There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

"Closest Quarterback to winning his first Superbowl"

I'm going to say Matthew Stafford. Their Defense should be kinda close to what they showed last year and if Jahvid Best is somewhere to be found they can be very scary.

LaMichael James!!!!!!
Randy Moss!!!!!
A.J. Jenkins!!!!
We got ourselves a box of golden brown nuggets this year boys!!! Go NINERS ALL DUH WEH!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Dukes is a dick, but he's right. -Alex Smith's ceiling is what we saw last season (for better or for worse), we're the '00 Ravens, our defense and running game will be the reason we win a SB (if we do next season).

Oh really...can I haz your crystalz ball? Weren't you one of the ones that said that before last season?

You guys should bet.

How about loser changes screen name to Jamie Dukes for a year?

I take it back! No one should be subjected to that!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jun 20, 2012 at 7:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Noirwar:
I'm going to say Matthew Stafford. Their Defense should be kinda close to what they showed last year and if Jahvid Best is somewhere to be found they can be very scary.

LaMichael James!!!!!!
Randy Moss!!!!!
A.J. Jenkins!!!!
We got ourselves a box of golden brown nuggets this year boys!!! Go NINERS ALL DUH WEH!

I'm not worried about any offense run by Scott Linehan. He has never and will never commit enough to the run to EVER lead a bona fide championship offense.
So close yet so far
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Noirwar:

LaMichael James!!!!!!
Randy Moss!!!!!
A.J. Jenkins!!!!

I'm not worried about any offense run by Scott Linehan. He has never and will never commit enough to the run to EVER lead a bona fide championship offense.

This (has never coached longer than four years in any spot and pro jobs were three or fewer) and the fact that I do not care for their headcoach! Just do not see him lasting and keeping the respect of the team. Plus, the 9ers are better in almost every sense. And I don't care for Stafford...other than that...go niners!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jun 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM ]
Don't they realize that they are only motivating Alex more and more? The more they talk about this team the madder Harbaugh gets and the larger Alex Smith's chip on his shoulder grows. We should be happy the media generally likes to kick dirt on the 9ers. If they stroked their egos what reason would they have to go prove all these f**kers wrong?

Thank you media... getting us closer to the superbowl.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Don't they realize that they are only motivating Alex more and more? The more they talk about this team the madder Harbaugh gets and the larger Alex Smith's chip on his shoulder grows. We should be happy the media generally likes to kick dirt on the 9ers. If they stroked their egos what reason would they have to go prove all these f**kers wrong?

Thank you media... getting us closer to the superbowl.

I like the new Alex with the big chip on his shoulder, Harbaugh has really molded him well in a very short time.
He started playing angry before the saints game and tore it up.
Cannot wait for the season!
alex has actually played well since the last half of 2010. with our overall team (special teams,offense,and defense) we are in the elite team category (top 5 team) so imo it would be foolish to not pick alex smith since i see the team having a super bowl by the time they move to the new stadium.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Crabtree-Moss-set-the-pace-for-all-49ers?blockID=728386&feedID=5936
Originally posted by stepnez:
alex has actually played well since the last half of 2010. with our overall team (special teams,offense,and defense) we are in the elite team category (top 5 team) so imo it would be foolish to not pick alex smith since i see the team having a super bowl by the time they move to the new stadium.

True.

I don't think the talking heads have any impact on the chip-size (or lack of) on Alex's shoulder, like some here seem to think. He barely pays any mind to media gossip and speculations. His motivation is what it has always been.... not to be glorified by the skeptics, but to bring the Niners success. If he feels like thumbing his nose at the doubters later, then that's just lagniappe and a totally secondary afterthought. I doubt he would even have any interest in that, though.
[ Edited by oldman9er on Jun 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM ]
Lagniappe?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Lagniappe?

Southern term, excuse me. It means... well.. like saying "it's gravy".. or just meaning "extra good-stuff."
Lagniappe--small gift, especially one given to a customer by a merchant for making a purchase...

Ran for my dictionary for that one! Thanks--always like learning new words!

Edit--thanks, I haven't spent enough time in the South!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jun 21, 2012 at 3:40 PM ]
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Lagniappe?

Southern term, excuse me. It means... well.. like saying "it's gravy".. or just meaning "extra good-stuff."
nice
If Alex improves as much as I think he will we are going to be a very tough team to beat in the next few years.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home