There are 165 users in the forums

ILB Larry Grant (RFA) to be tendered

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Larry Grant tendered at original round

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/49ers-place-original-round-tender-on-Gra?blockID=666416&feedID=5884

He's a goner !

Surprised. Yes, a goner.
A 7th round draft pick lulz
gonna have a little bit more cap room
Originally posted by valrod33:

I'm surprised the brass doesn't think he's worth an extra $660K to keep around at the 2nd round level.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
if we lose gooden and grant, who the heck backs up at ilb
There has to be something more about this orginal tender, because it doesn't make much sense. I trust that there is logical reasoning for this move.
yeah, I don't understand...Grant is a very capable backup who is valuable on special teams. I thought they'd put a 2nd round tender on him. Reading in btw. the lines of their approach thus far, I think they have a their sights set on a higher priced guy (Wallace?). It seems like they are saving cap room.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toeshawn:
if we lose gooden and grant, who the heck backs up at ilb

you find a mid round draft choice and/or vet later this summer just like we found with grant.grant wants to start and there is no way he will with the guys in front of him.
We still hold the right of first refusal and can match any offer made my another team. There's still a chance I guess.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Mar 9, 2012 at 9:26 AM ]
We still hold the right of first refusal and can match any offer made my another team. There's still a chance I guess.

I don't think his value around the league is nearly as high as some people here expect. He played well, but the sample size was still pretty small.
[ Edited by SFrush on Mar 9, 2012 at 9:34 AM ]

Originally posted by valrod33:

I'm surprised the brass doesn't think he's worth an extra $660K to keep around at the 2nd round level.

it seems more like an unselfish move on the niners part. it's giving him a chance to start somewhere in the league. theres no point in holding him back
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by schmons:
it seems more like an unselfish move on the niners part. it's giving him a chance to start somewhere in the league. theres no point in holding him back
plus i am sure they are not to interested in over spending for a back up no matter how good of a back up he is. nice to be worried about backups and not starters!
Originally posted by English:
Larry Grant tendered at original round

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/49ers-place-original-round-tender-on-Gra?blockID=666416&feedID=5884

He's a goner !

Surprised. Yes, a goner.

I'm a bit disappointed. I get it, but I'm not happy about it.
He's going right back to St. Louis.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
He's going right back to St. Louis.

Dunno...Gregg Williams
Share 49ersWebzone