There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
he's our future #2 receiver

who is our future #1?
Crabtree has another 2 years, then I doubt he resigns. Moss will be gone by then, and probably Manningham too.

Or are you suggesting Vernon #1 and Jenkins #2?

not on the roster at the moment

I'll take the bait...

FA or Draftee?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
he's our future #2 receiver

who is our future #1?
Crabtree has another 2 years, then I doubt he resigns. Moss will be gone by then, and probably Manningham too.

Or are you suggesting Vernon #1 and Jenkins #2?

not on the roster at the moment

I'll take the bait...

FA or Draftee?

Draftee
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
he's our future #2 receiver

who is our future #1?
Crabtree has another 2 years, then I doubt he resigns. Moss will be gone by then, and probably Manningham too.

Or are you suggesting Vernon #1 and Jenkins #2?

not on the roster at the moment

I'll take the bait...

FA or Draftee?

Draftee

One of the Tennessee boys? Hunter or Rogers, you like?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
he's our future #2 receiver

who is our future #1?
Crabtree has another 2 years, then I doubt he resigns. Moss will be gone by then, and probably Manningham too.

Or are you suggesting Vernon #1 and Jenkins #2?

not on the roster at the moment

I'll take the bait...

FA or Draftee?

Draftee

One of the Tennessee boys? Hunter or Rogers, you like?

Wont be this year. I do predict a new KR/PR who just might be a WR but wont be that guy.

Once Crabs leaves we go back to WR very early. At that point Jenkins and Williams will be able body vets who will be holding down the #2 and #3 spots at a reasonable price. Add in the the above mentioned guy who will be sitting where Ginn is now but actually catching passes.

Whoever it is, we arent looking for him now.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Wont be this year. I do predict a new KR/PR who just might be a WR but wont be that guy.

Once Crabs leaves we go back to WR very early. At that point Jenkins and Williams will be able body vets who will be holding down the #2 and #3 spots at a reasonable price. Add in the the above mentioned guy who will be sitting where Ginn is now but actually catching passes.

Whoever it is, we arent looking for him now.

Link? No, just kidding. I know it's your speculation and that's cool. I'd be fine with us going back to the late-1st-rd-well again in the next draft though. WRs can take a while to become all-around ready, so maybe draft a rd 1-2 WR next season to develop. It's not looking like we would have a ton of needs to burn our ton of picks on. That's a discussion for a different section of WZ and at a later time though. Peace!
One step at a time, the goat didn't appear to be the goat, slow 40, had only 50+ catches and lots of drops etc....time will tell.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Link? No, just kidding. I know it's your speculation and that's cool. I'd be fine with us going back to the late-1st-rd-well again in the next draft though. WRs can take a while to become all-around ready, so maybe draft a rd 1-2 WR next season to develop. It's not looking like we would have a ton of needs to burn our ton of picks on. That's a discussion for a different section of WZ and at a later time though. Peace!

If this and last draft was any indication and the way we manage to find decent UDFA, all those low picks should be packaged if there is someone that is must have still avail.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Link? No, just kidding. I know it's your speculation and that's cool. I'd be fine with us going back to the late-1st-rd-well again in the next draft though. WRs can take a while to become all-around ready, so maybe draft a rd 1-2 WR next season to develop. It's not looking like we would have a ton of needs to burn our ton of picks on. That's a discussion for a different section of WZ and at a later time though. Peace!

If this and last draft was any indication and the way we manage to find decent UDFA, all those low picks should be packaged if there is someone that is must have still avail.

Works for me too. No problem with us packaging picks to move up for a stud.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Wont be this year. I do predict a new KR/PR who just might be a WR but wont be that guy.

Once Crabs leaves we go back to WR very early. At that point Jenkins and Williams will be able body vets who will be holding down the #2 and #3 spots at a reasonable price. Add in the the above mentioned guy who will be sitting where Ginn is now but actually catching passes.

Whoever it is, we arent looking for him now.

Link? No, just kidding. I know it's your speculation and that's cool. I'd be fine with us going back to the late-1st-rd-well again in the next draft though. WRs can take a while to become all-around ready, so maybe draft a rd 1-2 WR next season to develop. It's not looking like we would have a ton of needs to burn our ton of picks on. That's a discussion for a different section of WZ and at a later time though. Peace!

Actually I could make a case to use all 12 picks....seriously. with cash very low next year the draft will be super important to fill lots of holes and get some future monsters.

OT-need a new #3
C/G-Goodwin is gone so we need a new backup to replace Kilgore and L Davis will be gone
OLB-might need 2 of them
ILB-Grand and Gooden could be gone
NT-Ice and RJF could be gone
FS-Goldson could be gone
WR- Moss and Ginn could be gone
RB-might need a power back to replace Jacobs
TE- compete with Celek
CB- compete with Brock
i think jenkins can be a #1 if he gains some muscle

he has the speed to beat you deep
has quickness to gain seperation
understands defenses well and can sit in soft spots in zone
definitely fast and elusive enough to be homerun threat


really his only weakness is can he build enough strength to break tackles and beat press coverage
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i think jenkins can be a #1 if he gains some muscle

he has the speed to beat you deep
has quickness to gain seperation
understands defenses well and can sit in soft spots in zone
definitely fast and elusive enough to be homerun threat


really his only weakness is can he build enough strength to break tackles and beat press coverage

I do think he will be okay with our coaching staff understanding how to use him and also our strength and conditioning team knowing what to do to get the kid ready for the NFL.
Stephen Hill named starter for Jets

Currently, AJ Jenkins is our #5 WR. If we had gone with Hill (like I was hoping ), would Hill be any higher up our board right now? Or is our WR corp so deep that both guys would have rode the pine?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Stephen Hill named starter for Jets

Currently, AJ Jenkins is our #5 WR. If we had gone with Hill (like I was hoping ), would Hill be any higher up our board right now? Or is our WR corp so deep that both guys would have rode the pine?

its always possible
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Stephen Hill named starter for Jets

Currently, AJ Jenkins is our #5 WR. If we had gone with Hill (like I was hoping ), would Hill be any higher up our board right now? Or is our WR corp so deep that both guys would have rode the pine?

I think Hill would be exactly where AJJ is on the depth chart, if I am to believe these quotes from Rotoworld...

( I still want(ed) Hill over AJJ, but I am fine with the way things are, for now )

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini nominates second-round WR Stephen Hill as the Jets' "biggest disappointment" heading into the season.
"Talented, but oh so raw," writes Cimini. "Needs time to develop, but he doesn't have that luxury on this team." Hill has been lost as an NFL route runner after being limited to "go" routes in Georgia Tech's run-dominant offense. He's not worthy of a roster spot in redraft fantasy leagues. Sep 4 -

Coach Rex Ryan confirmed that Stephen Hill will start Sunday's opener against the Bills.
Even though Hill looked extremely raw in the preseason, Ryan doesn't really have a choice. The Jets used a second-round pick on Hill and are woefully thin at wideout. He's a bench stash in Dynasty formats. Sep 6 -
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Stephen Hill named starter for Jets

Currently, AJ Jenkins is our #5 WR. If we had gone with Hill (like I was hoping ), would Hill be any higher up our board right now? Or is our WR corp so deep that both guys would have rode the pine?

I think Baalke might have f**ked up but Im willing to give the year.