LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

NFL approves 200 Million of funding for Santa Clara stadium

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DFW49erFan:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
But wait.........will they be the Santa Clara 49ers?
I doubt it, Dallas blew it and lost the Cowboys to the city of Arlington around here but they're still the Dallas Cowboys. Actually, even before that the football stadium was in Irving, TX. The name just has too much significance with the history these franchises have built.

I doubt it, Dallas blew it and lost the Cowboys to the city of Arlington around here but they're still the Dallas Cowboys. Actually, even before that the football stadium was in Irving, TX. The name just has too much significance with the history these franchises have built.

Yea I figured as much, but I'm new so give me a break. I'm sure my post helped someone, lol.

Yea I figured as much, but I'm new so give me a break. I'm sure my post helped someone, lol.

LOL...NO worries.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
looks like i'll be going to some home games!!!

y didnt u before
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
looks like i'll be going to some home games!!!

y didnt u before

because i was too busy in the jesus/bible thread
To me it is crazy that the people against the stadium fail to realize that the 49ers do not own the stadium, the city does. So the 49ers are paying for a stadium that they will have to rent for almost 100 years, and then when you factor in that they will only use it 10 times per year not including 2-3 playoff games in the post season, the rest of the year the city of santa clara will have the option of renting it out for concerts and other events.

Now imagine if you were paying to build a house that you will be renting for the summer at a very hight rate, while the owners will get to rent it out to whoever they want to rent it to during the other seasons. But you have to sign a 60 year lease.

Who's winning in this deal again? The 49ers should be the ones complaining if you ask me.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
To me it is crazy that the people against the stadium fail to realize that the 49ers do not own the stadium, the city does. So the 49ers are paying for a stadium that they will have to rent for almost 100 years, and then when you factor in that they will only use it 10 times per year not including 2-3 playoff games in the post season, the rest of the year the city of santa clara will have the option of renting it out for concerts and other events.

Now imagine if you were paying to build a house that you will be renting for the summer at a very hight rate, while the owners will get to rent it out to whoever they want to rent it to during the other seasons. But you have to sign a 60 year lease.

Who's winning in this deal again? The 49ers should be the ones complaining if you ask me.

Well....I'm with ya.....but there is a bit more to it.

Teams usually don't want to own the stadium. They don't want to upkeep it. They also DO get some of the $$$$ for other events held at the stadium. My guess is that the 49ers would even make a little money on Raider games should they be played there.

It's also a 40 year lease.....not that it really matters.

SO, like I said....I'm with ya, but it ain't all that bad a deal for the 49ers.

Teams usually don't want to own the stadium. They don't want to upkeep it. They also DO get some of the $$$$ for other events held at the stadium. My guess is that the 49ers would even make a little money on Raider games should they be played there.

If the teamed moved in 40 years they couldn't take the stadium with them or continue to get paid for events. Santa Clara sure would have the leverage to get another team to lease the stadium though.
Originally posted by schmons:
maybe now the raiders can upgrade and move into candlestick

OMG, don't say stuff like that when people are driving.

Originally posted by glorydayz:

If the teamed moved in 40 years they couldn't take the stadium with them or continue to get paid for events. Santa Clara sure would have the leverage to get another team to lease the stadium though.

....and thats why they don't want to own it. It will be an Albatross to an NFL team. The Stick opened in 1960....so it's 51 years old.

Do you think the Niners wish they owned Candlestick right now? What do you think SF is going to do with Candlestick when the Niners leave? Hint: It involves Bulldozers.

Again....I'm with ya, but it's a bit more complicated than that.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 2, 2012 at 2:45 PM ]
On one hand I'm delighted. On the other, I'm PI$$ED!

Delighted: The Niners are staying. Los Angeles doesn't get them. No other city with deep pockets gets them. We keep them. The legendary franchise lives on.

PI$$ED: Idiot boy lost the team. I can't believe this guy is Lt. Governor now. Gavin Newsom had every advantage in the world to keep the Niners in SF, and managed to urinate on everything. This guy is going to be your Governor one day. Be scared. Be very, very scared. This just shows the further gentrification of San Francisco. At one time, this was a progressive, get-it-done, city. It's still progressive, but for all the wrong reasons. You can't get anything done in San Francisco now. Business friendly? Hardly. Idiots. Dumb, stupid idiots.

For those of you complaining that "it's gonna cost an arm and a leg to attend games" and the "ordinary fan gets jobbed," please take this clue. I heard the same dire predictions about AT&T (formerly PacBell) Park. Is/was it true? No -- ordinary fans like Bill Bird get to take in Giants games all the time -- far more than I ever took in at cruddy Candlemistake Park.
Yorks are officially redeemed for the early years.

Good job Yorksters!
Originally posted by billbird2111:
On one hand I'm delighted. On the other, I'm PI$$ED!

Delighted: The Niners are staying. Los Angeles doesn't get them. No other city with deep pockets gets them. We keep them. The legendary franchise lives on.

PI$$ED: Idiot boy lost the team. I can't believe this guy is Lt. Governor now. Gavin Newsom had every advantage in the world to keep the Niners in SF, and managed to urinate on everything. This guy is going to be your Governor one day. Be scared. Be very, very scared. This just shows the further gentrification of San Francisco. At one time, this was a progressive, get-it-done, city. It's still progressive, but for all the wrong reasons. You can't get anything done in San Francisco now. Business friendly? Hardly. Idiots. Dumb, stupid idiots.

For those of you complaining that "it's gonna cost an arm and a leg to attend games" and the "ordinary fan gets jobbed," please take this clue. I heard the same dire predictions about AT&T (formerly PacBell) Park. Is/was it true? No -- ordinary fans like Bill Bird get to take in Giants games all the time -- far more than I ever took in at cruddy Candlemistake Park.

relax dude.

He also stated that the seats will be affordable to everyone.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami

RT @mattbarrows: York calls a 2015 opening date "a certainty" but that he is hopeful the facility will be open for 2014 ..
Share 49ersWebzone