Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
4-12, book it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
You did not know?it is always better to lose on purpose in order to be able to draft higher
Who's the next super hyped QB? So I can start the "suck for _____" bandwagon.
Since we improved at the RB position and wr position, and second year with the same offensive system, we should be favored to win it all. Even if nothing improved and we get a healthy ginn in the playoffs, we win the sb. So now that we have a better offense with better playmakers and more consistency and the same defense it will again be between the niners gb and new Orleans.

I feel sf and gb will get the bye weeks again and I hope gb comes to sf bc that will be the game to determine who wins the sb from the ravens pats or Houston
Always comes down to who stays the healthiest which is something no one can predict. The Niners were extremely lucky with season ending injuries last year.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Always comes down to who stays the healthiest which is something no one can predict. The Niners were extremely lucky with season ending injuries last year.

Yeah lucky but then again when it mattered the most not lucky at all. At our weakest position, we were injured the most. Wr, if ginn was in we win. If Morgan was in we win. So the injury in the playoffs to ginn cost us a sb, so that was like another team losing a player or players that would cost them a sb, so we were only fortunate during the regular season, where it did not count the most.
The Niners defense is simply THAT good.
If Williams doesn't turn in the worst game by a punt returner in playoff history then the Niners probably win the superbowl last season even though the passing game was s**t.
Ahhh this means nothing to me! Everyone knows they're good. Once you're in the playoffs anything can happen! The NY Giants won last year and Vegas had them booked @ 80-1. Had we signed P. Manning Vegas bookies said we'd the league favorites without him I think we're the 3rd or 4th favorites.
I remember during the 80's and 90's anytime there was Super Bowl talk during the off season it was always mentioned you have to go through the 49ers to get there. Nice to be back.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nflguy49:
If Williams doesn't turn in the worst game by a punt returner in playoff history then the Niners probably win the superbowl last season even though the passing game was s**t.

As i proceed to pummel the decaying horse, if dixon would have gotten one lousy yard on third and one, we could have chewed up the clock, got a field goal at the very least, went up by two scores and the williams factor would not have been a factor at all
we're f**ked now boys and girls........Thanks a lot Mort.....

I know this is off topic but I always find it funny how analyst always say that the NFC East will be the toughest division in football and how we need to watch out for the Cowboys because they will greatly improve.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I know this is off topic but I always find it funny how analyst always say that the NFC East will be the toughest division in football and how we need to watch out for the Cowboys because they will greatly improve.

haha, yup, every year. Yet Cowboys fans all say the same thing "We're not winning sh!t until Jerry sells the team or actually hires football people to run the show" Hey Jer, IT WAS JIMMY, NOT YOU!!!!!!!!
The NIners have one of the most brutal schedules I've seen for them since their glory days. If they can get through that schedule at about 12-4 with a better offense and a defense close to last year's, they'll be battle-tested and have home field advantage in the playoffs. I don't think Mort's prediction is that far fetched.
IMO, you can't really ever legitimately predict a SB champion because it all depends on who you play in the playoffs. Maybe the Giants wouldn't have won it all if they had to play the Saints in the playoffs. Maybe the 2010 Packers wouldn't have won it all if they had to play the Patriots in the SB. Maybe the '09 Saints wouldn't have won it all if they had to play the Packers in the playoffs. Maybe the '08 Steelers wouldn't have won it all if they had to play the Titans in the playoffs, etc. IMO every team has a team that would beat them, it just depends on whether you play them or not.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Seems like Mort is already a believer in the Niners this year. Is that a good or bad thing?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7783964
Mel Kiper is in that video. I honestly don't know why he still has a job. Wasn't he part of the reason we shot ourselves in the foot and drafted Balmer?

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Ex-49er-Balmer-Mel-Kiper-Linked-In-NCAA-Scandal-104898994.html
Share 49ersWebzone