LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

NFL approves 200 Million of funding for Santa Clara stadium

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
how long is it going to take to build the stadium?

If they breakground in April, we could be looking at 2014 to open the joint up.

This would be great!
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
Drove by today! Basic construction has begun! Stadium side has lots of work going on! Other side of the freeway is the parking garage as well as a huge parking lot with an underground tunnel to the stadium!

^ YEAH BUDDY

Originally posted by NONAME:
Drove by today! Basic construction has begun! Stadium side has lots of work going on! Other side of the freeway is the parking garage as well as a huge parking lot with an underground tunnel to the stadium!

I meant to post this on Friday when I drove by the site. There are cranes onsite, they are already breaking down a wall outside the Niner HQ, and construction is underway ona parking garage across the street (separate project) and they are leveling the ground where the Debartolo/Montana project will be built. It's busy, busy, busy down there. ;-)

Those are the soccer fields next door in the foreground and the stadium site in teh background. There were a BUNCH of cars out there with a crane and about 30 or 40 construction workers on teh site. I took this from an overpass nearby.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I meant to post this on Friday when I drove by the site. There are cranes onsite, they are already breaking down a wall outside the Niner HQ, and construction is underway ona parking garage across the street (separate project) and they are leveling the ground where the Debartolo/Montana project will be built. It's busy, busy, busy down there. ;-)

Those are the soccer fields next door in the foreground and the stadium site in teh background. There were a BUNCH of cars out there with a crane and about 30 or 40 construction workers on teh site. I took this from an overpass nearby.

JOBS for Californians =
Marvin are you the one that said you were gonna do a time-lapse video of the stadium construction since you work nearby and can take a photo every week? please do so!

So many here doubted that York could get this done.

Can you get the names of the construction firms? Id like to see if they have any field engineer positions available.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Can you get the names of the construction firms? Id like to see if they have any field engineer positions available.

its a joint venture between general contractors Turner and Devcon

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

its a joint venture between general contractors Turner and Devcon

Uncle Eddie arranged some cushy no-shows for some associates also......
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Marvin are you the one that said you were gonna do a time-lapse video of the stadium construction since you work nearby and can take a photo every week? please do so!

Yes. That's my plan anyway. I'll try to get a better angle tho and a diff camera. That was just a quick one taken with my iPhone.
Share 49ersWebzone