LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

Frank Gore HOF material?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
unfortunately no.

its the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Very Good and Consistent.

although they seem to be letting in guys like that now, so technically he has a shot.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
He's the greatest 49ers running back of all time. But, I do not think he is a HOF player.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
[ Edited by okdkid on Apr 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM ]
  • darum
  • Veteran
in order for a guy to get into the HoF he needs to be considered one of the top 1-2 at his position for atleast a good portion of his career. Frank Gore has been good, but early in his career he was overshadowed by LT in his prime and then Adrian Peterson got into the league. Frank was top 5 prob and top 10 for sure, but the vast majority of people would never have ranked him in the top 3 ever in his career.
Not even close........
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Uh... who has been better on a consistent basis?

Please don't say Marshawn...

Why did everyone assume Marshawn, I didn't even consider him. I was obviously talking about Steven Jackson.
I am in Canton right now...i could see Frank's bust here...flew in from Oakland. I will post pics when I get home
I am in Canton right now...i could see Frank's bust here...flew in from Oakland. I will post pics when I get home
Part of being great is staying healthy. Frank has not stayed healthy.

You can't go into the hall based on how you would have finished a season. And thats pretty much the story of Gore's career.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM ]
If he gets a ring, and has two more years of 1000+ yards, he should be a HOF.

Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Uh... who has been better on a consistent basis?

Please don't say Marshawn...

Why did everyone assume Marshawn, I didn't even consider him. I was obviously talking about Steven Jackson.

It's close... Gore's on a better team, probably has a better o-line, has better YPC.
Roger Craig cant seem to get in and his credintials are better then Gores. Nope I like Gore but he isnt getting in.
gore would need two or three rings and a couple of huge years to get in. he was never the best RB in the game from a statistical standpoint.
No. He's never even won a rushing title...
One of the best ever if it wasn't for his nagging knee injuries....
Share 49ersWebzone