There are 161 users in the forums

ILB Larry Grant (RFA) to be tendered

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He was fantastic this year. There are way more teams interested in this guy than people probably think about. A 2nd Round tender is the way to go. The Colts Eagles and Chiefs all strike me as teams that might give up a 2nd for him. Maybe even dalas. Didn't they let a LB go?
Personally I rather he signs an extension, we need an extra quality backup ILB. But if he does go we need to use the 2nd round tender.
smart move. i like him as a backup but a second rounder is awesome if we can get someone to bite.
GREAT that Baalke is not letting him just go as others before him.

Tender him for a 2nd and if nobody bites, sign him for 2 M and then trade him for a 2-3 rounder.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
GREAT that Baalke is not letting him just go as others before him.

Tender him for a 2nd and if nobody bites, sign him for 2 M and then trade him for a 2-3 rounder.

If nobody bites on the 2nd why would you suggest it twice?
I like LG a lot, but lets be real. Not going to get a 2nd for him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Howlett49:

No way in hell would somebody give a second round pick for a career back up.
Originally posted by susweel:

Not true, look at the bounty Philly got for Kolb, and there have been a few other times too. Look at the number of players who get stuck behind talented players and go somewhere else and play well. He played real well in PWilly's absence. Somebody could decide they want him because they need a starting ILB. Philly's linebacker play was pathetic last year, LG would be a big upgrade for him.
I'll take a second rounder over "depth" any day. He played very well, but a 2nd could be a starter for years.
He is trade bait for sure. No way we are paying him more than Bowman. He is being used as trade bait for the draft.

Originally posted by bigwads:
He is trade bait for sure. No way we are paying him more than Bowman. He is being used as trade bait for the draft.

maybe, good chance we are still working on a new deal for him
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Not true, look at the bounty Philly got for Kolb, and there have been a few other times too. Look at the number of players who get stuck behind talented players and go somewhere else and play well. He played real well in PWilly's absence. Somebody could decide they want him because they need a starting ILB. Philly's linebacker play was pathetic last year, LG would be a big upgrade for him.

QB always is more important than any other positions.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

QB always is more important than any other positions.

Yeah but they got a ton more for Kolb than a 2nd. They got DRC and a first too or something like that. Kolb was way unproven. LG would start on most teams, a 2nd for a starter for the next 4-5 years isn't a bad deal.
Absolutely, a 2nd round tender MINIMUM. With his experience, a second rounder (remember, its at the end of the round, so basically a third round pick) could hardly fill his role! Should, I'd wonder what a first round tender costs?
Larry Grant tendered at original round

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/49ers-place-original-round-tender-on-Gra?blockID=666416&feedID=5884

He's a goner !
Share 49ersWebzone