There are 174 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Did they actually said that Jenkins will be inactive Sunday or is it just some guy that blogged his opinion....

Reporters opinion - However with Ginn likely out I doubt Jenkins is withheld as well. Especially with Jacobs also possibly out at RB -- look for both Jenkins and James to active.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Did they actually said that Jenkins will be inactive Sunday or is it just some guy that blogged his opinion....

i would use him as a secret weapon. if he's on the field, i doubt he sees much attention from the secondary. he could pop one deep with moss getting at least a couple of dbs covering him. would be nice to see
Originally posted by 1swift:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
he's our future #2 receiver

who is our future #1?
Crabtree has another 2 years, then I doubt he resigns. Moss will be gone by then, and probably Manningham too.

Or are you suggesting Vernon #1 and Jenkins #2?
Crabtree will want Jackson money, and he's a number 2 at best... Maybe he's thinking Moss will play tell he's Jerry Rice's age!

I disagree with a lot of the Crabtree hate, I see a lot more value in him as a player than what appears to be the majority of 49er fans...but I don't doubt he'll want an inflated contract (Especially if this season is any good) given his history.

He might be in for a Goldson type situation where eh's overvalued himself and the market will show him that. I could see him returning if this is the case.

I'm not hating on Crabtree, I just call it as I see... Hold out as a rookie, most likely will want hugh money. Second he's never had 1000 yards season, history of foot injuries, first time ever being in a full training camp... Time to show up boy if you want that next big deal!

who is our future #1?
Crabtree has another 2 years, then I doubt he resigns. Moss will be gone by then, and probably Manningham too.

not on the roster at the moment
Originally posted by jreff22:

who is our future #1?

I'll take the bait...

FA or Draftee?

who is our future #1?

I'll take the bait...

FA or Draftee?

Draftee

who is our future #1?

I'll take the bait...

FA or Draftee?

Draftee

One of the Tennessee boys? Hunter or Rogers, you like?
Originally posted by oldman9er:

who is our future #1?

I'll take the bait...

FA or Draftee?

Draftee

One of the Tennessee boys? Hunter or Rogers, you like?

Wont be this year. I do predict a new KR/PR who just might be a WR but wont be that guy.

Once Crabs leaves we go back to WR very early. At that point Jenkins and Williams will be able body vets who will be holding down the #2 and #3 spots at a reasonable price. Add in the the above mentioned guy who will be sitting where Ginn is now but actually catching passes.

Whoever it is, we arent looking for him now.
Wont be this year. I do predict a new KR/PR who just might be a WR but wont be that guy.

Once Crabs leaves we go back to WR very early. At that point Jenkins and Williams will be able body vets who will be holding down the #2 and #3 spots at a reasonable price. Add in the the above mentioned guy who will be sitting where Ginn is now but actually catching passes.

Link? No, just kidding. I know it's your speculation and that's cool. I'd be fine with us going back to the late-1st-rd-well again in the next draft though. WRs can take a while to become all-around ready, so maybe draft a rd 1-2 WR next season to develop. It's not looking like we would have a ton of needs to burn our ton of picks on. That's a discussion for a different section of WZ and at a later time though. Peace!
One step at a time, the goat didn't appear to be the goat, slow 40, had only 50+ catches and lots of drops etc....time will tell.

Link? No, just kidding. I know it's your speculation and that's cool. I'd be fine with us going back to the late-1st-rd-well again in the next draft though. WRs can take a while to become all-around ready, so maybe draft a rd 1-2 WR next season to develop. It's not looking like we would have a ton of needs to burn our ton of picks on. That's a discussion for a different section of WZ and at a later time though. Peace!

If this and last draft was any indication and the way we manage to find decent UDFA, all those low picks should be packaged if there is someone that is must have still avail.
Originally posted by WildBill:

If this and last draft was any indication and the way we manage to find decent UDFA, all those low picks should be packaged if there is someone that is must have still avail.

Works for me too. No problem with us packaging picks to move up for a stud.

Actually I could make a case to use all 12 picks....seriously. with cash very low next year the draft will be super important to fill lots of holes and get some future monsters.

OT-need a new #3
C/G-Goodwin is gone so we need a new backup to replace Kilgore and L Davis will be gone
OLB-might need 2 of them
ILB-Grand and Gooden could be gone
NT-Ice and RJF could be gone
FS-Goldson could be gone
WR- Moss and Ginn could be gone
RB-might need a power back to replace Jacobs
TE- compete with Celek
CB- compete with Brock
i think jenkins can be a #1 if he gains some muscle

he has the speed to beat you deep
has quickness to gain seperation
understands defenses well and can sit in soft spots in zone
definitely fast and elusive enough to be homerun threat

really his only weakness is can he build enough strength to break tackles and beat press coverage
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i think jenkins can be a #1 if he gains some muscle

he has the speed to beat you deep
has quickness to gain seperation
understands defenses well and can sit in soft spots in zone
definitely fast and elusive enough to be homerun threat

really his only weakness is can he build enough strength to break tackles and beat press coverage

I do think he will be okay with our coaching staff understanding how to use him and also our strength and conditioning team knowing what to do to get the kid ready for the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone