There are 198 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm going to lose my s**t when I see him in that 49ers jersey tonight.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

lmfao

I bet you are. Dream come true...

Did you ever think niners would draft em?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

lmfao

I honestly had no idea... But when we did I just straight up ran out my front door and started running around the block screaming LOL

lmfao

I honestly had no idea... But when we did I just straight up ran out my front door and started running around the block screaming LOL

hahaha.

Do you think he can be elite at this level?

Solid starter?

Role player?

lmfao

hahaha.

Do you think he can be elite at this level?

Solid starter?

Role player?

I have no idea about that either. I don't think people give him enough credit for his vision and ability to find the holes in between the tackles. He is not just a "bounce it outside and outrun everyone" type of back. I'd say a good 75% of his yardage came in between the tackles in his career at Oregon, and I watched every single one of his games since Freshman year.

I also don't like the Sproles comparison. I would be ecstatic if he was that type of player for us, but I think he has a higher ceiling than that.

I also don't like the Sproles comparison. I would be ecstatic if he was that type of player for us, but I think he has a higher ceiling than that.

Ditto. VERY excited about James and can't wait to see what he's able to do. He could be a beast.
I have no idea about that either. I don't think people give him enough credit for his vision and ability to find the holes in between the tackles. He is not just a "bounce it outside and outrun everyone" type of back. I'd say a good 75% of his yardage came in between the tackles in his career at Oregon, and I watched every single one of his games since Freshman year.

The same has been said about Sproles and those same people would be wrong. I personally dont think Jame's ceiling as anywhere near Sproles but that remains to be seen. I personally thought Spoles was a much better prospect coming out of college. Don't get me wrong I think James has a ton of potential but I just don't think he's going to look that fast at this level. I think he's a closer comparison to Hunter than Sproles.
James is the guy im most excited to see in preseason. Hopefully he gets some reps early
Originally posted by saniner:
James is the guy im most excited to see in preseason. Hopefully he gets some reps early

I think all 9er fans are most excited to see LMJ beast on third stringers

you were more excited than he was lol
Originally posted by NinerG94:
The same has been said about Sproles and those same people would be wrong. I personally dont think Jame's ceiling as anywhere near Sproles but that remains to be seen. I personally thought Spoles was a much better prospect coming out of college. Don't get me wrong I think James has a ton of potential but I just don't think he's going to look that fast at this level. I think he's a closer comparison to Hunter than Sproles.

i think you're right
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

you were more excited than he was lol

Yeah... I guess so lol
Fly sweep...that's going to be cool, but I expect to see little guy up the middle quite a few times as well, if we can develop some lateral motion in the up front blocking and get him running a little counter back up the gut, he is hard to contain in a broken field.
Still would have taken Fleener, and Turbin over Jenkins and LMJ...would have resigned Morgan instead of Moss too...but my but is firmly in a chair come sundays, and Harbaugh's is on the line 24/7 so I'll differ to the pros...just sit here and switch between scratch'n my head and my ass! GO NINERS! GO LMJ!!!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Aug 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone