LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Crabtree's interview he said he ran a 4.4......Are people shocked by that statement?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Crabtree stated in his open interview the other day where he took questions online that he thought he would have run a 4.4 40 yard dash. Alex Smith is saying this is the first time Crabtree has been healthly. If Crabtree is back to his old self, it would change his dynamic on the team.

Do people believe his statement? Was he that fast in college? He hasn't played that fast for us for sure, but also he hasn't had much time to practice by missing all of the preseason.

If he's anywhere close to that, he's going to have a much better season.......he might finally explode!

Or do people think he's just blowing smoke?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
yah right more like a 4.6
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Crabtree stated in his open interview the other day where he took questions online that he thought he would have run a 4.4 40 yard dash. Alex Smith is saying this is the first time Crabtree has been healthly. If Crabtree is back to his old self, it would change his dynamic on the team.

Do people believe his statement? Was he that fast in college? He hasn't played that fast for us for sure, but also he hasn't had much time to practice by missing all of the preseason.

If he's anywhere close to that, he's going to have a much better season.......he might finally explode!

Or do people think he's just blowing smoke?

Probably ran that fast. But in and out of cuts... probably not. Straightline all he wants to... or not a burner even... but he has to be faster/quicker in and out of cuts. Learn those routes Crabtree
doesn't matter if he does. Ginn runs in the 4.3 range or less i believe, but he a crappy receiver.
So Crabtree thinks he would have run a 4.4... okay. Well, I think I could have found the cure to cancer had I only tried.

Doesn't really matter what he or I thought of each possibility. Just matters if he can convince defenses that he's a deep threat. Whether he can do that or not, I'd settle for a solid possession receiver that can make the big receptions and get enough YAC when it counts.

SO glad to hear he is finally working with the team in the offseason. Best of luck, young man!
Originally posted by oldman9er:
So Crabtree thinks he would have run a 4.4... okay. Well, I think I could have found the cure to cancer had I only tried.

Doesn't really matter what he or I thought of each possibility. Just matters if he can convince defenses that he's a deep threat. Whether he can do that or not, I'd settle for a solid possession receiver that can make the big receptions and get enough YAC when it counts.

SO glad to hear he is finally working with the team in the offseason. Best of luck, young man!
No he didn't say he thinks he can run a 4.4, he said he runs about a 4.4. Justin Blackmon ran a 4.4 at his pro day. Crabs has similar type of speed. He is a 4.4 guy. Observe...http://youtu.be/GKCuvk1iaX0
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on May 23, 2012 at 6:16 PM ]
http://youtu.be/GKCuvk1iaX0
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

No he didn't say he thinks he can run a 4.4, he said he runs about a 4.4. Justin Blackmon ran a 4.4 at his pro day. Crabs has similar type of speed. He is a 4.4 guy. Observe...http://youtu.be/GKCuvk1iaX0

From the OP's opening sentence....

Crabtree stated in his open interview the other day where he took questions online that he thought he would have run a 4.4 40 yard dash.

but regardless, the rest of my post stands... thanks for the apparent distinction..
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

From the OP's opening sentence....

Crabtree stated in his open interview the other day where he took questions online that he thought he would have run a 4.4 40 yard dash.
but regardless, the rest of my post stands... thanks for the apparent distinction..
Yeah the OP's post wasn't the exact same as Crabtree's quote though. Crabtree said about a 4.4 when asked what his 40 is. He never said he thinks it's a 4.4. It's a HUGE distinction. lol. I'm glad I could clear that up for you.

More shocked that he thinks he's a younger version of Moss than that...kid is delusional, clearly. So his 4.4 is probably a 4.7 at best.
I call 'shennanigans.'

ya bullish
Only way he can run a 4.3 is with a bear behind him.
Originally posted by NCommand:
More shocked that he thinks he's a younger version of Moss than that...kid is delusional, clearly. So his 4.4 is probably a 4.7 at best.

Just to be clear he never directly compared their games. Thus could've been talking about how Both had bad reps coming out of college. They both seem to be pretty misunderstood individuals.
Share 49ersWebzone