There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Gore HOF bound if we win some bowches?

Is Gore HOF bound if we win some bowches?

Originally posted by DirtyP:
10k yards and 2 rings gets you in, don't know why so many people think otherwise. How many running backs have even accomplished that in the history of the league?

The Hall is mostly about the numbers. I think if Gore gets to 12k and a ring he has a good chance to get in. He'll have to have one or two 1,400+ yard seasons before his career is over. That should give him some good recognition. He also has one of the higher career average-yards-per-rush compared to others.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The Hall is mostly about the numbers. I think if Gore gets to 12k and a ring he has a good chance to get in. He'll have to have one or two 1,400+ yard seasons before his career is over. That should give him some good recognition. He also has one of the higher career average-yards-per-rush compared to others.

Practically every player who has ever rushed for over 11k yards is in the hall of fame whether he has a ring or not. 10k yards and 2 rings is more than enough to get you in.

Here are the guys who have rushed for over 11k and are not in the hall of fame. 2 of them will most likely end up in the hall of fame at some point

Jerome Bettis 1 ring
Corey Dillon 1 ring
Eddgerin James
Fred Taylor
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jun 28, 2012 at 1:35 AM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Your thread title is invalrod...and no, Frank is good, but not transcendent, I understand that some of you in the "every one gets pizza" generation will say I'm a "hater", but screw it, Frank never lifted this team to the play offs, and when this team finally lifted him to the play offs...he came up small. When we old timers talk about hall of famers, we talk about titans, men who stood above all others, men who stood above the game itself, men who transcend the game, and become a part of the games history so large you can't tell the story without including them. When people, not just Ninner fans look back at the last decade of football, Frank Gore is a foot note, not a chapter in the stories they will tell.

This. The perfect description of what a Hall of Famer should be
Thanks!

It's very poetic, but most players in the Hall of Fame don't fit that romantic description. In fact, there are many players who are NOT in the Hall-of-Fame who DO fit that description; a couple of running backs come to mind: Terrell Davis, Bo Jackson, Roger Craig, Herschel Walker etc.

It's a simple criteria, if you can tell the story of time in with a player played, if his name doesn't come up he's out,and his name is at best a footnote, then he's out. If you can't tell the story with out him he deserves to be in, Bo, Rodger, andWalker all deserve to be in Frank... I don't think so.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Jun 28, 2012 at 8:47 AM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,600 for SundayTicket.
Originally posted by drunk49er:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Would you care to elaborate on that?

He's not a HOFer. Period.

He's never been in the class of guys like Faulk, Tomlinson, Smith and Sanders. He was in the tier below them and guys from that tier rarely make the hall unless they're ridiculously consistent ala Curtis Martin. And don't bring up Franco Harris or some back from a thousand years ago, the bar has been raised when all-timers like Chris Carter are struggling to get into the hall.

i tend to agree with this.. frank had that 1600 rushing year correct, but the only reason people think hes so beast mode is because we had seasons where we gave him attempts of over 25+ more than 10games out of 16... the guy was the workhorse back because we didnt have anything else to use to win a football game.. he isnt a Hofer but hes certainly not a dead beat.. he was the best guy on the offensive side of the ball back in our crap years and that wasnt saying much seeing as brandon lloyd was our #1 receiver for 2 years.. I think hes a middle of the pack guy.. he still breaks into the field well but now just gets chased down just as easily as he broke the tackle.
This whole team will be up for HOF inductions if we win a couple of bowls
As much as I like Gore, he isnt HOF material - yet
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
As much as I like Gore, he isnt HOF material - yet

Gore and Steven Jackson just have the bad luck of being on one dimensional teams to this point in their careers. Had either been on a complete team for the majority of their careers they would likely be in the discussion, but as of now neither of them will be getting in.
Originally posted by sdcindy:
I can't find bowches on Google.

Couldnt find it on dictionary.com either.

dont worry doot,im lost too.still wonderin how folks are havin a four page discussion over it.

I guess the jokes on me??
Nope.
"If Gore's knees didn't get injured in college he might have been one of the greatest backs to ever play the game"

~Michael Irvin
He's going to be sharing the touches with Hunter, Jacobs and James. His stats will probably go down next season. A ring or two could help bring him up in HOF talks.
Gore would be a first ballot if he spent his career with a better team. He has as much, if not more talent at the position then most HOF running backs. His only problem is he was drafted and has spent his career with the 49ers during some of our worst seasons. If he runs hard for two years, pulls a rushing title or ring during this time, AND the 49ers continue to win and be in the media he can be in the HOF. If he declines rapidly or we don't continue to win and be top of the league he won't make it.
Gore is a great back but not a HOFer I don't think. Not taking anything from him I just don't see him as a HOFer

No disrespect. Love me some niners!!
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by sdcindy:
I can't find bowches on Google.

Couldnt find it on dictionary.com either.

dont worry doot,im lost too.still wonderin how folks are havin a four page discussion over it.

I guess the jokes on me??

I would say so.
  • darum
  • Veteran
One of the most important aspects that the HoF voters look at when deciding who gets into the hall is whether or not the player was considered to be dominant at his position, like in the top 2 for at least part of his career. Gore has always been overshadowed by quite a few backs. LT was clearly much better early in Gore's career, and AP is dominating now. Gore will be lumped into a group of backs that included MJD, Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Edgerrin James with new guys like Matt Forte, Ray Rice, and Chris Johnson that were/are good, but probably wont make the hall of fame. For now, I think Edge is the only guy out of those listed who comes close to making the Hall, and Gore is probably in the bottom half of that group talent wise. Even with a SB ring, unless he can pull some sort of dominant season or unforgettable SB performance out of his butt, his chances of making the HoF are slim to none.