LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by va_niners_fan:
he's no sproles but i rather have him than dixon

Agree. Hope it was more first game tightness. I was not impressed.

You guys were able to come to this conclusion after the very first pre-season game?
For all the hype, I'm not impressed. He looks like our 5th best running back..... Looks like a swing and miss on two 2nd rounders in a row....
I loved it when we drafted him and people were saying he's automatically the 2nd best RB behind Gore and better than Hunter. LOL. Kendall Hunter is clearly our #1.5

I actually liked what I saw from him last night, though. He showed some shifty ability/agility. Just didn't have much running room. I think he's best utilized on swing passes and screens and some inside draws.

A puny version of Darren Sproles.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
For all the hype, I'm not impressed. He looks like our 5th best running back..... Looks like a swing and miss on two 2nd rounders in a row....

Come on that is way to harsh for how little you have seen of both players. What is it you don't like about Keap after seeing him play maybe 4 times?

Its amazing how some of you have such an eye for talent!!! I was going to withhold judgement until I see him get more than 3 carries for 15 yards in his first preseason game, but I guess that would be crazy. 2nd round bust for sure.

Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Its amazing how some of you have such an eye for talent!!! I was going to withhold judgement until I see him get more than 3 carries for 15 yards in his first preseason game, but I guess that would be crazy. 2nd round bust for sure.

Ok, fair on the LMJ comment. However, I dont need to see much of Kap to realize he is not a pocket passer and takes far too many risks.....I see a guy that had success facing 2nd tier college competion by using his superior physical talent.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

What I was really trying to say, is not that LMJ is a bust, but that it seems like a wasted pick because we already have so much talent at RB. Of course, even that comment is probably premature. However, I'll be bummed if he turns out to just be good and not great.
Ok, fair on the LMJ comment. However, I dont need to see much of Kap to realize he is not a pocket passer and takes far too many risks.....I see a guy that had success facing 2nd tier college competion by using his superior physical talent.

Well he hasn't had much time to work on that area of his game yet. They ran a pistol offense in college which had him passing on the run, outside the pocket, and scrambling. He can work on the areas he is not familiar with but it is nice to have a QB that can run when passing isn't an option. As far as risks go he actually doesn't take many I don't know where you are getting that notion.
James is going to be really good, I can't wait to see him catch a pass and make defenders look stupid in the open field.

Originally posted by BayArea:

Well he hasn't had much time to work on that area of his game yet. They ran a pistol offense in college which had him passing on the run, outside the pocket, and scrambling. He can work on the areas he is not familiar with but it is nice to have a QB that can run when passing isn't an option. As far as risks go he actually doesn't take many I don't know where you are getting that notion.

Dude, where do you think he got the name Kaeperpick from? He almost had a pick last night, but the DB dropped it......He's a total gun slinger and is always trying to thread the needle.

Dude, where do you think he got the name Kaeperpick from? He almost had a pick last night, but the DB dropped it......He's a total gun slinger and is always trying to thread the needle.

That's not threading the needle -- that's throwing late to an open receiver with the recovering DB and a perimeter defender making a play on the ball. Threading the needle is throwing into tight coverage on the initial look. Threading the needle implies he knew what he was doing
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

That's not threading the needle -- that's throwing late to an open receiver with the recovering DB and a perimeter defender making a play on the ball. Threading the needle is throwing into tight coverage on the initial look. Threading the needle implies he knew what he was doing

Good point. He does seem about 2 seconds too late.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I expected him to be a little better maybe he needs to adjust to the NFL speed. Those moves he was trying to make might have worked in college but they didnt work against NFL players.
Originally posted by susweel:
I expected him to be a little better maybe he needs to adjust to the NFL speed. Those moves he was trying to make might have worked in college but they didnt work against NFL players.

maiocco said that he thinks the niners are hiding LMJ, that they have a lot in store for him against GB. I dont know about that, we'll see
Share 49ersWebzone