Baalke and Harbaugh proved they are great coach and GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
They proved that they have no class. This was handled horribly

Pointing your finger at others anonymously on the internet claiming they have no class is also a sign of no class.

give him a break..he's just upset that we took aldon smith over jj watt

Yea, he's still pissed we dumped Arnaz Battle, Eric Heitman, Derek Smith

As well as taking Patrick Willis over Adam Carriker.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
3 minutes?

with my attention span thats years haha
Originally posted by guillotine31:
This is not a true statement at all. This has been their MO since their arrival. They have done this with every single free agent they've had. They offer a contract before they get to free agency. If the player wants it, he takes it (Ahmad Brooks). If he doesn't want it, he tests the waters and the 49ers get moving on to a Plan B. It's happened at all positions on the roster. If Alex was bothered by this, he shouldn't have been surprised (Goldson 2011, Clements 2011, Rogers this year, Ginn this year, Morgan this year, Costanzo this year). They have their core and they will not overspend or coddle. It works for every other marquee franchise.

Purely speculation, but I would not be surprised if it comes out that Alex was made fully aware that they were going to talk to other FA QBs. Even Condon knows that a team is not going to sit around and wait for a slightly above average player. The FO did their jobs, doing everything in their power to try and improve the team.

Exactly. They place a value on a player and act accordingly. Alex Smith was offered a contract. It was not signed. They began looking at alternatives. What better option than Peyton Manning. Alex must have thought they would just sit and wait for him to demand more money. I am a huge Alex Smith supporter, but to me, this was handled worse on his agent's part than the Niners FO. His agent was only worried about Peyton Manning signing. I don't find it coincidental that Manning signed his deal this morning and Smith agreed tonight.
Can we get passed this though as a fanbase. We are constantly arguing over mundane things. Lets just say f**k it and put our trust in the organization and hope for a superbowl.

We need to go back to before and start saying "Who's got it better than us!!" "NOOOOOOOBOODY!!" and start getting ready to beat the f**k out of the rest of the NFL.

Forget the drama let's hope Alex whoops the f**k out of Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Eli, and that b***h Peyton.

Let's just move passed it and try to f**k the rest of the NFL up.

f**k you Elway, you got Manning, good for you. Montana annihilated you and your s**tty broncos team in the superbowl. He still can feel the sting from that one. The harshest beatdown in superbowl history?? Yeah Elway Joe spanked your ass and I hope you get to the superbowl because this franchise would love to whoop a s**tty ass broncos team again. lol
[ Edited by BayArea on Mar 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
In the Lowell Cohn Lifetime Achievement Category
I can only imagine the reaction if we never looked into getting Manning. Damned if they do. Damned if they don't.

Such is the logic of the webzone.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Pointing your finger at others anonymously on the internet claiming they have no class is also a sign of no class.

give him a break..he's just upset that we took aldon smith over jj watt

Yea, he's still pissed we dumped Arnaz Battle, Eric Heitman, Derek Smith

As well as taking Patrick Willis over Adam Carriker.
There is so much win in this I love it!
Originally posted by BayArea:
Can we get passed this though as a fanbase. We are constantly arguing over mundane things. Lets just say f**k it and put our trust in the organization and hope for a superbowl.

We need to go back to before and start saying "Who's got it better than us!!" "NOOOOOOOBOODY!!" and start getting ready to beat the f**k out of the rest of the NFL.

Forget the drama let's hope Alex whoops the f**k out of Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Eli, and that b***h Peyton.

Let's just move passed it and try to f**k the rest of the NFL up.

f**k you Elway, you got Manning, good for you. Montana annihilated you and your s**tty broncos team in the superbowl. He still can feel the sting from that one. The harshest beatdown in superbowl history?? Yeah Elway Joe spanked your ass and I hope you get to the superbowl because this franchise would love to whoop a s**tty ass broncos team again. lol

The Broncos are one injured neck away from throwing out their entire season. Let the Broncos take on that kind of liability. Far too much of a risk when you combine that with his age, in my opinion.

Its business that's all it is...
Agreed. It reminded me of when the Dolphins owner flew out to CA to try to lure Harbaugh to Miami even though he already had a head coach.

Originally posted by area49:
Agreed. It reminded me of when the Dolphins owner flew out to CA to try to lure Harbaugh to Miami even though he already had a head coach.

Miami HAD a coach we didn't HAVE a starting QB.

What the heck are you talking about? The Dolphins made a show out of their Harbaugh pursuit, and even of their Manning pursuit, with their private jets. The Niners, on the other hand, like a class organization, tried to keep it on the down low and didn't turn it into some media/Twitter frenzy, like some other guy I know *cough* Elway *cough*. The Niners pursued Manning like a class organization, to say otherwise is to not know what class is.

Anyway, why are people feeding the troll? MadDog never has anything positive to say and climbs in a hole, or his mom's basement, when he is shown to be wrong.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rk1642:
I thought this kind of talk about fellow posters and what kind of fan they are was off limits?

Mods?
there is just no reason for someone getting the torches and pitchfork treatment just cuz he dare has theory that is not only different from some but is something many people agree with. what the hell would you people do is maddog turned the tables on you and called you non fans and weirdos just cuz you disagree with him,,, holy s**t, you guys would all be crying for him to get banned, sheesh
Originally posted by brizznasty:

Miami HAD a coach we didn't HAVE a starting QB.

Hate when pertinent facts get in the way
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by excelsior:
I agree with MadDog. The handling of this matter was awkward and avoidable - even amaturish. After all, Baalke is really new at this GM thing and has a great deal to learn. Unfortunately, he won the "NFL Executive of the Year Award" and probably thinks he knows it all already. Things went very swimmingly last year - almost too good. Frankly, things kind of broke our way a bit last year.

How to better handle this? They should have been straight up and open with Alex when they decided to make a try at Manning, and given him a chance to explore his options earlier when they were exploring theirs. When Manning spurned the 49ers, they should have increased their offer to Alex in light of a number of things, one of which was to send a signal to the rest of the team that Alex is truely valued. This way the team will be more inclined to be enthused about the coming year. Instead, they have effectively told the world that they do not think that Alex is very good, and we will see if that has any adverse effect down the road.

There is no doubt that Harbaugh and Baalke are a vast improvement over the previous cast of bumblers, but they are not perfect and each has a little bit to learn yet. Remember, one can argue that Harbaugh lost the NFCC game when he/STs coach failed to instruct Kyle to be more protective of the ball, especially after watching him be reckless twice before the third one put a stake through our heart. The NYG organization was smart enough to order their KR/PR to go down as soon as they fielded the wet ball. Yes, I said it - I think Harbaugh was outcoached that game.
you got guts bud. the mob will soon be upon you, just cuz you agreed with the dog who,, has a different opinion than alot of people here, thats a crime, we need to take him outside and beat the s**t out of him for that
Share 49ersWebzone