LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Baalke and Harbaugh proved they are great coach and GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Harbaugh and Baalke are? If they are O' So Great then #18 would have been inked to a deal and handing him a a Red Jersey!
Originally posted by excelsior:
I agree with MadDog. The handling of this matter was awkward and avoidable - even amaturish. After all, Baalke is really new at this GM thing and has a great deal to learn. Unfortunately, he won the "NFL Executive of the Year Award" and probably thinks he knows it all already. Things went very swimmingly last year - almost too good. Frankly, things kind of broke our way a bit last year.

How to better handle this? They should have been straight up and open with Alex when they decided to make a try at Manning, and given him a chance to explore his options earlier when they were exploring theirs. When Manning spurned the 49ers, they should have increased their offer to Alex in light of a number of things, one of which was to send a signal to the rest of the team that Alex is truely valued. This way the team will be more inclined to be enthused about the coming year. Instead, they have effectively told the world that they do not think that Alex is very good, and we will see if that has any adverse effect down the road.

There is no doubt that Harbaugh and Baalke are a vast improvement over the previous cast of bumblers, but they are not perfect and each has a little bit to learn yet. Remember, one can argue that Harbaugh lost the NFCC game when he/STs coach failed to instruct Kyle to be more protective of the ball, especially after watching him be reckless twice before the third one put a stake through our heart. The NYG organization was smart enough to order their KR/PR to go down as soon as they fielded the wet ball. Yes, I said it - I think Harbaugh was outcoached that game.

post of the year. haha
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
They proved that they have no class. This was handled horribly

Pointing your finger at others anonymously on the internet claiming they have no class is also a sign of no class.

give him a break..he's just upset that we took aldon smith over jj watt

Yea, he's still pissed we dumped Arnaz Battle, Eric Heitman, Derek Smith
Agreed. Harbaugh said publicly he was elite and the QBOF. "Alex is our quarterback". Everyone, including other teams GM's thought it was a foregone conclusion he would be back as the starter. Even Alex said, the day before Free Agency, there were just some details to work out. If he would have known they were going to look at Manning do you supposed he would have sat around. Does anyone here seriously think that Balke didn't know Manning was interested before last Tuesday's start of free agency? If he was elite and QBOF why did they give him a lowball contract compared to others even less talented, one that made the point that he is keeping the seat warm for Kap. This isn't being truthful or fair to him. Don't think for a minute the other players won't take note of this.

I emerge from my cave to say EVERYTHING IS AWFUL. Growl.

I agree with MadDog. The handling of this matter was awkward and avoidable - even amaturish. After all, Baalke is really new at this GM thing and has a great deal to learn. Unfortunately, he won the "NFL Executive of the Year Award" and probably thinks he knows it all already. Things went very swimmingly last year - almost too good. Frankly, things kind of broke our way a bit last year.

How to better handle this? They should have been straight up and open with Alex when they decided to make a try at Manning, and given him a chance to explore his options earlier when they were exploring theirs. When Manning spurned the 49ers, they should have increased their offer to Alex in light of a number of things, one of which was to send a signal to the rest of the team that Alex is truely valued. This way the team will be more inclined to be enthused about the coming year. Instead, they have effectively told the world that they do not think that Alex is very good, and we will see if that has any adverse effect down the road.

There is no doubt that Harbaugh and Baalke are a vast improvement over the previous cast of bumblers, but they are not perfect and each has a little bit to learn yet. Remember, one can argue that Harbaugh lost the NFCC game when he/STs coach failed to instruct Kyle to be more protective of the ball, especially after watching him be reckless twice before the third one put a stake through our heart. The NYG organization was smart enough to order their KR/PR to go down as soon as they fielded the wet ball. Yes, I said it - I think Harbaugh was outcoached that game.

There's no need to get into a bad deal because Alex might have hurt feelings. I tend to agree with you about telling Alex from the start though because he could have at least increased his value in free agency.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

I emerge from my cave to say EVERYTHING IS AWFUL. Growl.

Wow, this is hilarious.

Stay classy, Niner Talk.

Ease up a little bro, are you gonna hate the FO the more successful we get? Looks like that's where things were headed. I'll take winning over class any day of the week.
Originally posted by 9AldonSmith9:

post of the year. haha

In the Lowell Cohn Lifetime Achievement Category

Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
Harbaugh and Baalke are? If they are O' So Great then #18 would have been inked to a deal and handing him a a Red Jersey!

Don't be NAIVE! 49ers don't have the MONEY! Broncos had buddy that is why Manning went there not cause of CHAMPIONSHIPS cause he won't WIN there! 95 Million and Manning called 49ers not the other way around.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

this had me laughing for days hahaha

post of the year. haha

Smith signed 3 yr deal regardless how is this relevant? Alex should of sign the deal before free agency but instead he though he's worth more.

this had me laughing for days hahaha

3 minutes?
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran

Captain Negative.
Share 49ersWebzone