LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows AJ Jenkins says he plans to spend part if the offseason in Atlanta training with Colin Kaepernick.

Kaep keeps in shape and it will help build some trust and chemistry. Good move by Jenkins lets hope it pays off next season. We could use his speed cuz Kaep has the arm to get him the ball

Some good news. Thank f**k.
AJ's next year is going to be crucial for this team, esp. with Manningham and Williams coming back from injuries.
Jenkins is the last player on my mind right now, I don't care if he develops this off season or not, we can't wait for him, or waste any time hoping he does doesn't do something, bring in more wide outs have plenty of open competition, if he makes the team fine, if not cut him, I could really care less. I'm sure he is talking big about the off season, his career depends on an amazing turn around, good luck kid.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Gotta love the attitude, he didn't do anything this season but it's still to early to call him a bust

He said he'd go home to Jacksonville for a "couple of days" and, as soon as he could, return to Santa Clarato work with strength coach Mark Uyeyama. He also said he would spend time in Atlanta with Kaepernick and continue working on their chemistry.

"Obviously, I want to contribute a lot more than I have been," Jenkins said. "So I'm going to make that happen and come back bigger, faster, stronger.

"Obviously, they made me a first-round choice for that purpose," he said. "I'm going to accountable this offseason and make myself the kind of player that they want me to be.

"Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/02/aj-jenkins-to-train-with-kaepernick-wants-to-return-a-totally-different-player.html#storylink=cpy

He had all year to train and run the hill with Jerry Rice. Did he do it? He got to also learn from the self-proclaimed best WR of all time in Randy Moss. Did he learn anything? He had all year to eat right, hit the gym, work out and bulk up like Crabtree has done. Did he do it? We lost Williams and Hunter and Manningham to critical injuries and did he earn his way onto the field? In the Superbowl, even Ginn got a shot at a TD pass/catch.

Let's just wait and see if he does anything.
Originally posted by NCommand:
He had all year to train and run the hill with Jerry Rice. Did he do it? He got to also learn from the self-proclaimed best WR of all time in Randy Moss. Did he learn anything? He had all year to eat right, hit the gym, work out and bulk up like Crabtree has done. Did he do it? We lost Williams and Hunter and Manningham to critical injuries and did he earn his way onto the field? In the Superbowl, even Ginn got a shot at a TD pass/catch.

I agree. Given his awful first season, I'm inclined to believe his quotes are nothing more than lip service.
Originally posted by NCommand:

As much as I want to be optimistic, you are 100% right. He has all the resources, why not use them?
My biggest issue with the AJ Jenkins pick is this....

Last year (2011 season), one of the biggest issues for the Niners was converting 3rd down plays and red zone trips into TDs.... So, what do they do? They pass on Coby Fleener, the TE from Stanford who is a huge 6'6" target, has a 35"+ vertical leap, has great hands, and knows Harbaugh's system!! Do any of you think that he might have been of some help in the SB, where the Niners were 2 for 9 on 3rd down and 2 for 6 in the red zone?

I love Baalke but he blew it big time with that Jenkins pick.
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Feb 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM ]
He's saying the right things, but we will see.....Hope he comes back strong just not holding my breath on it...
0 catches for 0 yards on the entire season. A sack of potatoes is more useful than he was this year.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
0 catches for 0 yards on the entire season. A sack of potatoes is more useful than he was this year.

Show me.
He proves that our coaches weakness in WR. Either in development or scouting. Wouldn't be surprised by a high profile FA signing in next 2 years.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
He proves that our coaches weakness in WR. Either in development or scouting. Wouldn't be surprised by a high profile FA signing in next 2 years.

with the upcoming contracts that will be super hard

It's a weakness off of one player? A late first round pick? Lol ok
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

It's a weakness off of one player? A late first round pick? Lol ok
RoJo
Share 49ersWebzone