There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree's interview he said he ran a 4.4......Are people shocked by that statement?

maybe he meant a 4.4 30 Yard Dash

dont know how to turn text blue
Welker isn't a burner, yet he is always open. That isn't crbtre's problem. Getting open , learning how to fake, feint, make the quick cuts...that's where he fell off the earth . I don't really care if he runs a 4.4 30 yd dash. Can he get open? So far, not easily, which means he has to learn how to run crisp routes this yr. If not, AJ, moss, mario, vernon, and La Michael will see all the passes, not crbtre. Also, if he can't learn to get open, adios come end of season.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Welker isn't a burner, yet he is always open. That isn't crbtre's problem. Getting open , learning how to fake, feint, make the quick cuts...that's where he fell off the earth . I don't really care if he runs a 4.4 30 yd dash. Can he get open? So far, not easily, which means he has to learn how to run crisp routes this yr. If not, AJ, moss, mario, vernon, and La Michael will see all the passes, not crbtre. Also, if he can't learn to get open, adios come end of season.

I'd tend to put him in the 4.55 range but I definetily see why athletes get inflated numbers stuck in their head. They practice the 40 downwind on a fast track and a hand timed and they think that's their speed.

Crabtree is hardly the 1st guy to suggest he's faster than he truly is.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

It is possible that the reason he wasn't getting the seperation from defenders was due tothe foot injuries he has had the past couple of years. Reports coming from camp this week suggest that he is MUCH FASTER on his breaks than in the past. Combine that news with playing n the same offense for the second year in a row and i predict,THIS WILL BE A BREAKOUT YEAR FOR CRABS!!!
Combine the fact that he's healthy and also has Moss to mentor him. This is going to be a good year.
Originally posted by eastie:
It is possible that the reason he wasn't getting the seperation from defenders was due tothe foot injuries he has had the past couple of years. Reports coming from camp this week suggest that he is MUCH FASTER on his breaks than in the past. Combine that news with playing n the same offense for the second year in a row and i predict,THIS WILL BE A BREAKOUT YEAR FOR CRABS!!!

This would be fantastic! I do believe the foot was an issue but he was also somewhat lost and may have needed a mentor on the team. VD wasn't to his liking and there was no established WR who was widely respected. The last guy who had that rep was Bruce and he was long gone when MC arrived.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
First 1000+ yards, 90 catches season coming in 2012 for Crabtree - book it.

It will happen!!!
First 1000+ yards, 90 catches season coming in 2012 for Crabtree - book it.

It will happen!!!

He just might get it. Only needs 17 catches and 132 yards in the next 2 games.

It will happen!!!

i unno about the 90 catches but the 1000 yards is quite possible.