There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Wow comparing a Rookie to an irate a*****e who believed he was entitled to playing, thats kinda low don't you think?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,490
Way too early to judge anything about AJ Jenkins. He's a rookie...we will see how he is doing in 2013 season.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Wow comparing a Rookie to an irate a*****e who believed he was entitled to playing, thats kinda low don't you think?

comparing him to a superbowl champion who actually had game and ran over people.. NO
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by SkyGod:
What really pisses me off as well about taking Jenkins with our #1 pick is that the 49ers had all of Martin Hill Randle Wilson & Fleener in for pre draft workouts and still couldn't get it right.

Oh well Baalke & Harbaugh prove they human too. But better learn from mistakes can't keep screwing up with our #1 picks.

Um, just refresh my memory about how they "keep" screwing up with our #1 picks will you?

Yeah, our picks have been very good. The 2011 draft was amazing, and the 2012 draft not bad....really not known yet. Some injuries to the OLB depth we looked to add, and LMJ was a great pick (though less than two months ago, we would have thought of him as a great unknown). Jenkins frankly started the season deep on the depth chart. He most likely needs more time to work and show his potential. LMJ worked hard, and had a very good opportunity present itself.
In the pre season Jenkins seemed to have a good rapport with Kaep in the pre season, he caught most of the passes his way from Kaep, not as much from Alex, now we just need to see it in a game that matters, and the rest of our "good" ps receivers are long gone now we need him to show up because I doubt we can budget a good receiver in the off season, and we have a few more important positions we need in the draft.
Originally posted by English:
Um, just refresh my memory about how they "keep" screwing up with our #1 picks will you?


I meant that as in future #1 picks and not past #1's.
At this point I think it is too early to indicate what Jenkins professional talents will be. Great in college; unsure about the pros. He needs to prove himself wihat all due haste!

Sounds harsh, I know, but what I have learned with the QB situation is that what is best for the team is not an emotional decision; it is one based on knowledge that the average or below average fan does not have. (This clearly includes me.)

That being said, I like Jenkins; I think he will workout. IF not to be sure Coach Jimmy will not hesitate to cut the 9ers losses and move the Hell on to more fertile ground.. Cold but true.

And, as a FAN, I'll allow it!
i'm not sure about jenkins. Some rookies get on the field, and succeed. Some dont...Not sure why...depth, opportunity whatever. Maybe he'll get his shot a bit more next year. But, with manningham coming back, crabtree, and most likely williams, and moss...I doubt he makes the team. we'll see I guess...
One thing I would think that he would bring to the table is his ability to catch Kaep's Rocket fast ball. It was noted that he had huge hands and I remember him catching a fast ball in the back of the endzone from Kaep in the pre-season.
Originally posted by valrod33:
They are purposely not using him and saving him for the Super Bowl, remember Roman said they like to keep their best cards hidden until they need them? Well thats what they are doing with Jenkins.

The Ravens will see him on the field and not even cover him and thats when he will strike. He will have 8 catches for 175 yards and 2 TDs and be named super bowl MVP in a losing effort

BOOK IT


I hope someone sews your butt shut and force feeds you a gallon of chili.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
i'm not sure about jenkins. Some rookies get on the field, and succeed. Some dont...Not sure why...depth, opportunity whatever. Maybe he'll get his shot a bit more next year. But, with manningham coming back, crabtree, and most likely williams, and moss...I doubt he makes the team. we'll see I guess...


I think Jenkins needs to perfect punt and kick return duties. If he is not playing too many snaps at Wr the niners need a KR because Ginn is not coming back. Jenkins has the speed, lets see what he can do.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by valrod33:
They are purposely not using him and saving him for the Super Bowl, remember Roman said they like to keep their best cards hidden until they need them? Well thats what they are doing with Jenkins.

The Ravens will see him on the field and not even cover him and thats when he will strike. He will have 8 catches for 175 yards and 2 TDs and be named super bowl MVP in a losing effort

BOOK IT


I hope someone sews your butt shut and force feeds you a gallon of chili.

This pick makes me sick.
Even balmer did something
IMO there is a huge possibility this guy doesnt even make the roster next year.