LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mike:
Still think he'll make the team but be cut by the BYE.

Prove me wrong moss...prove me wrong...

wow seriously?!

wanna make a wager???
The more I read about him the more I believe Moss is very interested in writing a new final chapter for his career. He didn't want to end a hall of fame run on such a negative vibe. Now he has a chance to end his career on a high note on a contending team that really could use his skill set. It really seems like a a perfect fit . . . as long as his skill set is still serviceable.
Moss is savvin out right now but its just OTA's. our number 1 WR will be Crabs. last year he turned it up the last 10 games or so. moss will take tons of pressure off crabs and VD but i still think Crabs will be our money receiver as far as the wideouts go. i still think VD gets more action than all of them this year
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
wow seriously?!

wanna make a wager???

I'm not really prepared to put money on someone getting cut lol. That's riskier than betting that he'd break a certain amount of yards.

I'd prefer if people just quote my post if I'm wrong and I'll quote my post if I'm right. I'll try to remember at the end of the year(or as soon as he gets cut, whichever happens first).
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Howlett49:
The first two points make sense. The last two points are basically the same thing and it seems like you are reaching for a reason to be a hater.

3rd is him simply not getting the ball enough, 4th is alex supposedly f**king up a pass. But yes both are moaning to the media and being a drama queen, which is clearly in his history. Maybe I do have blind hatred but that's no worse than you guys thinking he looks sharp in OTAs and is going to be our #1 WR based off of really absolutely nothing other than some pictures and a few notes from the media guys that saw one or two practices.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The more I read about him the more I believe Moss is very interested in writing a new final chapter for his career. He didn't want to end a hall of fame run on such a negative vibe. Now he has a chance to end his career on a high note on a contending team that really could use his skill set. It really seems like a a perfect fit . . . as long as his skill set is still serviceable.

I think all niner fans have to give a big wet, fat "thank you" to Cris Carter for calling out Randy Moss and saying that he's a quitter, that he has more quit in him than any other superstar.

That statement set Moss on fire and he's not going to forget it any time soon, and will basically devoting this season to proving everyone who thinks that wrong. And who also lives by that approach? A guy who's name rhymes with "Barflaugh". I'm willing to bet he's going to remind Moss of that perception of him on occasion..
  • cools
  • Veteran
Is Moss playing flanker or split end?
Originally posted by cools:

For what it's worth. Moss has played Split End his whole career. I hope Greg Roman moves him around in our offense in hopes of creating mismatches and confusing defenses.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Originally posted by cools:

For what it's worth. Moss has played Split End his whole career. I hope Greg Roman moves him around in our offense in hopes of creating mismatches and confusing defenses.

I really hope we do this. I have rarely seen Moss being moved around. We can move him around but still have him end up outside the hashes deep down the field. Would definitely disrupt a defense.
#yungcrab

I really think we should keep Moss as a SE. Let all of the others mix it up in the SL and FL, but Moss should remain on the outside and preferably on the LOS as the SE. That puts a ton of pressure on opposing CBs and FS. Dare to try and press him? Very risky.. good luck!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Agree with this totally! If he does rewrite the end of his career by having a great year or two (SB win) he will be in a class with few peers--Rice and Irvin...any others? (Irvin believes he is much better and more deserving than Rice...but is too modest to say it more than once a day!).
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jun 20, 2012 at 7:31 AM ]
Moss knows that this is probably his last chance to WIN a Super Bowl, all that media drama is for young guys that have plenty of time left....I believe Moss understands the urgency to perform now. I can't wait to see how he is going to do this season!
When Randy Moss beats a DB on the practice field, he comes back and tells his victim all about it. It's not trash talking. Rather it's instruction. "He tells us the reason why he ran it this way, the reason why he did this, did that," said Perrish Cox. "Because you might face a receiver like Calvin Johnson or you may face one of the taller, bigger receivers and these are the types of things that he'll do." In addition to hanging on Moss' every word, Cox has been shadowing Carlos Rogers as much as possible. Cox said he didn't know whether the NFL would impose its own punishment in relation to the cases but said he was not anticipating any discipline. The league has said it will continue to review the case and that it does not rely on court verdicts as far as determining whether discipline is warranted.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/06/school-zone-cox-learning-lessons-from-rogers-and-moss.html#storylink=cpy

Originally posted by oldman9er:
When Randy Moss beats a DB on the practice field, he comes back and tells his victim all about it. It's not trash talking. Rather it's instruction. "He tells us the reason why he ran it this way, the reason why he did this, did that," said Perrish Cox. "Because you might face a receiver like Calvin Johnson or you may face one of the taller, bigger receivers and these are the types of things that he'll do." In addition to hanging on Moss' every word, Cox has been shadowing Carlos Rogers as much as possible. Cox said he didn't know whether the NFL would impose its own punishment in relation to the cases but said he was not anticipating any discipline. The league has said it will continue to review the case and that it does not rely on court verdicts as far as determining whether discipline is warranted.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/06/school-zone-cox-learning-lessons-from-rogers-and-moss.html#storylink=cpy

ya... cut before the BYE.. puuleeeazzzz

I'm hoping for a 200yd 3TD game against NE. That would be awesome!
Share 49ersWebzone