LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

LaMic or Hunter?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

LaMic or Hunter?

LaHunt
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
Hunter is going to be Gore's replacement and there's no doubt in my mind about that. LaMichael will eventually be a Sproles-type player that'll come in on 3rd downs. I don't understand why some of you guys don't get that...

This. The running back stable of the future: 1. Hunter (primary back), 2. James (3rd down scat back and receiving threat), 3. some big bodied dude in the draft or maybe a bulked up Jewel Hampton.

Dixon is gone this year. Jacobs is gone next year. Gore may have another year or 2 at most. Cartwright is a short term ST player.
It really seemed like a lot of people were dissing james after the first game. I don't think he looked slow at all. Dixon is gone. Just saying.

There is no way they are letting james go, or jacobs, and cartwright is a special teams stud.
Outside of the fact that they're both vertically impaired, Hunter is a traditional North/South runner while James is a shifty, change-of-pace scat-back. James will only be used on 3rd d......

Aww, forget it...

Even if Gire.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
height weight birthdate experience
Hunter, Kendall RB 5'7" 199 9/16/1988 1
James, LaMichael RB 5'9" 195 10/22/1989 0

anyone know their 40 time?

Is Hunter big enough to be an every down back? I don't see him taking over for Gire?
Originally posted by Chico:
height weight birthdate experience
Hunter, Kendall RB 5'7" 199 9/16/1988 1
James, LaMichael RB 5'9" 195 10/22/1989 0

anyone know their 40 time?

Is Hunter big enough to be an every down back? I don't see him taking over for Gire?

Hunter ran a 4.46 at Combine and 4.56 at pro day
James is only 5' 8" and ran a 4.45 at Combine and 4.41 at pro day

according to nfldraftscout
zomg said it first, and that is LaMic is going to be a situational 3rd down player, split wide of alex, who is the bailout on 3rd down. Pass or lateral, then let's see if the D can stop him. In the middle, the answer so far is yes. Where Coach H is going to use him, ie, out wide, I don't think so. Then if they put a spy on LaMic, because he is so lethal out there, that means Moss, Mario, crbtre, kyle, owusu,vernon, delanie, or AJ is going to be singled. And that in a nutshell is how Coach is going to defeat 3rd down Ds....and same in RZ. Yes, LaMic ran between tackles in college. But the D linemen weren't all 36 " wide, 6'3" tall, and weighed about 320, and can outrun most DBs. Different league, and his game is gonna be exactly what Coach and Trent drafted him for: 3rd downs and RZ. Maybe some punts.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
EVEN IF LAMIX AND KUNTER
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
EVEN IF LAMIX AND KUNTER

kunter lol

LaMichael James is nowhere near the RB Kendall Hunter is.

It was funny when we drafted him people were saying that this means Hunter is the #3. LOL.

James will have a roll, though. I can see him catching swing passes and maybe getting a few screens called. He should also be a part of the option package I think we're using this year.

After a full offseason of hitting the weights, he could be a poor mans Darren Sproles.
they're both going to be great backs. Hunter has mroe experience and knows the playbook better. Also dood loved to pass protect. he's def been learning well from Gore. Give LMJ some time, the reason he looks slow out there is cuz he was late to OTA cuz of UO's late graduation. He's still learning the playbook, how to huddle, etc. when he just knows it, and doesnt have to think his speed will show.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
LaMikeHuntEr
Originally posted by Chico:
We have two guys that are pretty much the same type of RB. Hunter has the experience but LaMic seems to have more speed. Who gets more carries? As much as i look forward to watching LaMic, Hunter did a respectable job last year. Who should we give the ball to more this year?

No. No. No. No. HELL NO.

Why do people try and make it seem like Hunter and James are exactly the same since they are smaller RB's. Hunter is a far more physical runner than people give him credit for, he's a guy who can be a true feature back after Gore is gone while James is more of a scat-back/Sproles type of player, both actually complement the other very well.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM ]
Hunter could start and the offense wouldn't miss a beat. LaMike is still learning. He's just a situational player at this point.
Share 49ersWebzone