There are 261 users in the forums

Baalke and Harbaugh proved they are great coach and GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great signing and I know they would not let our QB go.
They proved that they have no class. This was handled horribly
For those that don't like it....I guess you guys are going to pick another team to cheer for then.

Good luck.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

true but they made one of their biggest signing since they arrived on the team.
Originally posted by 9erempire:

true but they made one of their biggest signing since they arrived on the team.

The Moss signing?
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
The Moss signing?

Alex.
No class? I know a good deal of 49ers fans who would have ridiculed them if they didn't make a go at Manning. Well they gave what most fans wanted and now because they didn't get him they have no class? Please.
Originally posted by BayArea:
No class? I know a good deal of 49ers fans who would have ridiculed them if they didn't make a go at Manning. Well they gave what most fans wanted and now because they didn't get him they have no class? Please.

nobody wanted us to sign Manning. He doesn't deserve to be a 9er.

The only people that wanted us to sign Manning were his fans and Colts fans looking for a second team.

I wouldnt go along the lines of horrible................... how exactly were they supposed to handle it? they were def. smart in keeping it low away from the media for as long as they did.
I think they are doing a great, but I think the QB drama this offseason wouldn't crack the top 10 reasons they're doing a good job, and could probably be used as evidence to the contrary.

...is what I would normally say....but since I notice that MadDog is in here bashing them, on cue, then I'll go ahead and just agree that they are awesome and handled this well.

And a bunch ridiculed them for going after Manning. Signing Manning was a risk for the 9ers as explained many, many times on this board.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Maddog should be our GM.
Originally posted by 9erempire:

nobody wanted us to sign Manning. He doesn't deserve to be a 9er.

The only people that wanted us to sign Manning were his fans and Colts fans looking for a second team.

What you mean nobody wanted us to sign manning? you referring to Niner fans?
couldn't agree more.

This is not a true statement at all. This has been their MO since their arrival. They have done this with every single free agent they've had. They offer a contract before they get to free agency. If the player wants it, he takes it (Ahmad Brooks). If he doesn't want it, he tests the waters and the 49ers get moving on to a Plan B. It's happened at all positions on the roster. If Alex was bothered by this, he shouldn't have been surprised (Goldson 2011, Clements 2011, Rogers this year, Ginn this year, Morgan this year, Costanzo this year). They have their core and they will not overspend or coddle. It works for every other marquee franchise.

Purely speculation, but I would not be surprised if it comes out that Alex was made fully aware that they were going to talk to other FA QBs. Even Condon knows that a team is not going to sit around and wait for a slightly above average player. The FO did their jobs, doing everything in their power to try and improve the team.
Share 49ersWebzone