LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Stephen Hill named starter for Jets

Currently, AJ Jenkins is our #5 WR. If we had gone with Hill (like I was hoping ), would Hill be any higher up our board right now? Or is our WR corp so deep that both guys would have rode the pine?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Currently, AJ Jenkins is our #5 WR. If we had gone with Hill (like I was hoping ), would Hill be any higher up our board right now? Or is our WR corp so deep that both guys would have rode the pine?

its always possible

I think Hill would be exactly where AJJ is on the depth chart, if I am to believe these quotes from Rotoworld...

( I still want(ed) Hill over AJJ, but I am fine with the way things are, for now )

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini nominates second-round WR Stephen Hill as the Jets' "biggest disappointment" heading into the season.
"Talented, but oh so raw," writes Cimini. "Needs time to develop, but he doesn't have that luxury on this team." Hill has been lost as an NFL route runner after being limited to "go" routes in Georgia Tech's run-dominant offense. He's not worthy of a roster spot in redraft fantasy leagues. Sep 4 -

Coach Rex Ryan confirmed that Stephen Hill will start Sunday's opener against the Bills.
Even though Hill looked extremely raw in the preseason, Ryan doesn't really have a choice. The Jets used a second-round pick on Hill and are woefully thin at wideout. He's a bench stash in Dynasty formats. Sep 6 -
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I think Baalke might have f**ked up but Im willing to give the year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

you must have forgot the motto this year. trust in Baalke
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Hill's got the talent. IDK why he was never given more opportunities.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:

oh yes I forgot everything baalke touches turns to gold and Im just a hater because I question his greatness.

It has more to do with their s**tty WR core...They have to plug and play a rookie because there is no one else.

"There's little surprise in the announcement. The Jets are paper thin at receiver and Hill is the obvious choice, despite his uneven preseason."
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:

oh yes I forgot everything baalke touches turns to gold and Im just a hater because I question his greatness.

For what it's worth, I thought Aldon Smith was a bad pick. But I was really disappointed when we didn't select Hill. His size / speed combo was just too good IMO (especially with an older version Randy here to mentor). But I guess it doesn't matter now.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
......god you people make me laugh....the reason Stephen Hill is a starter for the Jets is because every other receiver on their roster besides Holmes is lucky to be in the NFL.....

The names behind Holmes and Hill are as follows

Clyde Gates - career stats after 1 year are 2 receptions for 19 yards
Jeremy Kerley - career stats after 1 year are 29 reception for 314 yards and 1 TD - IMHO he has a chance to be something
Chaz Schilens - career stats after 4 years are 72 receptions for 902 yards and 7 TDs(crabtree basically had this production last season alone)
Patrick Turner - career stats after 3 years are 10 receptions for 122 yards and 1 TD

he is behind Holmes
career stats - 338 receptions for 5,235 yards and 34 TDs

Wow I'm sorry the 4 people Hill is in front off has combine 8 years for 113 receptions 1350 yards and 9 TDs

Lets look at who Jenkins is currently behind

Crabtree - 3 years 175 receptions for 2,240 yards and 12 TDs
Ginn - 5 years 159 receptions for 2,047 yards and 6 TDs
Manningham - 4 years 160 receptions for 2,315 yards and 18 TDs
Williams - 2 years 21 receptions for 249 yards and 3 TDs
Moss - 13 years 954 receptions for 14,858 yards and 153 TDs

Jenkins is behind a combined 25 years (12 without moss) of experience that have a total of 21,709 yards or 6851 without moss
and a td total of 192 or 39 without Moss
a total receptions of 1,469 or 515 moss.....

If we had drafted Hill he would be in the exact same spot that Jenkins is so quit bagging on Jenkins and let it play out how it will. You should all have faith in Baalke for this pick -- I think he has clearly won the fans confidence with his track record.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM ]

^^ All I'm saying is a 6'4" / 6'5" receiver with 4.38 speed is tantalizing!
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Sep 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran

lmao nice edit ^_^ yes i did rant but its cause its true. We had our choice and picked the 6'1" receiver with 4.3 speed over the 6'5" receiver with 4.3 speed for a reason. That isn't the point though, the point is that we clearly have a method to our madness no matter who we picked at 30, they would be waiting at the bottom of the DC whether it be Jenkins, Hill, or Randle. JH and Baalke have stacked our receiving corp so much that any of the #1 round picks would be under no pressure to perform early on.
Originally posted by sfout:

lmao nice edit ^_^ yes i did rant but its cause its true. We had our choice and picked the 6'1" receiver with 4.3 speed over the 6'5" receiver with 4.3 speed for a reason. That isn't the point though, the point is that we clearly have a method to our madness no matter who we picked at 30, they would be waiting at the bottom of the DC whether it be Jenkins, Hill, or Randle. JH and Baalke have stacked our receiving corp so much that any of the #1 round picks would be under no pressure to perform early on.

I actually read the last part of your post
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I actually read the last part of your post

haha all in good fun
Well he was active on gameday.... Did he get any play time in? I never noticed him...
Share 49ersWebzone