LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Frank Gore HOF material?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
RB's who aren't in the hall and have had better careers than Frank Gore thus far...

Fred Taylor
Curtis Martin
Edgerrin James
Ricky Waters
Warrick Dunn
Jamal Lewis
Corey Dillon
Eddie George
Shaun Alexander (sadly)
Tiki Barber (arguably)
Priest Holmes
Jerome Bettis
Terrell Davis (debatable)
Roger Craig

What Frank needs is more years, yards, TD's, and a ring. Otherwise, he'll be chllin' with these guys waiting to get in.
It would be great to see him make it. If we can score 2 rings before he retires I say his chances goes up big time.
I say no atm, in this era he would need 10,000+ yds rushing 80+ tds, the only way I can see him getting in, if he doesn't reach any of the plateau's I've mentioned, are if he does something memorable in a playoff game to get us to a SB or in a SB.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
One of the best ever if it wasn't for his nagging knee injuries....
but he did have those injuries so hes not one of the best ever. hes awesome for us but the HOF wont even look at a RB who hasnt won a rushing title before. closest he came was being beaten by LT in 06 or 07 i believe. he was 5 yards away from 1700 yards too
No.
  • bors
  • Veteran
that would be a difficult speech to listen to
Needs 10000+ yards and a Super Bowl. Otherwise, no.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
RB's who aren't in the hall and have had better careers than Frank Gore thus far...

Fred Taylor
Curtis Martin
Edgerrin James
Ricky Waters
Warrick Dunn
Jamal Lewis
Corey Dillon
Eddie George
Shaun Alexander (sadly)
Tiki Barber (arguably)
Priest Holmes
Jerome Bettis
Roger Craig

What Frank needs is more years, yards, TD's, and a ring. Otherwise, he'll be chllin' with these guys waiting to get in.

Martin is in the Hall of Fame. Inducted this year. http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7540873/new-york-jets-running-back-curtis-martin-elected-pro-football-hall-fame
no
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Fred Taylor
Curtis Martin
Edgerrin James
Ricky Waters
Warrick Dunn
Jamal Lewis
Corey Dillon
Eddie George
Shaun Alexander (sadly)
Tiki Barber (arguably)
Priest Holmes
Jerome Bettis
Roger Craig

I dont think Roger Craig was better than Frank, in fact I think he's a product of Montana and Rice

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm Here is a link to the all time rushes after looking at this there are a lot of guys ahead of him who wouldn't make the hall of fame.
Nope! He'll be in the 49ers Hall of Fame but not the NFL Hall of Fame.
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Apr 15, 2012 at 4:14 PM ]
The only way Frank Gore is getting into the HOF is if he's punching tickets at the front door.........

Ok, too much....
not even close
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
One of the best ever if it wasn't for his nagging knee injuries....
but he did have those injuries so hes not one of the best ever. hes awesome for us but the HOF wont even look at a RB who hasnt won a rushing title before. closest he came was being beaten by LT in 06 or 07 i believe. he was 5 yards away from 1700 yards too

what part of, "one of the best ever IF it WAS NOT for his knee injuries" did you not understand?
Share 49ersWebzone