2012 at 7:12 AM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:
height weight birthdate experience
Hunter, Kendall RB 5'7" 199 9/16/1988 1
James, LaMichael RB 5'9" 195 10/22/1989 0

anyone know their 40 time?

Is Hunter big enough to be an every down back? I don't see him taking over for Gire?

Barry Sanders
Height: 5-8 Weight: 200
Oklahoma State
Experience: 10 Seasons
Hall of Fame Induction: 2004
CAR - 3,062, YDS - 15,269, AVG - 5.0, TDS - 99
Hmm, maybe we have a couple of Barry Sanders that we're grooming
Hunter easily but I think Baalke was looking a season or two ahead when he was drafting LaMJ (Jenkins as well for that matter) and wasn't counting on major contribution from him this season so it's not really a fair question to ask this season.

I think a season with NFL coaching and working with NFL strength and conditioning coaches LaMJ is going to be a beast next season. Hunter will be more of the bell cow of the two but I envision both backs will get a good share of carries between the two in the future.
height weight birthdate experience
Hunter, Kendall RB 5'7" 199 9/16/1988 1
James, LaMichael RB 5'9" 195 10/22/1989 0

anyone know their 40 time?

Is Hunter big enough to be an every down back? I don't see him taking over for Gire?

Barry Sanders
Height: 5-8 Weight: 200
Oklahoma State
Experience: 10 Seasons
Hall of Fame Induction: 2004
CAR - 3,062, YDS - 15,269, AVG - 5.0, TDS - 99
Hmm, maybe we have a couple of Barry Sanders that we're grooming

I've been calling Hunter the next Barry (more like a poor mans Barry). Both went to OSU and both quick and shifty.
[ Edited by zomg_its_ryan on Aug 18, 2012 at 8:02 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
they're no where near the same type of back. Hunter is basically MJD without the thick thighs - James is a sproles-esque back. Hunter is a lot more of a between the tackles runner then people think.

Just get used to seeing the two of them in a committee. Once Gore and Jacobs are gone we will have a "thunder and lightning" arrangement with Hunter and James. We'll replace Jacobs with a power back as well.

Not a fair comparison for James at all. He hasn't really played.
Many are assuming Jacobs is gone after this year...why? If he does well I would think he may choose to come back.
Originally posted by Ether:
Fuk can you guys stop calling him LaMic? WTF does that even mean? How do you even pronounced that? Oregon students call him LaMJ. As in, La-M-J. Easy. Logical. Fuuuuark.

No we don't...
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

No we don't...

I trust ODN with this one. LaMJ sounds even worse then LaMic or LaMike......
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

No we don't...

I trust ODN with this one. LaMJ sounds even worse then LaMic or LaMike......

I like James...sounds dignified and is actually his name. No other James on the team so unless you confuse him with a basketball player of some note...
Share 49ersWebzone