LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is what Whitner had to say about Moss... read the rest of the article using the link below.

"A lot of times we're running with chains on our backs, we're running 60-yard sprints," Whitner said. "So you can see that he can really run. A lot of times he's leading in the sprints. So if I had to say anything, I don't think he lost a step at all."

"It's tough to tell that he missed a year of football. I certainly don't see any rust'', Alex Smith added.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Moss-looks-sharp-on-49ers-practice-field?blockID=705660&feedID=5936

Randy Moss is still one of the best and a majority of you don't realize it. He is motivated. If you recall, the man once said "I play when I want to play".
[ Edited by 49Perspectives on May 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM ]
Great thread!

I was waiting for this
Randy moss?........ Never heard of him[left]
Originally posted by 49Perspectives:
This is what Whitner had to say about Moss... read the rest of the article using the link below.

"A lot of times we're running with chains on our backs, we're running 60-yard sprints," Whitner said. "So you can see that he can really run. A lot of times he's leading in the sprints. So if I had to say anything, I don't think he lost a step at all."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Moss-looks-sharp-on-49ers-practice-field?blockID=705660&feedID=5936

Randy Moss is still one of the best and a majority of you don't realize it. Moss is motivated. If you recall, the man once said "I play when I want to play".

I think most people understand Moss still has a ton of talent, but the last quote of your post is where the potential problem lies.

You don't know if Moss is motivated. You are hoping he is. Even if he is, he can become unmotivated very easily.
He was motivated when he was young, and he was motivated when he had Tom Brady throwing him the ball. In every other situation, he has been less than motivated.
Isn't Randy Moss on the Vikings?
I'm betting Randy Moss is joining the Niners with Rice in his eyes.

He knows he isn't the greatest but I'm thinking there is no way is going to allow this opportunity to pass by without him giving all he has.

He knows going out in Jerry's shadow as a Niner doing some sick great stuff he can go out with the pride he couldn't get elsewhere.

It's possible we may see Moss at his best even though he has some physical issues normal with the passage of time.

whosajiggawhuuu???
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Garce
  • Veteran
ibt

• Garce
  • Veteran

I'm hyped about Moss, and I'm rooting for him to help the 9ers offense, but I have a wait and see attitude.

I have no doubt If he doesn't stay motivated and engaged Coach Harbaugh will drop him like a bad habit....

Go 9ers.....
Kids, the joke isn't funny anymore.

Kicking a newb around for the sake of doing so is flat out pathetic. Granted, his post should be in the Randy Moss thread, but at least he's trying to talk football, rather than clowning around for the sake of what ever it is that you're doing.

Speaking as an old fart, we graciously, albeit grudgingly, adapted to adding new fans to the old core when we started winning--the old Dynasty was very much an open tent. This hazing business is out of step with that tradition, and I do not like it. Moreover, it's unmanly. As a man, you don't mock the weak and vulnerable.

It's fair to slice them to shreds once they have their bearings and they know better. In the meantime, I suggest we cut them some slack and welcome them into the fold.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Kicking a newb around for the sake of doing so is flat out pathetic. Granted, his post should be in the Randy Moss thread, but at least he's trying to talk football, rather than clowning around for the sake of what ever it is that you're doing.

Speaking as an old fart, we graciously, albeit grudgingly, adapted to adding new fans to the old core when we started winning--the old Dynasty was very much an open tent. This hazing business is out of step with that tradition, and I do not like it. Moreover, it's unmanly. As a man, you don't mock the weak and vulnerable.

It's fair to slice them to shreds once they have their bearings and they know better. In the meantime, I suggest we cut them some slack and welcome them into the fold.
Well now you are just talking crazy. This is a football site? j/k.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Well said. After all, this is a forum.

The Randy Moss deal has an asymetrical risk profile. Little down side and tons of upside. Harbaugh and Baalke do a great job managing risk and reward.

I think the best quote from Whitner was his discussion on how Moss will take the top off the D and create opportuity and value for Crabs, VD, and Gore. With the adjustments we have made this offseason, Seattle, Ariz, and St. Louis cannot know what to expect... They cannot gampeplan off 2011 film as Harbaugh is drawing a new blueprint. "If you aren't getting better, you are getting worse!!!" I love this team...No Ceilings
Share 49ersWebzone