There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

This guy is a joke.
dude needs to just be thrown too once in awhile.
even the announcers sawr that he was dropping everything

But it's JETS

Just enjoy this shti
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
he's got tons of potential but he's had the dropsies all year it seems.
Drop, big catch, catch, drop, drop, big catch. So frustrating
He makes plays. He forces the Defense to cover him. He has mismatches. Hopefully he will settle down and catch the ball more consistently. Kaep never seems to give up on him. I'd like to see Davis get a few more targets.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
He's the Akers of tight ends lol
Yeah, he didn't look great tonight. Don't know what to say. Two steps forward, two steps back. Think about trying him with different routes. Curls, comebacks. He can catch and go down. Catch and run not so much.
I counted 3 drops in the first half and the catch that was overturned because his hand was out ...

Walker is a good blocker but his drops are killing us.
there is no 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker
Originally posted by VA49er:
He makes plays. He forces the Defense to cover him. He has mismatches. Hopefully he will settle down and catch the ball more consistently. Kaep never seems to give up on him. I'd like to see Davis get a few more targets.

What does this even mean?? Pretty much any receiver will force the defense to cover him, you're not saying anything at all here.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Yeah, he didn't look great tonight. Don't know what to say. Two steps forward, two steps back. Think about trying him with different routes. Curls, comebacks. He can catch and go down. Catch and run not so much.

I was going to praise him for that absolutely beautiful catch he made, falling out of bounds. Even though it didn't count, that was an awesome catch and exactly what I'd like to see out of him. Of course, a few players later he f**ked it up by dropping another pass.

Its just who he is, he'll make plays at times, and he'll make drops, sometimes in highly crucial moments. If people can deal with that, then so be it. I still think the 49ers should make it a priority to find someone who is a solid blocker but has more reliable hands.
The guy is a pretty damn good blocker to be honest.

His hands are either extremely impressive of a disappointment. I have a love/hate relationship with the guy. He makes up for some of his mistakes though.

One of the biggest up-and-down players we have.
Honestly, I was making Walker jokes during the game. If he is seeing the field so much because of Manningham injury, then fine.
Celeck
beast