There are 117 users in the forums

Frank Gore HOF material?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
RB's who aren't in the hall and have had better careers than Frank Gore thus far...

Fred Taylor
Curtis Martin
Edgerrin James
Ricky Waters
Warrick Dunn
Jamal Lewis
Corey Dillon
Eddie George
Shaun Alexander (sadly)
Tiki Barber (arguably)
Priest Holmes
Jerome Bettis
Terrell Davis (debatable)
Roger Craig

What Frank needs is more years, yards, TD's, and a ring. Otherwise, he'll be chllin' with these guys waiting to get in.

Martin is in the Hall of Fame. Inducted this year. http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7540873/new-york-jets-running-back-curtis-martin-elected-pro-football-hall-fame

If Frank finishes strong like Martin did late in his career, he has just as good a shot as anybody. For his career he has averaged a much higher yards-per-carry than Martin on far worse teams.

Now that he is on a good team, he has a good chance to finish strong. Like other's have said, health and longevity are key for the Hall-of-Fame. Martin rarely got hurt, that's why he is in the Hall.
Is James and the Buss even eligable yet?
Not even close...
Lol
No

Love Frank but he is not a HOF rb, and people saying he needs a couple rings, I doubt he even plays another 2 years
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
RB's who aren't in the hall and have had better careers than Frank Gore thus far...

Fred Taylor
Curtis Martin
Edgerrin James
Ricky Waters
Warrick Dunn
Jamal Lewis
Corey Dillon
Eddie George
Shaun Alexander (sadly)
Tiki Barber (arguably)
Priest Holmes
Jerome Bettis
Terrell Davis (debatable)
Roger Craig

What Frank needs is more years, yards, TD's, and a ring. Otherwise, he'll be chllin' with these guys waiting to get in.

Martin is in the Hall of Fame. Inducted this year. http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7540873/new-york-jets-running-back-curtis-martin-elected-pro-football-hall-fame

If Frank finishes strong like Martin did late in his career, he has just as good a shot as anybody. For his career he has averaged a much higher yards-per-carry than Martin on far worse teams.

Now that he is on a good team, he has a good chance to finish strong. Like other's have said, health and longevity are key for the Hall-of-Fame. Martin rarely got hurt, that's why he is in the Hall.

That's a big IF. A bunch of players on that list have had much better careers than Gore. He'll have to dominate another 3-4 years to even be considered.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
If gire makes it, I make it!@!@!
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Frank is great Niner. He is not a hall of famer. He only has couple years left in the tank and just over 7600 total rushing yards.
In the current era he'd need to get to 12,000 + for consideration in my mind. He's not gonna make it. I hope we get Frank
a SuperBowl ring though. He deserves it.

The man has over 10,000 all purpose yards. Worthy to me, especially when you consider the fact that he carried the whole offense on his shoulders for a majority of his career with a mediocre line at best... & no QB... & no WRs.
[ Edited by 49Perspectives on Apr 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM ]
Lol
f**k Frank Gore, he sucks.
Unfortunately no. Had he been able to keep his all purpose yards as high as they were early in his career he would have had a shot. Early in his career i honestly thought he had as good a chance as anyone to get 1000 receiving and 1000 rushing in a season. Unfortunately he went the way of the bell cow, and his career was mishandled largely by incompetent coaching, and lack of talent around him.

He's one of the all-time greatest in my eyes...but no he shouldn't be in the hall of fame. He doesn't have the numbers or production needed to get in. You can blame that on the team for not opening holes for him, and him always being hurt.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
no
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

By the looks of it, it could be his last year next year.
  • ACUK
  • Veteran
Frank has been a good player, but I don't think he has done enough yet to get into the HOF, I want to see Roger Craig in first.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
No way...and it's not even close.
Share 49ersWebzone