There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chris Mortenson "Niners going to win the Super Bowl this year"

f--k mike sando....seahag hack "blogger"

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/62877/bank-on-it-49ers-heading-south-in-2012
Sando's a good blogger. Just because he's using history as a guide for how things may play out doesn't make him a hack. He's done some great analysis of the 49ers and the rest of the NFCW.
[ Edited by Disp on Apr 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/62877/bank-on-it-49ers-heading-south-in-2012

Recent history suggests the 49ers should be thrilled to finish even 10-6 or better this season.

Well, looks like we got ourselves another football Nostradamus here, I'd love to see what his prediction for the 49ers last year was. Thrilled to be 10-6 with the entire defense back and a better offense, sure buddy. Maybe you should lay off the whole prediction business for awhile.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Apr 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Recent history suggests the 49ers should be thrilled to finish even 10-6 or better this season.

Well, looks like we got ourselves another football Nostradamus here, I'd love to see what his prediction for the 49ers last year was. Thrilled to be 10-6 with the entire defense back and a better offense, sure buddy. Maybe you should lay off the whole prediction business for awhile.

Our schedule is much tougher this year. However, I really dont care about our record as much as the ability to get into the playoffs. I cant imagine we wont win at least 10 games though.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Our schedule is much tougher this year. However, I really dont care about our record as much as the ability to get into the playoffs. I cant imagine we wont win at least 10 games though.

Could be, but it might not be, every year good teams emerge from bad teams and good teams turn to crap. We played alot of really good teams last year that nobody thought were going to be good before the season. The very opposite could happen this year. The Saints for example are not going to be the same without Peyton.
Wore a niners tee to the grocery store today. Dude behind the register hi-fived me and said 'we taking it this year'. Truth.
alot of things fell into place last year that led to our 13-3 record. Turnover differencal being the most important in my mind. if our D can keep churning out turnovers and alex can continue to improve without giving the ball up ( and therefore giving our D short fields against them) we ought to be able to atleast get close to our win loss ratio. Also we got that record with a recieving core tht was top five in drops. If they can hold onto the ball it will
not only will improve time of possesion but get some more much needed first downs..

Sando is a scab, he grew up a Raiders fan, then became a full Seattle homer whilst covering them under the Holmgren years. -His positivity towards us lat season has been considered almost fabricated (had no choice but to praise us because we were doing exceptional).

Yeah, this the same piece of s**t that literally wrote a f**king 5 page Obituary after Jim Mora Jr. was fired.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
alot of things fell into place last year that led to our 13-3 record. Turnover differencal being the most important in my mind. if our D can keep churning out turnovers and alex can continue to improve without giving the ball up ( and therefore giving our D short fields against them) we ought to be able to atleast get close to our win loss ratio. Also we got that record with a recieving core tht was top five in drops. If they can hold onto the ball it will
not only will improve time of possesion but get some more much needed first downs..

This. I tend to agree with Sando that our record will be worse. Lol still winning the division lol.
Originally posted by merm49:
Wore a niners tee to the grocery store today. Dude behind the register hi-fived me and said 'we taking it this year'. Truth.

down here in Daygo they just roll their eyes at me.... hahaha!!!
Tougher schedule or not we still play the rams, cards, and sea hawks 2 times each. All we have to do is win the division. Fortunately the NFL post season is more about who's hot not who's best.

Kinda hard to fly under the radar when you go to the conference championship game. I like being the team being in the talks. I want the team on the radar. Why? Because that means the team is finally good. I grew up with the team on the radar every year and it makes it so much more fun. I want the road to the Super Bowl to have to go through the 9ers. That means the team is dominate. People have gotten too comfortable with the attention a bottom feeder gets.

I want this team to be relevent damn it!!!!!!
Not sure that the team will a SB. They have a very good chance. Especially with this defense. But I know one thing, the team is here to stay as a powerhouse team in the league. Not a 1 year wonder. More like the turnaround of New England some years ago.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

This. I tend to agree with Sando that our record will be worse. Lol still winning the division lol.

Ya 12-4 is technically worse.

I have us going 8-0 at home and 4-4 on the road.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Ya 12-4 is technically worse.

I have us going 8-0 at home and 4-4 on the road.

Works for me!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PSYKO5:
down here in Daygo they just roll their eyes at me.... hahaha!!!
in iowa, they just walk around wearing thier vikings shirts with a glazed look on thier face