There are 246 users in the forums

Frank Gore HOF material?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
What you guys aren't taking into account is Frank's popularity league-wide, everyone respects the guy, and seeing how the hall of fame is a popularity contest as much as it is about stats, he has a decent chance.

I hope this is the case. Frank Gore is much more than a player that'll show up in the stat book. He's been one of the best blocking RBs of his era

One of the best Blocking RB's ALL TIME! He also has overcome traumatic knee injurys, broken hips, etc.
Originally posted by niners94:
A couple more 1,000 yard seasons and it's a definite yes. Right now it's probably a no unless we win the 'ship.

DO IT FOR FRANK
Niner ring of honor for sure. And I believe he has the respect of every other coach and player in the league. Dude is a total pro, and a big time gamer. And to think he didn't even start his pro career until after a coupel of major knee surgeries. Incredible.
He gets 2500 more yards and a super bowl he's in
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by niners94:
A couple more 1,000 yard seasons and it's a definite yes. Right now it's probably a no unless we win the 'ship.

DO IT FOR FRANK

Yup
he is HOF material, whether the political process gets him in or not is another question. its actually a massive win for him and his legacy that this is even a legit question given the questions surrounding him when he entered the league.
Frank is under contract through 2014. If he keeps up this level of production, there is a good chance he can crack the Top 10 all-time rushing yards list. If he does, he has to get serious consideration for the HOF. His style is based on vision and footwork, rather than speed and explosion. I think there is a good chance he stays productive the next few years.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Frank is under contract through 2014. If he keeps up this level of production, there is a good chance he can crack the Top 10 all-time rushing yards list. If he does, he has to get serious consideration for the HOF. His style is based on vision and footwork, rather than speed and explosion. I think there is a good chance he stays productive the next few years.

reminds me of curtis martin and thomas jones who were both productive into their 30's
Originally posted by Snider8706:

he gets 2500 more yards he is in for sure regardless. No question. That would put him #9 on the all time list ahead of Jim Brown.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

to maintain a 4.6 career average against the stacked boxes he saw his entire career is just insane. Until the last couple years he was the only true offensive weapon this team had and every defense in the league knew it.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

he gets 2500 more yards he is in for sure regardless. No question. That would put him #9 on the all time list ahead of Jim Brown.

I really think he can do it, it might take him 2+ seasons but he can

I really think he can do it, it might take him 2+ seasons but he can

Only way he doesnt get there is if he decides to retire early. I truly believe if he really wanted to play another 4 years he could do so at a respectable level. I would personally just hate to see him in another uniform. It would break my heart. Its rare in todays NFL that any player, let alone a RB can finish a career like frank has had with one team.
Originally posted by dhp318:
I'm not even sure he's been the best runner in the division the last few seasons.

I love Frank enough to buy an autographed helmet and he is everything you want in a football player but I agree with your statement. Its Lynch hands down.
to maintain a 4.6 career average against the stacked boxes he saw his entire career is just insane. Until the last couple years he was the only true offensive weapon this team had and every defense in the league knew it.

It is crazy, especially early in his career when the offensive scheme was truly garbage AND he often was one of our leading receivers. He was the team lol.
Originally posted by crabman82:
reminds me of curtis martin and thomas jones who were both productive into their 30's

I like those comparisons.
Share 49ersWebzone