LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 181 users in the forums

Why did we overpay so much for Brooks? And where does that leave us now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
So is SD still mad ?

If he is then he has major issues
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ImaM

i.W.o

Indio World Order
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
So is SD still mad ?

I use to be mad before but then we won 13 games and now Im happy
So is SD still mad ?

and now I dont hate you. Its a win win situation
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
So is SD still mad ?

and now I dont hate you. Its a win win situation

but I still hate you, its just in my dna.
OMG $2.85M cap hit this year! We SOOOOOOOOO overpaid! Overreact overreact!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Loco49er:
He is the best! I still remember there were some haters a couple years ago, hopefully they are all gone now. Jed better make sure he never leaves.

Originally posted by Marvin49:
The zone has moved a LONG, LONG way to actually praise Paraag. A year ago this post would have been mocked endlessly.

I've never had an issue with Paraag. He was never the problem. He was just a conveinient excuse.

Ya I never understood the hate for him. All he deals with is players' contract and he does a great job with them
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Grandmaster AB calculates it at 3 05 but that is close enough
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Here is the best part of that article
The 49ers would have an estimated $23 million of cap space available if, as expected, the 2012 NFL salary cap remains close to last year's $120.375 million figure.Read more: Brooks' deal counts $2.85 million against 2012 cap Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

And it's likely that Spencer and Harlason will be cone giving us them roughly 6 mil more.

Anyone still freaking our about Brooks? I was fine with the way the deal was reported before, I'm even happier now.

Spencer will be gone for sure. I keep hearing Haralson's deal mentioned as a potential cost saving opportunity through re-negotiation or out-right release. But with our absolute lack of depth at OLB (Parys is our depth) I find it hard to believe they'll approach Haralson with an ultimatum to re-negotiate or be cut.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Here is the best part of that article
The 49ers would have an estimated $23 million of cap space available if, as expected, the 2012 NFL salary cap remains close to last year's $120.375 million figure.Read more: Brooks' deal counts $2.85 million against 2012 cap Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

I dont know how he does it
We give very good contracts to players that earn it (made Willis, Vernon highest paid players at their positions) and we still have good cap space

The A's had "Money Ball." The Niners have "Bali Ball." Super smart Indian math geniuses will be the trend in the league now. They'll probably even make a movie about it.......

Racist? I really mean it as a complement.

wow, the contract is even better than I thought. love our front office.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Here is your supporting evidence from Mike Sando on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/59916/brooks-deal-shows-teams-control-cap
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

wow, the contract is even better than I thought. love our front office.

OH NOSE WE PAID AHMAD BROOKS 44 MILL NEXT THEY ARE GOING TO GIVE A 99 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT TO BLAKE COSTANZO

2.85 million this year!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB NINERS.......and the years after this one.

[MAIOCCO: 49ers mailbag -- The impact of Brooks' deal]

Brooks' future cap figures are $6.65 million in 2013, $7.5 million in 2014, 8.35 million in 2015, $6.35 million in 2016, and $5.3 million in 2017. Those amounts include roster bonuses in which Brooks receives approximately $50,000 for every game he is active in the regular season, a source said.

Read more: Brooks' deal counts $2.85 million against 2012 cap Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
P.S. What would you like with your Crow SD?
Share 49ersWebzone