There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Cause Green and Jenkins have the same first name, and Green had a good rookie year.

Haha ok :) GO niners!!!!!
Originally posted by FnkyPhantom:
Watched Illinois football the last two years, thanks to my best friend being a former Illini. Jenkins is a good receiver...not great. Has the wheels though and can stretch the field. Not much of a blocker and dropped passes between the hash marks. Not 1st round talent and probably a 2/3 receiver at this level. But great stats last year at Illinois. Could have got him cheaper and later in the draft. Joins a now crowded receiving staff. We'll see if he creates much impact this year. Kind of a surprise pick but hope he can contribute.

He was the entire Illinois offense and was keyed in by opposing defenses.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by afflecksloverboy:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Well this means Williams is gone. And so much for Crabs playing in the slot.

Baalke said we may carry 6 WRs during the season

Moss, Crabs, Manningham, Williams, Ginn, and Jenkins.......maybe?

If we only dress 5 it will be between Williams and Jenkins

Laughed out loud when I read this...Niner Talk at it's finest.

on gamedays we wont dress 6 WR's so you dress 5, the last spot will be between jenkins and williams

Still laughing.

because you dont understand how the numbers work....?

No because you dont think our first round pick will dress on Sundays.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 74,784
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by jreff22:
still a big reach, yes Aldon was but not this big of a reach

Most analysis I have heard, say that Jenkins was projected to go near the top of the 2nd, so how is that a "reach" at 30?

draftscout 58
otc 83
MD 52
NFP 167

lol
I can dig it. Think we could've got him later, but solid player.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by afflecksloverboy:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Well this means Williams is gone. And so much for Crabs playing in the slot.

Baalke said we may carry 6 WRs during the season

Moss, Crabs, Manningham, Williams, Ginn, and Jenkins.......maybe?

If we only dress 5 it will be between Williams and Jenkins

Laughed out loud when I read this...Niner Talk at it's finest.

on gamedays we wont dress 6 WR's so you dress 5, the last spot will be between jenkins and williams

Still laughing.

because you dont understand how the numbers work....?

No because you dont think our first round pick will dress on Sundays.

wont dress over Crabs, wont dress over Moss, wont dress over Ginn

so we have Manningham, Jenkins, and Williams...the only one's who have NFL experience are Ham and Williams. Until Jenkins shows he can start he wont take a spot away from Manningham. So the last spot is between Jenkins and Williams to dress on Sunday.
He doesn't have the YAC ability that Cruz has. And that ESP to know exactly where to be to help his QB out. Here's a comp: Greg Jennings.

I've watched Youtube highlights so you can trust what I say to be true.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Apr 26, 2012 at 9:09 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
didn't expect it but I'm excited about this pick
He wasn't projected this high by people who don't have real nfl jobs, terrible pick baalke
[ Edited by RonMexico on Apr 26, 2012 at 9:09 PM ]
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Upvote to the top of the internet!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by jreff22:
still a big reach, yes Aldon was but not this big of a reach

Most analysis I have heard, say that Jenkins was projected to go near the top of the 2nd, so how is that a "reach" at 30?

draftscout 58
otc 83
MD 52
NFP 167

He was a late riser on a lot of teams boards. That is what many reporters are stating.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
He wasn't projected this high by people who don't have real nfl jobs, terrible pick baalke

Haha. Well said
Originally posted by afflecksloverboy:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by jreff22:
still a big reach, yes Aldon was but not this big of a reach

Most analysis I have heard, say that Jenkins was projected to go near the top of the 2nd, so how is that a "reach" at 30?

draftscout 58
otc 83
MD 52
NFP 167

lol

like the kid but we could of shot up the 2nd and taken him
dp
[ Edited by jreff22 on Apr 26, 2012 at 9:13 PM ]