LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Is Gore HOF bound if we win some bowches?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Gore HOF bound if we win some bowches?

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by drunk49er:
eddie george was a horse, if you didn't know much about him then you probably weren't following football that closely.

Ok hot shot, get off your high horse. I was 11 when he came into the league. I knew he was solid, just didnt realize he was that good as a pro. Recalled him being more dominant in college at Ohio State, that's all I was saying. Guess his last yr in Dallas skewed my view of his overall career.

i was 8 when he entered and i remember him being a beast! They guy was 6'3'' and blowing it up. He was a bad man
I say no to Gore entering the Hall. I have liked Gore ever since he was at the U, but i agree that he is not in that top tier that some of you speak of.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I just assumed it was the way some kids say "bowls" kinda the same douches that end sentences with 'Yo"...yo.

Like do you mean it's like when douches like don't know how to like speak and like still like to think that they're like intelligent? That's like funny cuz like they get so like offended when people like don't take them like serious.
its a stretch. if he has a couple good year and has a good superbowl game we might make it in.
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:
I just assumed it was the way some kids say "bowls" kinda the same douches that end sentences with 'Yo"...yo.

Like do you mean it's like when douches like don't know how to like speak and like still like to think that they're like intelligent? That's like funny cuz like they get so like offended when people like don't take them like serious.

Are you making this a personal attack on me for my opinion? Sorry to have been raised speaking the english language they way it was intended. Sure the use of slang is acceptable, I even engage in it's usage, but when I need to make a point to a larger group of people, I aways revert to a more comprehensible style of speech.

Do I find humor in mocking the slightly a skewed ball cap wearing, baggy panted, tribal arm band tattoo guys, commonly (I am using some slang here) referred to as "douches"? Well yes, yes I do, I find them comical, they are one of lives little joys, as if the universe decided one day we need more clowns.
How many years has he lead the league in rushing? TD's? How many MVP's does he have? No, he is not HOF worthy.

People always talk about Gore like he is extraordinary, because he's been our only really good player on offense for so long. But if he was extraordinary, he would have better numbers! Look what Barry Sanders did in Detroit with less talent around him than what we've had.
Wow, I had to fact check you on the Eddie George inclusion. Strictly recalling from memory, I never had the impression he had that good of a career... 7 of his 9 seasons he went over a thousand yards. Anyone else only remember him being "decent". Some of those must have been quiet 1,000 yard seasons.

You are correct, his 1,000 yard seasons were very quiet. That's what happens when you get there 3 yards at a time. I am willing to bet that of all the backs in the 10,000 yard club, he has the lowest ypc. He only benefited from Jeff Fisher's boring and simplistic offense.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by drunk49er:
eddie george was a horse, if you didn't know much about him then you probably weren't following football that closely.

Ok hot shot, get off your high horse. I was 11 when he came into the league. I knew he was solid, just didnt realize he was that good as a pro. Recalled him being more dominant in college at Ohio State, that's all I was saying. Guess his last yr in Dallas skewed my view of his overall career.
Eddie George started to decline way early even for a running back, he had a good first half of his career and that was it, Gore is definitely above him.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Are you making this a personal attack on me for my opinion? Sorry to have been raised speaking the english language they way it was intended. Sure the use of slang is acceptable, I even engage in it's usage, but when I need to make a point to a larger group of people, I aways revert to a more comprehensible style of speech.

Do I find humor in mocking the slightly a skewed ball cap wearing, baggy panted, tribal arm band tattoo guys, commonly (I am using some slang here) referred to as "douches"? Well yes, yes I do, I find them comical, they are one of lives little joys, as if the universe decided one day we need more clowns.

"Sorry to have been raised speaking the english language they way it was intended."

A very brave statement followed by (and to some extent invalidated by) some old-fashioned coma splices.

I find them comical, they are one of lives little joys, as if the universe decided one day we need more clowns.

Also, you should have capitalized the e in English.
[ Edited by buck on Jun 30, 2012 at 10:34 AM ]

No Mr. Camper, I am not personally attacking you one bit. I'm actually agreeing with you 100%. (see the bold) When you made your "yo" comment, it made me chuckle because that's how I feel about the "like". That was my feeble attempt at being humorous with you but I guess I bombed.............tribal arm band tattoo guy - LMAO.

Originally posted by buck:
"Sorry to have been raised speaking the english language they way it was intended."

A very brave statement followed by (and to some extent invalidated by) some old-fashioned coma splices.

I find them comical, they are one of lives little joys, as if the universe decided one day we need more clowns.

Now you're just nit picking
[ Edited by MrRedDogSF on Jun 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:

Now you're just nit picking

Yes, I was. But, it seemed appropriate given his touting of his proper use of the English language.
What the f**k is bowches?
Originally posted by RDB4216:
How many years has he lead the league in rushing? TD's? How many MVP's does he have? No, he is not HOF worthy.

People always talk about Gore like he is extraordinary, because he's been our only really good player on offense for so long. But if he was extraordinary, he would have better numbers! Look what Barry Sanders did in Detroit with less talent around him than what we've had.

I think the question is would he be if he had a ring or two and over 10k yards. If he had 2 or 3 more years of excellence and 2 rings on his hand I would consider him one of the all time great players

I knew I was treading on thin ice when I typed those words. I plead guilty and throw myself to the mercy of the grammar police.
Share 49ersWebzone