There are 177 users in the forums

Considering our additions at W.R. How would you rank Crabs as our W.R?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Considering our additions at W.R. How would you rank Crabs as our W.R?

Originally posted by PSYKO5:
If he misses out on camp again. I bet he falls down to fourth.

well that's assuming Moss is legit and Jenkins becomes pro-ready in camp (and neither of them miss time). If both are true, then we are in good shape. But I wouldn't bet a whole lot on both of those being true. I think if Crabtree misses camp, that would really hurt us.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
The Future is This IMO.

#1 Jenkins
#2 Manningham
#3 Williams

But to answer the Poll. Crabtree will not be starting.

so this means Williams will supplant Crabtree in camp? You actually believe this?

If Moss is anything like his former self, Crabtree will be #2 on the depth chart. If not, Crabtree is the best receier on the roster and will be #1.
I give Crabtree for real #2 WR.... But.... Crabtree is almost for #3 WR that failed for two games playoff. ...
  • mike
  • Veteran
It's seriously whoever develops chemistry with Alex. His go to guy is still Vernon, after that he needs to have a go-to wide receiver he can look to when vernon is covered. Crabtree has the advantage if he makes it through his first camp ever, because he has more experience with Alex than any other receiver besides maybe Kyle williams or something. Most of our receiving corps is brand new so he has a head start.

But if they can't get on the same page, I can see alex developing a strong relationship with someone like manningham and losing his "#1" spot.
The Future is This IMO.

#1 Jenkins
#2 Manningham
#3 Williams

Williams won't even make the team. There's no way he gets past Moss, Crabtree, Manningham and Jenkins. Then, Ginn will make the roster as a return man. That's 5 receivers, there's no way they roll with 6 on the active roster even though Harbaugh said he could see it happening. That's coach talk - he doesn't want to let it be known that somebody is going to get the boot before they even start training camp. He provides no value on special teams so he won't take Ginn's spot.

As for Crabtree not starting, he's the best receiver on the roster unless Moss returns to form. The only way he doesn't start is if he's hurt.
#1, duh.
Crabtree is still the #1 receiver on the team unless Moss returns to form (which is something that I'm skeptical about).
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
The Future is This IMO.

#1 Jenkins
#2 Manningham
#3 Williams

so this means Williams will supplant Crabtree in camp? You actually believe this?

I do. I have all offseason. Williams Offers more in the slot than Crabtree does. The Kid had one less TD than crabtree last season in extremely limited play. Crabtree is the most overrated player on our team.

Williams is going to suprise people in camp.
Right now I would say that Crabtree is the number 1. WR option on the team but that could quickly change if Moss is motivated to play at a high level and how quickly Jenkins develops. Right now before training camp I would list them in this order.

1)Crabtree
2)Manningham
3)Moss
4)Williams
5)Jenkins
6)Ginn jr

Either way our number one receiving threat will, still be Vernon Davis at TE so all these WR's will be battling to be second option.

Originally posted by 49erRider:
The Future is This IMO.

#1 Jenkins
#2 Manningham
#3 Williams

Williams won't even make the team. There's no way he gets past Moss, Crabtree, Manningham and Jenkins. Then, Ginn will make the roster as a return man. That's 5 receivers, there's no way they roll with 6 on the active roster even though Harbaugh said he could see it happening. That's coach talk - he doesn't want to let it be known that somebody is going to get the boot before they even start training camp. He provides no value on special teams so he won't take Ginn's spot.

As for Crabtree not starting, he's the best receiver on the roster unless Moss returns to form. The only way he doesn't start is if he's hurt.

Thats like, your opinion man.....

Crabtree wasnt even the best WR on the roster last year before Morgan got hurt. He is not the best WR on the roster now.

Like i said. Williams is going to suprise in camp.

If Moss is anything like his former self, Crabtree will be #2 on the depth chart. If not, Crabtree is the best receier on the roster and will be #1.

this.
The Future is This IMO.

#1 Jenkins
#2 Manningham
#3 Williams

Crabtree wasnt even the best WR on the roster last year before Morgan got hurt. He is not the best WR on the roster now.

so I'm assuming you believe Morgan was better than Crabtree?

I got you to admit you think Kyle Williams is better, so lets see how far this goes
The Future is This IMO.

#1 Jenkins
#2 Manningham
#3 Williams

so I'm assuming you believe Morgan was better than Crabtree?

I got you to admit you think Kyle Williams is better, so lets see how far this goes

Absolutely Morgan was, and would have continued to be the beter WR last season had Morgan not gotten hurt....Not sure where your going with this. My opinion on crabtree is largely known on these boards. He can have a good game againt the rams and pad his stats, then completely disapear when it counts. I have no love for the guy TBH. I hope im wrong and he has a great season, but i wouldnt hold my breath.

Williams is hated on purely because of the championship game. If he had not made the bonehead plays, this fan base would be touting him as the slot WR we have been looking for. Like i said, the guy had one less TD than Crabtree in way more limited action. He is gonna suprise and impress.
Originally posted by PSYKO5:
If he misses out on camp again. I bet he falls down to fourth.

well that's assuming Moss is legit and Jenkins becomes pro-ready in camp (and neither of them miss time). If both are true, then we are in good shape. But I wouldn't bet a whole lot on both of those being true. I think if Crabtree misses camp, that would really hurt us.

IMHO, I have a feeling that the only reason Moss is back is not for the love of playing football. He wants to shut up his critics. Especially Cris Carter. Revenge is a great motivating force. If he makes it out of camp I believe he'll light the season up in a quest to get his ring before hanging up his cleats. Wr1 Moss Wr2 Manningham Wr3 Jenkins Wr4 Crabtree. (dang i just realized how scary our team can be especially with James in the back field)
Share 49ersWebzone