LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Is Gore HOF bound if we win some bowches?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Gore HOF bound if we win some bowches?

Lets say he plays like 3 more years and out of those years we win like one or two trophies.

ATT YDS AVG LNG
2011 Regular Season 282 1,211 4.3 55
2011 Postseason 163 5.6 42
Career 1653 7,625 4.6 80

TD REC YDS AVG
2011 Reg Season 8 17 114 6.7
2011 Postseason 0 13 83 6.4
Career 43 287 2,397 8.4

These are his current stats right now(source) so lets say he reaches give or take 10,000 rushing yards, 4,000 receiving yards and gets to 60 total td's. HOF worthy? I would say so just on that fact that he would have 10,000 plus yards and some rings. That would usually stamp your ticket right there. What do you guys think?

[ Edited by pelos21 on Jun 26, 2012 at 6:27 PM ]
Originally posted by pelos21:
Lets say he plays like 3 more years and out of those years we win like one or two trophies.

ATT YDS AVG LNG
2011 Regular Season 282 1,211 4.3 55
2011 Postseason 163 5.6 42
Career 1653 7,625 4.6 80

TD REC YDS AVG
2011 Reg Season 8 17 114 6.7
2011 Postseason 0 13 83 6.4
Career 43 287 2,397 8.4

These are his current stats right now(source) so lets say he reaches give or take 10,000 rushing yards, 4,000 receiving yards and gets to 60 total td's. HOF worthy? I would say so just on that fact that he would have 10,000 plus yards and some rings. That would usually stamp your ticket right there. What do you guys think?

10k+ yards and 2 rings i'd say ya
I love me some Bowches
  • Jiks
I thing he's Hall of Farm bouched all reader.
What if we only won one? Would he still be HOF worthy then?
no
Originally posted by drunk49er:
no

Would you care to elaborate on that?
not even close
  • Chief
  • Veteran
A ring, over 10k yards and keeping a high YPC... I say its possible but maybe not a 1st ballot.

He's not a HOFer. Period.

He's never been in the class of guys like Faulk, Tomlinson, Smith and Sanders. He was in the tier below them and guys from that tier rarely make the hall unless they're ridiculously consistent ala Curtis Martin. And don't bring up Franco Harris or some back from a thousand years ago, the bar has been raised when all-timers like Chris Carter are struggling to get into the hall.

Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for RishikeshA.
Good player on some bad teams with no coaching to speak of. If he makes it to the SB and dominates his stock will rise but that is a big if. There are so many talented running backs on the roster that it seems the team is going into the season with the mentality of running back by committee. He's a true warrior and hope only the best for him.
Originally posted by drunk49er:
no

Wtf is a bowch,or some bowches??Would you care to elaborate
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jun 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM ]
No.
[ Edited by Jakebrake49ers on Jun 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM ]
RB's who aren't in the hall and have had better overall careers than Frank Gore thus far...

Fred Taylor
Edgerrin James
Ricky Waters
Warrick Dunn
Jamal Lewis
Corey Dillon
Eddie George
Shaun Alexander (sadly)
Tiki Barber (arguably)
Priest Holmes
Jerome Bettis
Terrell Davis (debatable)
Roger Craig

What Frank needs is more years, yards, TD's, and a ring. Otherwise, he'll be chllin' with these guys waiting to get in.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
RB's who aren't in the hall and have had better overall careers than Frank Gore thus far...

Fred Taylor
Edgerrin James
Ricky Waters
Warrick Dunn
Jamal Lewis
Corey Dillon
Eddie George
Shaun Alexander (sadly)
Tiki Barber (arguably)
Priest Holmes
Jerome Bettis
Terrell Davis (debatable)
Roger Craig

What Frank needs is more years, yards, TD's, and a ring. Otherwise, he'll be chllin' with these guys waiting to get in.

yep, those guys are largely in the second tier of backs behind the faulks and tomlinsons, although i might put alexander (one of the best rb seasons of all time) and bettis (mr. consistency) into the hall from that group. the rest were either not consistent enough, didn't do it long enough or fall just short of really being a hof caliber back.

my number one reason i'd say no is that even in gore's best season he wasn't the best back in the league that year. there is no single year where you can even argue that he was the best back in the league that year.
Share 49ersWebzone