LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 141 users in the forums

Why did we overpay so much for Brooks? And where does that leave us now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Here is the best part of that article
The 49ers would have an estimated $23 million of cap space available if, as expected, the 2012 NFL salary cap remains close to last year's $120.375 million figure.Read more: Brooks' deal counts $2.85 million against 2012 cap Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

I dont know how he does it
We give very good contracts to players that earn it (made Willis, Vernon highest paid players at their positions) and we still have good cap space

The A's had "Money Ball." The Niners have "Bali Ball." Super smart Indian math geniuses will be the trend in the league now. They'll probably even make a movie about it.......

Racist? I really mean it as a complement.

Paraag was recomended to the 49ers by....

Billy Bean. No Joke.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Billy Bean. No Joke.

are you serious?
Thats pretty cool to hear as an A's fan, lol

"I can either take this s**t, or you can give it to me willingly."
P.S. What would you like with your Crow SD?

Yeah...I think it's safe to say we didn't over pay and we got a guy that is going to contribute for a long time to come.

AWESOME!!!

This team is starting to look like it's built for the long term for the first time in a very very long time.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Billy Bean. No Joke.

are you serious?
Thats pretty cool to hear as an A's fan, lol

I read it a long time ago (and it's Beane....my bad). Trying to find an article, but that was a LONG time ago.

He is definitely a student of the "Moneyball" statistical approach. I don't think he was ever the problem. I think The coaches were the problem.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
P.S. What would you like with your Crow SD?

Yeah...I think it's safe to say we didn't over pay and we got a guy that is going to contribute for a long time to come.

AWESOME!!!

This team is starting to look like it's built for the long term for the first time in a very very long time.

Oh yeah!!!

2.85 Mil.........this is what i think of this thread now

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
He won't be paid $44 Million . . .

if your against the deal, you'll reference 44 mil, if u like the deal you'll reference 17.5 mil, simply put its just how it is

If he meets all incentives and signing bonuses he will get $44 million. That's too much of a cap # for an average OLB. I repeat he had 7 sacks tops in his career and 49 tackles tops. That's the best he ever did. EVER! Rediculous what they paid him and how he will effect our cap for years to come.

But if he meets all his incentives will he still be an average player? Your argument begs the question.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The meat of the contract is the guaranteed 17.5 mil. Risky for the team if Brooks end up not performing up to par. But other than that, it's a cap friendly deal especially going into this year with all the other FA to sign.

Read it again. 4 million of that "guaranteed" money is in year-by-year roster bonuses starting in 2013. I f he sucks, he goes, and he doesn't collect the roster bonuses, and those bonuses don't escalate and create dead money. Genius deal. I hope andes14 has a chance to read Maiocco's article. That's how an impressive sounding contract is done. Player happy, agent bragging, team safe. I love the direction the Niners are heading in!
When this thread began, all I could think was that none of us really knew how the deal was structured so why was this guy screaming about it. Turns out there was nothing to worry about. Kinda funny. I don't want to look back through all the posts. Has the thread author come on line and taken his medicine on this or is he just laying low and hoping everyone will forget that he was a drama queen?

Originally posted by GNielsen:
When this thread began, all I could think was that none of us really knew how the deal was structured so why was this guy screaming about it. Turns out there was nothing to worry about. Kinda funny. I don't want to look back through all the posts. Has the thread author come on line and taken his medicine on this or is he just laying low and hoping everyone will forget that he was a drama queen?

He just needed something to wring his hands over. Sometimes I feel SD is Bipolar . . . but he's still one of us.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
He won't be paid $44 Million . . .

if your against the deal, you'll reference 44 mil, if u like the deal you'll reference 17.5 mil, simply put its just how it is

If he meets all incentives and signing bonuses he will get $44 million. That's too much of a cap # for an average OLB. I repeat he had 7 sacks tops in his career and 49 tackles tops. That's the best he ever did. EVER! Rediculous what they paid him and how he will effect our cap for years to come.

If he meets all incentives that means he did great. You only at only the sack numbers. They are looking at other numbers that others that you are not taking into consideration and probably overlooking. 7 Sacks, 5 forced fumbles, and the interceptions. Add to that how many QB pressures did he have and batted passes. If he meets his incentives it means he got a certain amount of sacks, int. and forced fumbles etc.

Without the incentives he it is 6 years 37 million-this includes roster and signing bonus. There is even one where if he is active he gets 50K bonus (this is not part of the incentives. So if he is hurt and not on the active roster for the game he loses money. They posted the numbers and its not bad. This year he will only count 2.85 million. Parathe is also taking into account the players in the future when his contract peaks who might not be here like Justin Smith etc.
This thread is almost as bad as when SD claimed that we were one and done after the Cardinal loss
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
he does that alot, throws something out there, stirs it up, gets a reaction and then lays low and hope everyone forgets,,, example one,, he said on this zone before i got banned that the niners would rue the day we let rashaun woods go,,,, example two,, he moaned and screamed how awfull it was that jim h was not at the combine last year and now this. always for whatever reason, throwing s**t at the wall, hoping something will stick and then when it does not he forgets he every said it in the first place
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for schmons.
yeah and he'll post absurd comments with no real basis and when questioned, he won't answer and continues on his tirade. how else do you think he's up near 30K posts now?
Share 49ersWebzone