LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Considering our additions at W.R. How would you rank Crabs as our W.R?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Considering our additions at W.R. How would you rank Crabs as our W.R?

[ Edited by SFL49ER on Apr 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Thats like, your opinion man.....

Crabtree wasnt even the best WR on the roster last year before Morgan got hurt. He is not the best WR on the roster now.

Like i said. Williams is going to suprise in camp.

Of course it's my opinion, just like everything you say is your opinion. The differencr here is you're basing your opinion on something you believe will happen in the future. I'm basing on what we've already seen happen.

I really don't care if Crabtree falls out of the starting rotation or not. That would mean other guys have stepped up and the unit has gotten better. That's cool with me. However, it's quite apparent your opinion is based on hatred for Crabtree.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I was disappointed he wasn't traded on draft day.
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
The Future is This IMO.

#1 Jenkins
#2 Manningham
#3 Williams

But to answer the Poll. Crabtree will not be starting.

Williams won't even make the team. There's no way he gets past Moss, Crabtree, Manningham and Jenkins. Then, Ginn will make the roster as a return man. That's 5 receivers, there's no way they roll with 6 on the active roster even though Harbaugh said he could see it happening. That's coach talk - he doesn't want to let it be known that somebody is going to get the boot before they even start training camp. He provides no value on special teams so he won't take Ginn's spot.

As for Crabtree not starting, he's the best receiver on the roster unless Moss returns to form. The only way he doesn't start is if he's hurt.

Crabtree wasnt even the best WR on the roster last year before Morgan got hurt. He is not the best WR on the roster now.

so I'm assuming you believe Morgan was better than Crabtree?

I got you to admit you think Kyle Williams is better, so lets see how far this goes

Absolutely Morgan was, and would have continued to be the beter WR last season had Morgan not gotten hurt....Not sure where your going with this. My opinion on crabtree is largely known on these boards. He can have a good game againt the rams and pad his stats, then completely disapear when it counts. I have no love for the guy TBH. I hope im wrong and he has a great season, but i wouldnt hold my breath.

Williams is hated on purely because of the championship game. If he had not made the bonehead plays, this fan base would be touting him as the slot WR we have been looking for. Like i said, the guy had one less TD than Crabtree in way more limited action. He is gonna suprise and impress.

I have to admit I was a BIG Williams fan before those fumbles. Its gonna be great to see the kid prove everybody wrong.
I believe Crabtree can have a pretty good year if he stays healthy and gets in his work with Smith.

I felt quite a few problems were just Smith and Crabs not being in sync with each other. I just find it hard to believe that Smith is pretty money with VD but somehow can't hit Crabs so I attributes this to just not being on the same page.

Also the upgrade in talent is going to help because the opposing defenses should be stretched more thin than they were last season so I think he'll be able to find himself open more and have more space to work with.

Of course it's my opinion, just like everything you say is your opinion. The differencr here is you're basing your opinion on something you believe will happen in the future. I'm basing on what we've already seen happen.

I really don't care if Crabtree falls out of the starting rotation or not. That would mean other guys have stepped up and the unit has gotten better. That's cool with me. However, it's quite apparent your opinion is based on hatred for Crabtree.

The opinion comment was tongue in cheek, The Dude you know....

Your comments on my opinions however are unfounded. Do i doubt Crabtrees ability to be the WR we need? Absolutely. But that is not based on pure hatred for the guy, but rather what he himself has shown me. I hope i am wrong and he comes out next season and breaks 1000, but ii dont think he will ever get there. Alot of people see improvment over crabs rookie season. I see regression quite frankly, even though he had more yardage.

Your comments on my opinions however are unfounded. Do i doubt Crabtrees ability to be the WR we need? Absolutely. But that is not based on pure hatred for the guy, but rather what he himself has shown me. I hope i am wrong and he comes out next season and breaks 1000, but ii dont think he will ever get there. Alot of people see improvment over crabs rookie season. I see regression quite frankly, even though he had more yardage.

Yeah i hope he gets worse again by producing by bigger numbers

He was about 10 yards per game shy of 1,000. But you're right, if he were to get those 160 yards, he would apparently be a much better WR.

Come on.
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
The Future is This IMO.

#1 Jenkins
#2 Manningham
#3 Williams

But to answer the Poll. Crabtree will not be starting.

Williams won't even make the team. There's no way he gets past Moss, Crabtree, Manningham and Jenkins. Then, Ginn will make the roster as a return man. That's 5 receivers, there's no way they roll with 6 on the active roster even though Harbaugh said he could see it happening. That's coach talk - he doesn't want to let it be known that somebody is going to get the boot before they even start training camp. He provides no value on special teams so he won't take Ginn's spot.

As for Crabtree not starting, he's the best receiver on the roster unless Moss returns to form. The only way he doesn't start is if he's hurt.

so I'm assuming you believe Morgan was better than Crabtree?

I got you to admit you think Kyle Williams is better, so lets see how far this goes

Absolutely Morgan was, and would have continued to be the beter WR last season had Morgan not gotten hurt....Not sure where your going with this. My opinion on crabtree is largely known on these boards. He can have a good game againt the rams and pad his stats, then completely disapear when it counts. I have no love for the guy TBH. I hope im wrong and he has a great season, but i wouldnt hold my breath.

Williams is hated on purely because of the championship game. If he had not made the bonehead plays, this fan base would be touting him as the slot WR we have been looking for. Like i said, the guy had one less TD than Crabtree in way more limited action. He is gonna suprise and impress.

Well I think it is unfortunate your opinion is so well known around the boards (funny you say that with a degree of pride)..I have no desire to argue about this because it would be a very dull debate...I'll just point out a few things.
-For the third year in a row, Crabtree missed camp and yet still remained a starter. Morgan was the #3 going into 2011. So, your opinion seems at odds with the 49ers coaching staff. Couldn't Morgan at least take the spot of a guy who can't attend camp? One would think so, if he was truly better.
-Statistically, Morgan couldn't hold Crabtree's jockstrap, which sadly doesn't even say much. Why don't you look at the difference in their # of 1st down receptions, it isnt even close. not to mention catches and yards
-Harbaugh always praised Crabtree for his work ethic and overall commitment. Look at his comments on how Crabtree saved Christmas..
-it doesn't mean anything to say Morgan was better than Crabtree in 2011 before he got injured, since Crabtree missed a lot of time early on and started to get back into form only after Morgan went down.

I'll go as far as to say that we might not have gotten to the NFC Championship game if it weren't for Crabtree. Ppl will read that and laugh, since he didn't produce in the playoffs. But the smart ones know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the catch in Seattle. We lose that game without that catch, barring a miracle. Losing that game takes us to the Superdome. We probably lose there. Got the picture?
[ Edited by BayAreaNinersFan on Apr 29, 2012 at 5:32 PM ]

The biggest thing that will, help crabs will be if he actually is 100% healthy for training camp. We can debate if these injuries are legit or not, but he has always been behind the 8 ball to start the season to be effective. If he has a full training camp I can see his production going up. I do agree that he hasn't shown much yet. His biggest problem this year with the WR core looking deeper there may not be enough ball to go around to see if there is any improvement. He still has to be going in as our Number 1 WR because apart from Kyle Williams and Ted Ginn Jr we are dealing with a group of WR that are unfamiliar with the offence and have no relationship with Alex Smith.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Yeah i hope he gets worse again by producing by bigger numbers

His average went down, as did his TD's from the prior year. Add to that the fact that 3 of his 4 TD's came against the rams, and he largely padded his receiving yards against weak NFC west oponents, and yes i think he regressed last season.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Apr 29, 2012 at 5:29 PM ]

He was about 10 yards per game shy of 1,000. But you're right, if he were to get those 160 yards, he would apparently be a much better WR.

Come on.

again,

His average went down, as did his TD's from the prior year. Add to that the fact that 3 of his 4 TD's came against the rams, and he largely padded his receiving yards against weak NFC west oponents, and yes i think he regressed last season.
He's a #2 - #3 WR. He's never been a #1 WR. And he's not a #1 WR now. There is no speed or separation ability there. And he doesn't play preseason ever or practice. There is a diva like attitude. How people are getting that he is a #1 I don't know?
Share 49ersWebzone